Ted Thompson one step ahead again... Al Harris placed on IR yesterday.

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm done doubting the guy when he makes roster moves. They almost always work out in the best interests of the team... His ability to not get caught up in the moment and make irrational decisions is what makes him a solid GM. Biggest example being not trading a crazy amount for Lynch. Looks like we didn't have to give up a thing and we have what looks like a promising back in Starks. What's Lynch done this season after going to Seattle... Nada.

Miami Dolphins place Al Harris on injured reserve – Miami Dolphins – Sun-Sentinel

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He gets blasted all the time. Would love to see him slam the media and critics.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bill Belichick and Ted Thompson are much the same. They make roster decisions that are controverial at the time and then take heat (Belichick less so ... he has built up credibility). A few examples ...

Belichick: trades away Richard Seymour to the Raiders for a #1 pick; trades Randy Moss to the Vikes for a #3
Thompson: trades away Favre, stands pat when Grant goes on IR, picks Andrew Quarless in the draft, does not select a OLB in the 2010 draft

And the results are speaking for themselves.

Thompson doesn't strike me as a guy who would say I told you so (even though he very easily could). He seems very humble to me. We are really lucky to have him in charge in GB. And, it's nice to see that more people are starting to get it.

Thompson should be treated like a rock star in GB.

Seymour is still a beast though. Even when he isnt slapping QBs.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh and I feel bad for Al. Really bad. I hope he just hangs it up at this point. He should be proud about his time in the league

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't worry, the critics will appear in the off-season when we don't trade our entire draft for some big name free agent.

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ted is making the right moves in my book. All the Favre fans can go **** themselves.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seymour is still a beast though. Even when he isnt slapping QBs.
Seymour is still a beast. He would've been of great help last year for them, and would be this year for their D that, despite the shellacking of the Jets, has lacked this year.

Also, he's directly responsable for Oakland not being the ******** they have been for the last decade.

All in all, Oakland didn't got the best deal, because it was a 1st rounder, but it was a fair trade.

Seymour is IMHO the best 3-4 DE of all time.

Members online

Latest posts