1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Ted Thompson turning tricks....

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by millertime, Nov 4, 2007.

1. millertime

millertime Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    TT is pulling some funny business. That Vikings deal makes since. They sign big name FA every year but always seem to have more cap space then the Packers.

2. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    TT is a hooker?

3. brennan1884

brennan1884 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

:lol: no wonder he is always lookig so tired, hes up all night makin money in the streets

4. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I was intrigued by why Thompson would want an extra 4 million in cap space next year... I mean it isn't like he's a bad manager of the cap, so he'd have plenty of room next off-season. I think the cap allocation is set to rise yet again by a good 6-7 million (from 109 million to 116 million, but I'm not so sure).

He should be free of Manuel's cap charge, so that'd be a positive. I don't see Franks staying on the roster with a 4.5 million dollar cap charge, so that too should free some space up.

So I'm stumped by why we'd need an extra 4 million in cap space. Perhaps Ted is planning on doing a bit of Free Agency spending? That is a bit out there, but this team is in the rise with a set core that is improving, and a couple of pieces here and there (namely a good RB, nickel back) might set this team up for a serious Superbowl run.

There aren't a ton of core players to resign this year (Bigby, Lee come to mind, Williams may price himself out of town) so I wonder what called for 4 million being pushed into next year...

5. Yared-Yam

Yared-Yam Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    That is genius, and I'm sure TT isn't the only one

6. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, I mean this is no where near the level of what the Vikings did with Pat Williams.

7. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Exactly 100%

but NOW that the PACKERS are exploiting it, things will change. God forbid GB tries to keep up with the shadyness of the NFL.

8. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,483
    vikings did that for years...It came to light the year they signed pat williams I think...

Daunte Culpepper at the time had something like, played on X amount of special teams bonus

9. 4thand26

4thand26 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    If you aint cheat'n, you aint try'n.

10. jdlax

jdlax Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    What I fail to understand here is why "Ryan Krouse" and "4 million" are in the same sentence. I'm missing something I'm sure.

11. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Then Billichick is the KING of "try'n!"

12. de_real_deal

de_real_deal Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    No wonder he walkin funny