Ted Thompson tries to quiet Matt Flynn trade speculation

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Matt Flynn’s solid effort against the Patriots late last season has a lot of folks wondering if the Packers backup quarterback could be traded this offseason.* (If trades are allowed.) Packers G.M. Ted Thompson did his best Friday to slow down that speculation. “People are trying to get ahead of themselves, saying this is the…
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Will be interesting to see if this quiets all the discussion on Flynn being traded.
Somehow I doubt it since this board likes to speculate on anything and everything under the sun.
I mean, we win the SB and there are fans who still aren't satisfied and still thinks there need to be good players replaced.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Will be interesting to see if this quiets all the discussion on Flynn being traded.
Somehow I doubt it since this board likes to speculate on anything and everything under the sun.
I mean, we win the SB and there are fans who still aren't satisfied and still thinks there need to be good players replaced.

Ted doesnt tip his hand. So anything he says I dont put a ton of weigh into.

I think alot of fans feel like its just better to get something now than nothing at all later on.

GBPack2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why would we trade him? He's making adequate money as a backup at only $400,000 a year. A salary of $1 mil a year or less is more than enough to keep him. If Rodgers has an injury, Flynn would give us a decent chance to win the game.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why would we trade him? He's making adequate money as a backup at only $400,000 a year. A salary of $1 mil a year or less is more than enough to keep him. If Rodgers has an injury, Flynn would give us a decent chance to win the game.
Exactly.

Funny thing is that most of us saw the potential in Rodgers when he had to replace Brent during THAT Dallas game.

Why can't anyone see the same potential in Flynn?

Members online

Latest posts