Ted Thompson > Packer fans

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, this is an angry thread(although when am I not angry?).

First of all I like how all you armchair coaches know more about football than pro scouts and NFL franchise GM's. I, like most of you, hadn't a clue who Justin Harrell was. Instead of erupting into anger at the Packers management I took a few minutes to research him. I come on PF.com to see what the consensus is and learn a bit more about our new player, but instead I see two threads calling for Thompson's firing.

MOVE TO PEACE

I saw one poster even go so far as to threaten to renounce his fandom of the Packers. It's bordering on absurdity and it's bringing me down. This is not Mike Sherman people. Did Ron Wolfe need to have every single move of his questioned by the multitudes? Of course not. Did Sherman? Yes.

We have moved past the Sherman years however. Ted Thompson did help build(2000-2004) the Seahawks perennial Superbowl teams along with Sir Holmgren. Perhaps all of GB land is still reeling from that 1 losing season we've had in the past 15 years. It was tough.

Ladies, Mike Sherman does not live in Packerland anymore. We have no disguised foe inciting civil war from inside Lambeau anymore. We now have a GM and a coach who are working together, using the draft with a plan instead of randomly picking things out of the fridge. TT grabs a fine china plate and pulls out a freshly cut ham still seaping at the pores with butter. Sherman would grab a paper plate and throw a 2 week old hotdog in the microwave. Sometimes you're satisfied, but most of the time you're left feeling disgust and "what did I just do?" feeling.

Now that our only enemies reside outside the walls of Lambeau we can all set our eyes on the one true evil. The Minnesota Vikings. Let's hate them instead.

And we'll start with Darren Sharper. Man I hate that guy.

gopackgo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You're forgeting the Bears

Bears fans are going to be sorely disappointed next season. After all that went on in their off-season fiasco, they are going to have some hard times. Greg Olsen? I don't think Olsen is going to make Grossman more accurate. The Bears will probably go through at least two more starting quarterbacks before Favre retires.

OP
OP
Y

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Bears fans are going to be sorely disappointed next season. After all that went on in their off-season fiasco, they are going to have some hard times. Greg Olsen? I don't think Olsen is going to make Grossman more accurate. The Bears will probably go through at least two more starting quarterbacks before Favre retires.

How about we just say the whole NFC North. And the Eagles. God do I hate the Eagles...

And the Cowboys.

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Hey, they signed Chris Leak

:beersign:

Reaction score
Er so wait, I'm confused.

If all our enemies reside outside the walls now, does that mean Kurt Schottenheimer is actually an ally?

Dear God, you mean he wasn't trying to suck as DB coach this whole time? :shock:

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yared-Yam said:
Ted Thompson did help build(2000-2004) the Seahawks perennial Superbowl teams along with Sir Holmgren.

They went to one Super Bowl. That's hardly perennial. The Patriots are a perennial Super Bowl team. The Seahawks tem built by TT was, to quote Ron Wolf, "a fart in the wind."

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
vikes rule...im going on the record as saying: we the packer fans are over Ryan Longwell. it goes to show how easily we replaced him when rayner came in and now that we have crosby, i really dont even remember who ryan longwell is now.

except that hes some kicker on some team we dont like.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like i have stated before...........many people on here didn't live through the 1970's and 80's. You want to talk about a team that sucked! The "newer" Packer fans have NO idea what adversity really is. They have been spoiled. The only way you can truely appreciate greatness is to go through lean times.
Yes.......I WANT the Packers to win ALL the time too. But it's not reality. There is only ONE Super Bowl champ every year. The rest are losers.
The Pack went 8-8 last year, when i think most people expected alot worse. Yet there are some on here that are ready to jump ship because of it. There were plenty of teams that finished worse then us last year. And there are many that have won less Super Bowls then our team.
I'm not saying you have to agree with every move the management makes, but you SHOULD still back them if you are really a fan of the team. I didn't care for alot of what Mike Sherman did, but i wasn't constantly calling for his head on a platter, or screaming that i was gonna quit being a fan of the Packers because he was the coach and GM.

You don't love the Packers because they are good, you love them because they are YOURS.

vegOmatic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I want meaningful commentary I tune in to E!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

OP
OP
Y

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
Er so wait, I'm confused.

If all our enemies reside outside the walls now, does that mean Kurt Schottenheimer is actually an ally?

Dear God, you mean he wasn't trying to suck as DB coach this whole time? :shock:

How dare you.

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yared-Yam said:
Ted Thompson did help build(2000-2004) the Seahawks perennial Superbowl teams along with Sir Holmgren.

They went to one Super Bowl. That's hardly perennial. The Patriots are a perennial Super Bowl team. The Seahawks tem built by TT was, to quote Ron Wolf, "a fart in the wind."

I wonder what happened after he left... I know they at least lost Hutch and a WR or two, or three.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TOPackerFan said:
Yared-Yam said:

I wonder what happened after he left... I know they at least lost Hutch and a WR or two, or three.

They made the Super bowl after he left.

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know, but we all understand the delay there is in GM work and the production of the team that's on the field.... right?

Wait, am I assuming too much?

My question was, who have they lost after TT left that could make their team a "fart in the wind". Hutch, Branch, Jackson, Robinson.. ?

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like i have stated before...........many people on here didn't live through the 1970's and 80's. You want to talk about a team that sucked! The "newer" Packer fans have NO idea what adversity really is. They have been spoiled. The only way you can truely appreciate greatness is to go through lean times.
Yes.......I WANT the Packers to win ALL the time too. But it's not reality. There is only ONE Super Bowl champ every year. The rest are losers.
The Pack went 8-8 last year, when i think most people expected alot worse. Yet there are some on here that are ready to jump ship because of it. There were plenty of teams that finished worse then us last year. And there are many that have won less Super Bowls then our team.
I'm not saying you have to agree with every move the management makes, but you SHOULD still back them if you are really a fan of the team. I didn't care for alot of what Mike Sherman did, but i wasn't constantly calling for his head on a platter, or screaming that i was gonna quit being a fan of the Packers because he was the coach and GM.

You don't love the Packers because they are good, you love them because they are YOURS.

PREACH

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know, but we all understand the delay there is in GM work and the production of the team that's on the field.... right?

Wait, am I assuming too much?

My question was, who have they lost after TT left that could make their team a "fart in the wind". Hutch, Branch, Jackson, Robinson.. ?

I don't know what happened. Maybe they took advantage of a weak NFC to get there in that one year. Maybe the Saints and the Bears got a lot better. Maybe it's just really hard to get to consecutive Super Bowls. I have no idea what happened. What I do know is that the Seahawks team put together by TT was not a perennial Super Bowl team. It was a perennial playoff team (but how hard is that - even Mike Sherman was able to put one of those together) just not a perennial Super Bowl team.

Members online

Latest posts