1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Ted Thompson:year 2

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by net, Nov 20, 2006.

1. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey don't go taking my line of Rome wasn't built in a Day... :packbeer:

I agree with you on everything. I'd like to add that I think MM and TT know they are rebuilding. I think they believe they can contend in the up and coming years and that's maybe why McCarthy made hints to that he wants Favre back at least 2 more years. Maybe he feels in 2 years it'll be their best chance to win.

I'd also like to say no GM or Coach want's to give the impression that they don't care about winning now that it's all about the future. So there is no way T.T. or MM would say anything like that. If they would it'd be a stupid move on their part. I don't think any GM/Coach combo that new what they were doing would say that. Plus if they said it could you believe the controversy it would stir with the media and Favre. Just makes no sense to say something like that. I'm sure they know what their doing and I'm sure the veteran players like Favre know what is going on from a players point of view. Most fans know what they are doing as well.

2. chibiabos

chibiabos Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    :thumbsup: That pretty well covers it and with 30 players on the roster with 2 years or less experience and 20 with 1 year or less one can see where this is headed. As a side thought, what positions on a team other then QB, takes the most development time? My thoughts are the "O" line and DB's. What I see as a problematic area this year is the lack of TE's usage in the passing attack. I hearken back a few years when GB had a pair of TE's that were capable of making substantial yardage after the catch and even stretching the field on occaission. Now because of the "O" line developing they are using them primarily as blockers and even as fullbacks. One would think with a FB and a TE in the backfield and one pulling guard they could be effective running the old Lombardi sweep. No such luck I guess.

3. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,098
    I wish this poster still posted.

4. wizard 87

wizard 87 Packer Addict

Ratings:
    +11
    Gator passed away about a year and a half ago. May he rest in peace.

5. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,098
    Oh that makes this awkward now.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. HyponGrey

HyponGrey Caseus Locutus Est

Ratings:
    +1,030
    If anything the only new coach we need is maybe a new DL coach

7. Lunchboxer

Lunchboxer Guest

Ratings:
    +76
    That is sad. May he rest in peace.

8. AmishMafia

AmishMafia Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,862
    I recall this theory. On the site I was on at a time, some idiot posted this and then it got reposted by others and taken as a fact. I requested numerous times for a picture to be posted with such an expression of even once, let alone 'always' or 'often'.

9. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    Sad. A year & a half ago.... we won the Super Bowl. Did Gator pass before or after that glorious moment?

10. wizard 87

wizard 87 Packer Addict

Ratings:
    +11
    He did not know about the SB.

11. AmishMafia

AmishMafia Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,862
    I'm sure he does. In heaven, I've got a feeling all TVs are tuned into the Packer game.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. HyponGrey

HyponGrey Caseus Locutus Est

Ratings:
    +1,030
    With Lombardi and White up there? I'd be watching the pick-up games