Ted Thompson

Packman5

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all off season the packer fans were on his *** about the whole favre thing, free agency, what he would do in the draft. Now that everything is said and done pretty much he actually might not be the ******* everyone said he was. I mean he did put together a Super Bowl team in Seattle. I'm off the TT hatewagon, for now atleast.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Hold UP!

Everyone?

Please now, I didn't say such words!

I've supported him, McCarthy and the Packers since day one of the Sherman canning!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you mean we should have waited for free agency and the draft to judge him before making irrationl hatred threads?

sounds somewhat familiar...

good post,packman5.

OP
OP
P

Packman5

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm saying a lot of people were ready to tear his head off on things that he couldn't control. It's not his fault Favre took forever to have a decision and it's not his fault that Lavar didn't sign i mean he gave him more $ then the Giants did, all it came down to was LA wanted a chance to play his old team twice a year.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Packman5 said:
I'm saying a lot of people were ready to tear his head off on things that he couldn't control. It's not his fault Favre took forever to have a decision and it's not his fault that Lavar didn't sign i mean he gave him more $ then the Giants did, all it came down to was LA wanted a chance to play his old team twice a year.

Yep.

Just like Longwell wanted to play in a dome as did Viniteri. There wasn't anything we could do about that :(

Sometimes thats just how the ball bounces.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
and sometimes you get ryan pickett and charles woodson. gotta take the good and the bad, do what you can in the draft, and work your butt off. go tt, go favre, go pack!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
Packman5 said:

Yep.

Just like Longwell wanted to play in a dome as did Viniteri. There wasn't anything we could do about that :(

Sometimes thats just how the ball bounces.

O come on..Excuses excuses...TT could have had a dome built for him ya know...

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
from packersnews.com :

This was McCarthy’s first draft as a head coach. He spent more time in draft meetings and in the draft room for the selection process than he’d ever spent as an NFL assistant.

What stood out most to him was the way Thompson and top scouts John Dorsey, John Schneider and Reggie McKenzie handled the Packers’ flurry of trades early in the second round. In just a few minutes, Thompson:

• Traded the Packers’ second-rounder, No. 36 overall, to New England for two draft picks (Nos. 52 and 75).

• Traded receiver Javon Walker to Denver for the No. 37 pick.

• Immediately sent the No. 37 pick and a fifth-rounder (No. 139) to Atlanta for three picks (Nos. 47, 93 and 148).

“We made three trades in the matter of 3 minutes with probably another four or five opportunities on the table,â€

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GREEN BAY

Packers general manager Ted Thompson had a terrific draft. AJ Hawk will be a play maker at linebacker from day 1. The Green Bay defense has been fundamentally unsound and Hawk is an instant impact player. And Iowa linebacker Abdul Hodge was a steal for the Packers defense in round 3. He was the leader of the Iowa defense and is also knows how to wrap up ball carriers.

I loved the Greg Jennings selection in round 2. Jennings is an instant star as a returner. And he will dazzle as a receiver. At Western Michigan, he proved his toughness going over the middle and also playing huge games in his career against non-MAC teams (UVA, Michigan State). Getting Daryn Colledge and Jason Spitz on Day 1 added serious depth and a needed infusion of talent to the offensive line.

And how about the intrigue of grabbing Ingle Martin in round 5. The former Florida QB transferred to Furman when the Gators brought on Chris Leak. And Will Blackmon is a speed demon who played both receiver and defensive back at Boston College.

-foxsports

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packman5 said:

Hey, I have laid off Ted during the draft and will give him the benefit of the doubt on this draft but that does not mean I agree with what he has done this off season.

Note - It's not Favre's fault TT took forever to do anything this off season !!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WinnipegPackFan said:
Note - It's not Favre's fault TT took forever to do anything this off season !!

TT took forever? He had to wait for Adam V to make a decision....he had to wait for Lavar to make a decision....charles woodson talked with GB then waited a month to make HIS decision....

I guess Ted Thompson shoulda yelled at them to hurry up...or something.

but considering you thought some fake myspace page was AJ Hawks website...your words make sense. lol. JK! :wink:

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thompson's done alright as far as I can tell, but can we really tell for a year or two?

I thought calling people out for previous posts was taboo. "Stiring the pot", "trying to start arguments" etc. I guess it depends on which side the mods are on.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts