Ted Thompson press conference

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did anyone else see it? I just caught part of it but man was it awesome! There's nothing much more exiting than a Ted Thompson press conference. :jumpsmile: He really should be a motivational speaker. :rotflmao:

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Personally, i don't care how good a speaker he is. He gets paid to make good picks for the Packers, not for being a motivational speaker.
If he got everyone excited when he spoke, but made lousy picks, would that be better?
Yes, he could lull a caffiene crazed high on acid person into a coma.........but who cares???
As long as he shows up on draft day, i don't care HOW lousy a speaker he is.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey...Jerry Glanville was personable and exhuberant.....did it make him a better coach?

All the guy does is draft the **** out of the college kids and yet some worry about whether or not he would be fun having a beer with.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey...Jerry Glanville was personable and exhuberant.....did it make him a better coach?

All the guy does is draft the **** out of the college kids and yet some worry about whether or not he would be fun having a beer with.

Draft the **** out of college kids? Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.................speechless

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Be speechless then, pyle....some would argue it would be an upgrade!! (Humor, pyle...humor!!) He had arguably the best draft class in the NFL last year and a decent one the year prior. Year 3 should prove very interesting as well.

So, you don't like Hawk, Jennings, College/Spitz, Hodge, Collins, and the many lesser names that are still around for depth?

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
These press conferences are pretty predictable, no info other than what one would expect. The only line I thought at all interesting was his last one.

In reference to bringing Lynch in for a visit last week, he was asked what they hope to accomplish in those visits. He mentioned the obvious as to physical evaluations and talking to the player, and then he added "Sometimes we do it just to see what everyone says".

Could be a precursor to what might, or might not, happen this weekend. I think TT is comfortable with everyone thinking he's taking Lynch.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
haha digs.... did you really just ask Pyledriver if he liked something?

Thats like asking ****** if he was a fan of diversity.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was more speechless watching those days when we COULD'NT draft the **** out of college kids.

Speechless
Incredulous
Pissed off

all those things

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digsthepack said:

Draft the **** out of college kids? Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.................speechless
Sure!!!!
Don't you remember when he got "******" Davenport??? :rotflmao:

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
People, understandably, continue to pry answers out of TT regarding Moss. Especially the aspects of a trade. One thing most are forgetting is that the Raiders are in a severe cap pinch. They just cut Johnstone and Badger to free up a little space. But they STILL don't have the $9.5mil they need to pay Moss. Ergo, he MUST go. Now, the Pack would be very foolish to trade for him and assume his huge salary IF he's going to be cut anyway. Sure, if cut, he may get bids from other teams but how many of those have the cap space the Packers have? Then if the bidding goes too high, TT will just back out and let somebody else overpay. That's his way. Moss won't be cheap in any event but there IS a limit to his value and TT already knows it.

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Moss could also restructure his current contract, and he has said he is willing to do so. I know he said it in reference to being traded, but I bet it also pertains to Oakland if things work out there for him.

smlutz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Moss could also restructure his current contract, and he has said he is willing to do so. I know he said it in reference to being traded, but I bet it also pertains to Oakland if things work out there for him.

Moss wants out of Oakland and the last thing he would do is give up his leverage in this situation. He won't restructure his contract, he will hold out, and he will not be an Oakland Raider. What are your options here, cut him or trade him. TT is just playing the waiting game.

Members online

Latest posts