"Ted Thompson WILL get it done in Green Bay" says Holmgren

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Second, he has to also prove that he can evaluate coaching. Bringing in Schottenheimer hasn't been very wise, nor has bringing in Sanders as a defensive coordinator. I'm also not convinced anymore that McCarthy is the man either. I'll give Thompson one more year and then we had better see some signs that this team is on the right track.

Didnt Mm have full power on who he wanted to bring in? If so, that does not rest on Teds shoulders..

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Re: "Ted Thompson WILL get it done in Green Bay" says Holmgr

Didnt Mm have full power on who he wanted to bring in? If so, that does not rest on Teds shoulders..

That's correct, sir. The coach hires his staff. He also fires his staff.

Ted is in charge of players.
Mike is in charge of coachs.

I'm sure they both confur with eachother on both issues and take input seriously.

Ted has also said he will not bring in a player that Mike does not want. Take that anyway you want I suppose.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ted WILL get it done. some people just want it now. and those people are stupid if they believe its possible.

the only reason i side with TT ever, is because his decisions are solid and never detrimental to the team. they may not be headline busters but Ted knows we are more than a headline away from contenders. as do most intelligent people.

he WILL get it done.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score

ted WILL get it done. some people just want it now. and those people are stupid if they believe its possible.

the only reason i side with TT ever, is because his decisions are solid and never detrimental to the team. they may not be headline busters but Ted knows we are more than a headline away from contenders. as do most intelligent people.

he WILL get it done.

Well forking said sir! Well said.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score

he WILL get it done.

Nothing stupid for wanting to win now but other than that I agree with you. I like the Fact he wants to build through the Draft. I like how he takes his later round picks and makes them into several picks. I also like how he always is willing to leave cap room during the season.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Good point, its not bad to want to win now, but you have to factor in what you could be mortaging away in the future by trying to win it all ... now.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Good point, its not bad to want to win now, but you have to factor in what you could be mortaging away in the future by trying to win it all ... now.

Exactly and that's why I think letting Sharper, Wahle and Rivera go was the right move to fix the cap. Obviously I would of liked to keep Wahle but the cap needed to be fix.

If we would of kept them we would of had no way of signing Charles Woodson (imagine how bad this team would be without Woodson or Harris?) and we wouldn't be sitting with cap for the next few years to come. I'm pretty confident even if we keep all 3 the 2005 team doesn't make the playoffs due to mainly injuries.

I still believe this teams future is very bright and that Ted Thompson is capable of bringing in some quality talent. We also have a lot guys whom worked for some good team. Seattle and the past Green Bay teams.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ted Thompson is in charge of the football side of the operation. Mike may have put his staff together, but Ted has the ultimate control over it.

I think it's absoultely criminal what Ted did to Brett Favre these past two years, having him play behind those lines when he clearly had one of the best lines in the game. I also think it's criminal on both Sherman and Thompson's part that they haven't put together a better receving corps for Brett to throw to. You have one of the best quarterbacks to ever play this game and you ask him to play with that? That's awful!!!!!!!

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Ted Thompson is in charge of the football side of the operation. Mike may have put his staff together, but Ted has the ultimate control over it.

I think it's absoultely criminal what Ted did to Brett Favre these past two years, having him play behind those lines when he clearly had one of the best lines in the game. I also think it's criminal on both Sherman and Thompson's part that they haven't put together a better receving corps for Brett to throw to. You have one of the best quarterbacks to ever play this game and you ask him to play with that? That's awful!!!!!!!

Here..Here...Packed!

Couldn't have said it better myself!
I agree with this post 200%!!!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:

Here..Here...Packed!

Couldn't have said it better myself!
I agree with this post 200%!!!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

As much as I love DD and see a future in Jennings, I agree with the above in that Brett has not had near than enough weapons in this area. I will never understand why not more emphasis was placed on receivers !!!

slackerbacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The problem w/ ever thread on this topic is that few look at a time table. It took MH/TT quite awhile to put things together in Seattle....5 or 6 years if I'm not mistaken?

If it takes that long in GB, you're looking at replacing almost ever player of any current value. Driver, Franks, Clifton, Tausch, Favre, Henderson, Green, Woodson, Harris, Barnet & KGB almost assurdly will not be around. This just in, that means you have to find replacements for those folks too. Likewise, that doesn't take into account any career ending injuries that may take place. While a number of these players may not be what you'd like them to be, most are productive pros. A quick look at history should prove to you that these guys just don't grow on trees.

I'm hoping for the best, but I'm afraid GB has wasted the last several years by not putting enough weapons around Favre and this core group of vets.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts