ted thompson

ted thompson genius or bust

• Total voters

packman31

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You were one game away from the superbowl last year, you don't want a guy who could get you there again. How smart is that????

pseudocide

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it's only smart when you consider that he will be less than year away from 40 when the season starts, that he has been at least contemplating retirement for the last 4 or 5 years, and that they have a very promising QB who needs to be properly evaluated this year before they lose him.

Chevelle2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packman31 said:
You were one game away from the superbowl last year, you don't want a guy who could get you there again. How smart is that????

You were one game away from the Superbowl last year.

You were a couple of plays away from the SB in 2003.

You were a couple of plays away from the SB in 1995.

You were a couple of plays away from a SB Win in 1998.

You got rid of the guy who blew it each time.

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You got rid of a guy who won games consistintly, and started every game for you. I promise you right now, that Rodgers will not do the second thing that I mentioned

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've said it before and I'll say it again. The only two factors in this whole thing that HAD to happen for it to become ugly were 1) Favre had to retire, and 2) Favre had to be reinstated. The rest of it was just "how it all played out". Now you could say that the team should have sacrificed their offseason preparations to let Favre back in as starter, but that's not "smart", which is what the poll asked. The team came out of this as unified as they could considering Favre's flip flopping created so much chaos, and we got a draft pick (probably a 3rd). Not bad.

packman31

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chevelle2 said:
packman31 said:

As I recall in 2003 we had the game won only to give up 4th and 26. In 1998 as I recall Favre hit Freeman for the go ahead touchdown with less than 2 minutes to go, only to have the 49er's score with the last play of the game. As I recall in the 1995 superbowl lose to Denver it was our defence could not stop Terrel Davis.

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chevelle2 said:
packman31 said:

Why don't you go back and watch the Ram game and see how many balls bounced off Packer receivers hands? There was no way they were beating the Rams that year.

Why don't you go to the Eagles game and see how Sherman screwed that one up in inumerable ways?

Why don't you go back to last year and see who showed up in the Championship game? Here's a clue. There weren't many.

You're probably one of those guys who said that Sherman and his teams sucked, but somehow illogically expected Favre to be a superman and overcome that handicap. It was tremendous that those teams even made the playoffs---and that was because of Favre.

Thompson and MM will be fired in two years.

Then I will be a happy Packer fan again!

Chevelle2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Give it a rest, Ive heard all the excuses.....the sun was in his eyes! Favre woke up on the wrong side of the bed!

I wonder what the excuse will be this year when he stinks it up in NY.

OP
OP
S

starr15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hey packman 31, ted thompson isnt calling the plays or calling the subs its mike mccarthy so if tt were head coach the pack would be 8-8 again because tt's defensive stragety is blitz on any down even if unnecessary

flapackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chevelle2 said:
packman31 said:

No, we got rid of the guy who got us there each time. No Favre = no playoffs in any of those years.

flapackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packman31 said:
Chevelle2 said:
packman31 said:

As I recall in 2003 we had the game won only to give up 4th and 26. In 1998 as I recall Favre hit Freeman for the go ahead touchdown with less than 2 minutes to go, only to have the 49er's score with the last play of the game. As I recall in the 1995 superbowl lose to Denver it was our defence could not stop Terrel Davis.

Stop trying to make sense damn it. If Favre was any good, he would have stopped McNabs 4th & 26, he would have been covering Terell Owens on that 25 yard touchdown with 3 seconds left, he would have gone in the trenches and tackled Terell Davis in the 97 season Superbowl and he would have been able to stop the Cowboys offense in 1995. Favre is a no talent loser who is one dimensional. All he can do is play quarterback. He couldnt even guard Plaxico Burress and Toomer last year in the championship game. No defensive skills at all. Should have never even started playing football.

Members online

Latest posts