1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Ted Thompson speaks on his thoughts about the draft.

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by all about da packers, Feb 27, 2007.

1. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I found this article to be quite an interesting read:

Interesting indeed.

It's nice to know that the staff is putting in its share of work to prepare for the draft. I also found it interesting that TT basically said he'll take the best player available, and think long term more than short-term.

2. slackerbacker

slackerbacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yang or Ying?? It also hints rather harshly that he appears more than willing to let Favre and many of the other core vets here play on w/out much help. Clearly new playmakers are needed to take a BIG step forward next year, but it's a step TT doesn't seem willing to take right now :rubeyes:

Really, how bright is the immediate future once Favre walks away??

3. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    slacker, I think TT, especially in the last paragraph, might be alluding to the possibility that the Packers problems are just a couple of playmakers away from being solved.

I think he is trying to say a couple of good players who can contribute something right away, but still need time to fully develop as players, is what he will target.

I do think TT is hoping there can be some playmaker that emerges from the roster last season, and I think he's hoping for Jennings to come back and play a full season like he did the first half of last season. That would give us two playmakers on O with Driver and Jennings, and if we can even get a good RB we'd improve no doubt.

4. kmac

kmac Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Despite the writer's lack of draft knowledge, this is a good article. Personally, I am hoping for some trade-ups.

5. pack_in_black

pack_in_black Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Why is it that Favre is the only hope this franchise has? TT has stated numerous times and ways that he's building around a core, not Lord Favre. The Pack will still be playing 4 years from now, and I'd like to hope we can be contenders then as well as now.

6. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,486
    Maybe slacker would like it if Ted trades away EVERY pick and sign F.A to replace the draft picks.. :thumbsup:

7. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think it's obvious that the Packers are trying to build a team that won't rely on the QB in the future. Green Bay has lived and died with Favre and Thompson appears to be building a team that'll win with Defense and running the ball. If Rodgers can be a great QB then that's even better. This is why I think Marshawn Lynch is the best fit for us at 16 because if we're to win that way in the future we'll need a future RB. I also believe Lynch is the best player at that point.

Really though anything a GM says to the public can't be taken to seriously right now with the Draft.

8. PackerLegend

PackerLegend Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0