Ted Thompsons draft pick won MVP

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Alexander got MVP(he deserved it), but my point is...ted thompson is good at GMing. That is all.

but hes a termite, a terminator...a...jerk...whatever you say, fellas!

He's a good GM.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
Alexander got MVP(he deserved it), but my point is...ted thompson is good at GMing. That is all.

He's a good GM.

I guess he is, but it took years to make the kid an mvp. he sure worked long and hard enough to earn it.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did Thompson really pick Alexander? I've always heard that Mike Holmgren had the final say with personnel decisions in Seattle, even after he was stripped of his GM title. For that reason, it's hard to judge Thompson's performance in Seattle.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
are...are you serious. im sure holmgren had some say, because hes the coach, just like i hope our new coach has some influence in our 2006 draft picks. cmon now.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
Did Thompson really pick Alexander? I've always heard that Mike Holmgren had the final say with personnel decisions in Seattle, even after he was stripped of his GM title. For that reason, it's hard to judge Thompson's performance in Seattle.

oops me wrong again :?: :oops:

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Keep blowing me, Depack.

TED THOMPSON IS THE COOLEST

------

Ted Thompson Draft Pick Voted NFL MVP

by Jeff Fedotin, Packers.com
posted 01/05/2006

Shaun Alexander
Displaying the acumen of Green Bay Packers General Manager Ted Thompson, the Associated Press named Seattle Seahawks running back Shaun Alexander the NFL's Most Valuable Player on Thursday.

Alexander represents Thompson's first NFL draft selection while serving as Seahawks Vice President of Football Operations. Thompson chose him with the 19th overall pick in the 2000 draft.

In 2005 Alexander enjoyed one of the most successful seasons ever by a running back. He rushed for 1,880 yards and a single-season NFL record of 28 touchdowns.

Alexander earned 19 votes from a nationwide panel of 50 sportswriters and broadcasters who cover the NFL. Peyton Manning, the Indianapolis Colts quarterback and winner of the last two MVPs, finished second with 13 votes.

With his record-breaking 2005 season, Alexander became the only player in NFL history with at least 15 touchdowns in five straight seasons.

He broke Kansas City Chiefs running back Priest Holmes' mark of 27 touchdowns with his one-yard run against the Packers in Week 17. The Packers held the MVP to 73 yards on 20 carries in that game.

-----

so his title was Vice President of Football Operations, bottom line, as the article on PACKERS.COM said, "Thompson chose him with the 19th overall pick in the 2000 draft."

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
PackerChick said:
tromadz said:

He's a good GM.

I guess he is, but it took years to make the kid an mvp. he sure worked long and hard enough to earn it.

holy poop stains on bra's are you fuggin being ******* him or WHAT!? no crap it takes time to develope into a MVP of the NFL which is where the best of the BEST play.

i have to stop ... ur amazing pc amazing jus like the sharp edges on a bowling ball, amazing

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:

DePack, Trom, you guys kill me. Easy on the personal trash talking in here. Trom I about fell off my chair when I read that, but take it easy unless you are in the smack area.

Zero2Cool said:
holy poop stains on bra's are you fuggin being ******* him or WHAT!?
WOW... what else can you say about that.... wow...

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No need to apologize to me trom. I'm a big boy.....and I'm RIGHT.

Imagine that. The official website of the Green Bay Packers trying to pad the resume' of their GM. Why? Could they be trying to cut short a PR disaster?

In the words of a semi-illiterate poster on this site "If they said it.....it must be true".

My statement was that Thompson was not the GM of the Seashawks when Alexander was drafted. He wasn't. He was the Vice President of Football Operations. Mike Holmgren (he used to coach in Green Bay before your time) was the Executive Vice President, General Manager (hence GM) and Head Football Coach when Alexander was drafted. C'mon now you tell me....who drafted Shawn Alexander? Anyone that has been alive for the past 15 years knows that Mike Holmgren would never allow anyone to make that pick but himself.

I DO accept your apology in advance for the mistake.....but I'm going to have to decline the invitation you offered. Whichever relative is performing that duty will have to continue.

As for you subin.....I'll cut you some slack because you are a newbie around here. It will take some time to realize who the truly knowledgable posters are on this site

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What is it with all the chubby/blow me references of late? Hey....this is a PACKERS site....not a PECKERS site!

Geez...you guys listening to YMCA as you post?!? LOL Who's your favorite....I like the cowboy......after "The HOFF"...of course!

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Drafted in the Spring of 2000. Holmgren lost his GM title after the 2002 season.

Hey...I don't blame trom for the mistake. Packers.com printed the article with that title. You'd think you can trust them. Something fishy is going on at 1265 Lombardi Ave. I love what Harlan has done for this franchise but I don't like the smell right now.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Besides.....whoever wants to claim the drafting of Alexander will have to also claim the trade of Ahman Green for Fred Vinson.....they both happened at the same time.....ouch!!

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm also a little disturbed by that Packers.com article. I want to believe Thompson will be a great GM, but it doesn't look good when the organization is trying to pump him up with false claims. It makes me wonder if they've got something to hide.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packers.coms articles have pissed me off 3 times now.

1. this one
2. A "William whitticker is impressing the coaches" article, a week later he was benched
3. A "Carroll vastly improves' Article which we all know is ********

I officially dont trust packers.com now.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't blame you trom. I ALMOST posted that article myself to say something positive about TT. Then when I looked it up it pissed me off but I let it go. You think your safe to comment when you read something like that.

No hard feelings.

Members online