Ted Thompson seems to be doing a pretty good job

Status
Not open for further replies.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think this thread got out of hand.
What the heck are we argueing about??? We are 8-1, the best in the NFC, and petty bickering has us looking like.......dare i say......BEARS FANS!?!?

cheesey

I am with you, finished with this thread. Let's enjoy being 8-1 my friend !!!!

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
What the heck are we argueing about??? We are 8-1, the best in the NFC, and petty bickering has us looking like.......dare i say......BEARS FANS!?!?

cheesey

I A-GREE Winni! I keep thinking of the domination last sunday, and it STILL makes me smile!!!

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WinnipegPackFan said:
cheesey said:

cheesey

I A-GREE Winni! I keep thinking of the domination last sunday, and it STILL makes me smile!!!

Yeah, that's making me smile right now cheesey :D Thanks !!!

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I say it is an open discussion forum and you should be able to speak about whatever you feel.

those who do not like a thread, just move on. But do not tell people what to post, or who to think.

Censorship sucks.

freedom of speech, but just watch what you say!!!

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I say it is an open discussion forum and you should be able to speak about whatever you feel.

those who do not like a thread, just move on. But do not tell people what to post, or who to think.

Censorship sucks.

freedom of speech, but just watch what you say!!!

Agree 110 % but I wont be debating. Enjoy !!!

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Cheesey.... I think you know R.P. Loves You.

But I must differ... Out of hand? I reckon this thread is the best thread I have read in a long time. It is good banter, both sides have good points, some have no point, and some had a point until they kept on typing and destroyed the point they were trying to make.

The point is, it is entertaining and a good read. It is generating more web hits, and that should make Ryan happy.

I have often posted something that was ment to get good conversation going here. This is the life blood of a forum.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DH.......no one is saying you can't say what you want. My only point is.........whats the point??? If everything is going well (which right now, it sure is) is it really worth a petty argument? My Dad taught me that some things are worth fighting over, and some things are just stupid to fight over. The real intellegence is knowing which is which, and then taking appropriate action.
Me, i stated how i felt, more times then i should have. So why, as the old saying goes, keep beating a dead horse? I have re-read this thread, and I'd say all sides have had their say, in several different ways. So why keep stating the same thing over and over, when the only thing it will accomplish is getting people ticked off at each other?
I guess if thats what they want, then please continue. I never will censor anyone.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
WinnipegPackFan said:
cheesey said:

cheesey

Yeah, that's making me smile right now cheesey :D Thanks !!!

I wouldn't count me out of this discussion (which I think is still staying out "lock-zone" so far),

but yes, 8-1 is the ****, if you'll pardon the expression. I freaking LOVE THIS TEAM!!!!!!

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:

Cheesey.... I think you know R.P. Loves You.

But I must differ... Out of hand? I reckon this thread is the best thread I have read in a long time. It is good banter, both sides have good points, some have no point, and some had a point until they kept on typing and destroyed the point they were trying to make.

The point is, it is entertaining and a good read. It is generating more web hits, and that should make Ryan happy.

I have often posted something that was ment to get good conversation going here. This is the life blood of a forum.
I enjoy a good discussion too....i think you know that. I see this as one that has the potential of getting people pissed off at each other, when we SHOULD be celebrating what our team has done so far.
I only mean that i don't think that this thread can have any more different comments then have been stated already. I'm just worried that it will end with a major "pissing contest" is all. Which what good will that do?
I like the people on this site, and don't want hurt feelings over different opinions. So if they want to end up going at each others throats, i was just trying to maybe make some step back and look and try to look at what good is going on with our team. BEFORE it gets all pissy......like we saw happen so much in the preseason.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
a troll who baits
I'm not sure........are you meaning me as a "troll?"
Anyway........i was just trying to keep the peace on here. Everything has been going SO good for the team, i hate to see us fans ready to "rumble" over petty stuff. Thats all.
Oh well...............guess i'll just "censor" myself and say the hell with it.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i hate to see us fans ready to "rumble" over petty stuff. Thats all.

I hear ya. God forbid someone makes a 'props to TT' type of thread. Then things start getting ugly, because giving TT any type of credit is unacceptable.

Or it's just 'not the time for it' because being 8-1 and winning 12 of the last 13 regular season games isn't a good enough time.

Yet if GB doesn't win the superbowl, there will be MANY threads saying "We woulda won it all if Thompson ________________" and that will definitely be the time. If the Team was 1-8, would this be the time to talk about TT's work? Yeah.

Yet we can't have ONE 'Props to TT' style thread in the middle of the season? Huh?

Some people on this forum make me sad to be a Packers fan.

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:

I hear ya. God forbid someone makes a 'props to TT' type of thread. Then things start getting ugly, because giving TT any type of credit is unacceptable.

Or it's just 'not the time for it' because being 8-1 and winning 12 of the last 13 regular season games isn't a good enough time.

Yet if GB doesn't win the superbowl, there will be MANY threads saying "We woulda won it all if Thompson ________________" and that will definitely be the time. If the Team was 1-8, would this be the time to talk about TT's work? Yeah.

Yet we can't have ONE 'Props to TT' style thread in the middle of the season? Huh?

No one is saying that you can't give props to Ted.

Ted..I"m givin' you your "propers"...ok?

Some people might have a problem with giving all or most of the props to Ted and MM, and not to "others involved"...that's all.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:

I LIKE TT. And i think he deserves credit. But i guess some don't, and i'm not going to fight over it. If they want to keep hating, so be it. I'm gonna stay out of it. It's not worth getting worked up over.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
cheesey said:

No one is saying that you can't give props to Ted.

Ted..I"m givin' you your "propers"...ok?

Some people might have a problem with giving all or most of the props to Ted and MM, and not to "others involved"...that's all.

let me guess, Favre, right? Cuz if there's one person who doesn't get enough credit or attention it's Brett Favre.

Sigh.

Done with this thread and the idiots who don't understand the point of this thread.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
a troll who baits = a guy from Canada, no wait, Illinois, no wait, Florida, no wait Wisconsin, who is really a Raider Fan, but comes to a Packer forum and starts an interesting thread like, the fans booing #4 & screaming for an unproven QB.

Get it now?

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I get a kick out of the people who say they are done with a thread, hurl a bunch of insults at people, and then post a half dozen more time in the thread!!!!

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
a troll who baits = a guy from Canada, no wait, Illinois, no wait, Florida, no wait Wisconsin, who is really a Raider Fan, but comes to a Packer forum and starts an interesting thread like, the fans booing #4 & screaming for an unproven QB.

Get it now?

I think I do.... so DH is the "Master" baiter? Posting a completely unprovokied attack on RP?

Nice, dude.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
what do you mean? That is what happened. End of story.

It would be the same as going to a civil rights forum and starting a thread how all guns should be banned!

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Get it now?

I have always said I enjoy everyone on this forum. It is a good forum.

However.... You Son, I am a little worried about.

Do you carry a copy of J.D. Salinger's "Catcher In The Rye." in your back pocket?

Trom. I am not sure how to set up a Stalker Count. A little help here..... In the name of John Lennon.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess I am just missing something here.

Doesn't Brett Favre execute Mike McCarthy's plan and does he not get the ball to players brought in here that is Ted Thompsons responsibility?

Who gives Brett Favre the freedom to call other plays at the line of scrimmage and who designates what options and what other plays he has to go with?

I think theres a hell of a lot more to do with being 8-1 than one guy or one guy being given the liberty to change the play at the line of scrimmage.

That concept just greatly diminishes way to many hours of work by way to many people for me to even consider.

Hell, in '05 Brett Favre could have changed every single play called at the line of scrimmage and that team is still 4-12. You can put a dress and shoes on a pig but in the end all you got is a good looking pig.

And Brett oinked right along with the rest of them. It wasn't all on him then and it's not now either.

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Warhawk..

Who "executes" the plays, or in other words, "makes the plays and plays the game"?

Is it McCarthy? TT?

Look at other teams who's QB's are not that great at "executing" the plays.

Should ours be diminished because a QB is a QB, or a player a player, in your view?

In '05, many people were putting it "all on Brett" as you say, but now, these same people are reluctant to give him the credit, as you say.

That's what seems to be bothering people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts