1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Ted Thompson

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by yooperfan, Jan 2, 2006.

1. yooperfan

yooperfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    TT needs to show all of us die hard Packer fans and the Packer organization that he intends to improve this team now.
    If he is just going to tinker and fiddle F*** he should take it somewhere else.
    This is the Green Bay Packers, The greatest organization in proffessional football I hope he doesn't intend to nickle and dime it to death.

2. rabidgopher04

rabidgopher04 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    You got your wish. ;)

3. musccy

musccy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    no kidding...although he still appears to be a bit of a tightwad, and although I don't think it was necessary to fire MS, I respect the fact that he's willing to make the difficult decision, and won't be intimidated, e.g. w/ MS, cletdius, Joey Thomas, etc.

I'd be stunned if Ahman were back next year though, since Ahman will want to see hom much $ he can get, and TT won't have the patience for that.

4. yooperfan

yooperfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    It's a good start, but there is alot more to do. Here is hoping he continues to move in the right direction.

5. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    It will take time to tell Yooper.

6. WinnipegPackFan

WinnipegPackFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    "Ted Thompson"

I will remember the name of the man that I believed was here to help rebuild the team but instead used Sherman as a "fall guy" for a season that he was also partially resposible for and then,

Helped to show Brett the door by putting him in a situation where retirement might be the only dignified way out for him.

I am still not sure how the "Greatest football Organization" in the NFL is allowing this to happen in such behind the scenes manner to long time loyal and devoted Packers but I ( for one ) am not impressed.

This is not rebuilding using the strengths you have within an organization, this is complete destruction.