Ted Thompson Legacy Reaches Highest Stink Worse Than Mike Sherman

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is what this is. Even if it was 10 years or so of good and only 3 of bad, those 3 awful years of doing nothing but drafting stupid DBs and not upgrading the OL, and letting the best TE we had since Finley retired walk is just an utter abomination. Ridiculous and it's set us back several years.

Now, MM certainly had his role in this as well by being too loyal to Capers and Whitt, and replacing the bad Slocum with a complete buffoon in Zook. But man I can't believe how ridiculously ****ty Thompson's roster moves were in his last couple years.

Right now with Kizer, well ... I don't know, I won't go singing his praises but this roster is just so bad I don't know if it's truly fair to grade him out at this point, and he at least shows some measure of decisiveness I think a little better than Hundley.

Honestly though, I want Bulaga and Taylor booted out of here first for causing Rodgers's injuries including the concussion he had today, and then kick Cobb, Kendricks, Lewis and anyone else hogging up roster spots and have a 100℅ offense draft to replace them.

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are a couple of OG/OT guys to be had in the late 1st or 2nd that we need to get.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man and I thought Mike Sherman was so awful as a GM, what TT did in his last three years was worse than any of that old ****'s nonsense. Gute had better start getting this front office in order and kicking scouts butts fast because fans are getting sick of this utter atrociousness.

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is what this is. Even if it was 10 years or so of good and only 3 of bad, those 3 awful years of doing nothing but drafting stupid DBs and not upgrading the OL, and letting the best TE we had since Finley retired walk is just an utter abomination. Ridiculous and it's set us back several years.

Now, MM certainly had his role in this as well by being too loyal to Capers and Whitt, and replacing the bad Slocum with a complete buffoon in Zook. But man I can't believe how ridiculously ****ty Thompson's roster moves were in his last couple years.

Right now with Kizer, well ... I don't know, I won't go singing his praises but this roster is just so bad I don't know if it's truly fair to grade him out at this point, and he at least shows some measure of decisiveness I think a little better than Hundley.

Honestly though, I want Bulaga and Taylor booted out of here first for causing Rodgers's injuries including the concussion he had today, and then kick Cobb, Kendricks, Lewis and anyone else hogging up roster spots and have a 100℅ offense draft to replace them.
I wish I could rate this post "winner" infinity.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
This is really a 70’s and 80’s type football that was out there today, if possible equipment guy should have had a lot of ther lockers cleared out before they got back to their locker rooms, should take out a full front page add with and apology to all Packer fans, and resignation of entire coaching staff..

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the scouts will all be gone with the coaching staff....hopefully. time to clean house and a new festivus holiday will be reborn! a festivus for the rest of us! I'll get the pole outta the crawl space

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would at least let Kizer compete for the backup job going forward. We definitely should have an upgraded other QB drafted to push him, make no mistake about that.

Maybe I'm being too nice, but I like that he threw a good pass that Tonyan had no excuse for dropping on 4th down. The Graham disease is contagious I'll tell you. Also stood in the pocket got mauled but nearly got it to Cobb who put up a poor effort on that play. That's definitely better than that old stinko Hundley who would just hold the ball and turtle under every single time.

He may not be replacing Rodgers down the road, but I'm willing to see if he can improve his game as a backup.

Packfan123451

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So if we cut Bulaga, what’s the plan from there on the oline? To replace 3 of 5 Olinemen through draft and FA?

Less than a year after an ACL tear, Bulaga has had one of his better years as a pro. Both him and DB struggled at points but i place that blame on the revolving doors they had for guards...

I agree that Bulaga is getting older but i just cant justify cutting him. The focus needs to be placed on the OG’s,

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hate to disagree with you @PackerfaninCarolina . But let's look at the overall picture here. Look I get that this season has been an unmitigated disaster, but worse than the Sherman years? I respectfully disagree. For starters we got a SB title within this past decade so that in of itself is proof that it has been far more successful.

Next let's factor in that we've been making the playoffs consistently with the exception of these past two years and we've made it to 3 NFC Championship games. Granted we lost 2 of the three, but still that's far better than most teams in the NFC. Ted Thompson made some bone headed decisions in regards to sticking with his draft and develop, but let's not pretend that we didn't get some good players from under his time. Thompson's problem and I say the same with Mike is that the two refused to adapt as the time change. We've should've gotten rid of Capers years ago for starters, but they did bring us a title.

Let's face it you guys and this is a hard pill for us to swallow, but we need to accept this one fact. We've been spoiled. Plain and simple. Just about every year it was a forgone conclusion that we would win the division, and Rodgers was our magic bullet able to pull miracles left and right. And now we're in a transition stage. I still say next year we'll be in the hunt and can right the ship considering how close these games have been. It's not like there's anyone head and shoulders better than us right now.

What I will fault Ted and McCarthy for is the fact there over reliance on Rodgers in the later years have put The Packers far more in a bind as a result, when Rodgers went down last year we saw that this team is far worse than anticipated. That is what I fault them for. There have been plenty of times where we should've been more aggressive in FA and keeping some players but we were so stuck with the process. Now that Chicago and Minnesota have closed the gap on us, we're now in a bind, that may take a few years to fix and the problem is we have a transcendent QB who's talent we've wasted b/c we were too arrogant and not aggressive when we should.

We're in a rough patch right now, but still this IS fixable. I understand this losing season sucks, but again let's face it: We've been spoiled you guys. I can think of plenty of other teams that would LOVE our problems right now. Let's focus on what where we can go from here. We'll be back next year! Book it! Keep your head up Packer Nation!

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hate to disagree with you @PackerfaninCarolina . But let's look at the overall picture here. Look I get that this season has been an unmitigated disaster, but worse than the Sherman years? I respectfully disagree. For starters we got a SB title within this past decade so that in of itself is proof that it has been far more successful.

Next let's factor in that we've been making the playoffs consistently with the exception of these past two years and we've made it to 3 NFC Championship games. Granted we lost 2 of the three, but still that's far better than most teams in the NFC. Ted Thompson made some bone headed decisions in regards to sticking with his draft and develop, but let's not pretend that we didn't get some good players from under his time. Thompson's problem and I say the same with Mike is that the two refused to adapt as the time change. We've should've gotten rid of Capers years ago for starters, but they did bring us a title.

Let's face it you guys and this is a hard pill for us to swallow, but we need to accept this one fact. We've been spoiled. Plain and simple. Just about every year it was a forgone conclusion that we would win the division, and Rodgers was our magic bullet able to pull miracles left and right. And now we're in a transition stage. I still say next year we'll be in the hunt and can right the ship considering how close these games have been. It's not like there's anyone head and shoulders better than us right now.

What I will fault Ted and McCarthy for is the fact there over reliance on Rodgers in the later years have put The Packers far more in a bind as a result, when Rodgers went down last year we saw that this team is far worse than anticipated. That is what I fault them for. There have been plenty of times where we should've been more aggressive in FA and keeping some players but we were so stuck with the process. Now that Chicago and Minnesota have closed the gap on us, we're now in a bind, that may take a few years to fix and the problem is we have a transcendent QB who's talent we've wasted b/c we were too arrogant and not aggressive when we should.

We're in a rough patch right now, but still this IS fixable. I understand this losing season sucks, but again let's face it: We've been spoiled you guys. I can think of plenty of other teams that would LOVE our problems right now. Let's focus on what where we can go from here. We'll be back next year! Book it! Keep your head up Packer Nation!
Are you kidding me with this? Not only have Chicago and Minnesota closed the gap on us, they've passed us by and are threatening to put us a lap down. And there are several more teams in the NFC that are head and shoulders better than us. There are so many holes on this team it almost seems impossible to have this fixed in three years. How can you possibly say this team is far worse than anticipated? I thought it was common knowledge to everyone that an elite Rodgers was the difference between a double digit win team and 4-12. It was proven in 2013 when he went down the first time and it was proven true last season and this season with a far less than elite Rodgers. You need to stop looking at this team through rose colored glasses and be honest with yourself. You'll feel alot better.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are you kidding me with this? Not only have Chicago and Minnesota closed the gap on us, they've passed us by and are threatening to put us a lap down. And there are several more teams in the NFC that are head and shoulders better than us. There are so many holes on this team it almost seems impossible to have this fixed in three years. How can you possibly say this team is far worse than anticipated? I thought it was common knowledge to everyone that an elite Rodgers was the difference between a double digit win team and 4-12. It was proven in 2013 when he went down the first time and it was proven true last season and this season with a far less than elite Rodgers. You need to stop looking at this team through rose colored glasses and be honest with yourself. You'll feel alot better.
First off, The Vikings and Bears barely beat us, so while they closed the gap, they aren't head and shoulders better than us, and considering we split with Chicago, and SHOULD'VE beaten Minnesota the first time that's also something to take into consideration. Let's not also forget that the game in Chicago was ours for the taking but Rodgers played sloppy. As for most of our defeats this past season has been. There hasn't been one game where we haven't been in it. So I don't see the need to panic. Am I CONCERNED? Absolutely. But do I see the need to panic? Absolutely not. There are holes and they do need to be fix, but again considering how we've played and were well in all the games we've played it's plausible to think that we'll still be in for the running for the division next year. Keep in mind Rodgers wasn't healthy in the beginning and another year will help in regards to chemistry with the receivers, in which there has been some who have shown promise.

Simply b/c I see things differently than you doesn't make me any wrong than you, nor does it make me ignorant as you're implying. I've seen the games just as you, and yes we have work to do, but again this is FIXABLE. We could be Buffalo, Jacksonville, Arizona, just to name a few. Certainly losing our heads isn't gonna make the situation better. Again this shows how spoiled we've been. Nevertheless we'll see how well next year goes. I say we'll be back in the hunt. Don't agree with me? Fine. Only time will tell.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Not only have Chicago and Minnesota closed the gap on us, they've passed us by and are threatening to put us a lap down. And there are several more teams in the NFC that are head and shoulders better than us.
Let me know when any of these teams make the playoffs after 7 of their 11 week one defensive starters are not available by week 14 or so. Plus missing two of their top 3 wideouts half the season plus their starting tailback and RT for a chunk. Packers have no defensive depth because they were all starting by the end of the season.

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let me know when any of these teams make the playoffs after 7 of their 11 week one defensive starters are not available by week 14 or so. Plus missing two of their top 3 wideouts half the season plus their starting tailback and RT for a chunk. Packers have no defensive depth because they were all starting by the end of the season.
I seem to remember us winning a Super Bowl with more injuries than this. I'm not even talking about the depth. This team just isn't very talented regardless of depth. Name one position other than quarterback that we have a decided advantage over the Bears and Vikings, and even the gap at the quarterback position has closed some.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score

People keep bringing up injuries as an excuse for losing and I am not buying it this year. Besides Rodgers knee injury, the Packers were just fine on the injury front until well after they were pretty much out of the playoffs. Up until that point, when guys started going down, they looked like an average to below average team with a pretty healthy roster.

Reaction score
I never like my Pack to lose. But there is a silver lining. Looks like we just moved up into the top 10 in each round. We pick 11th worse case. Looks like Denver is losing but even so, If the Bengals win we pick 10Th overall.
We need Denver or Cincinnati to pull off an upset.

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Hard to tell when every other drive has a different player package because someone got injured.
I think the question pertained to the Packer starters VS the starters for the Bears and Vikings teams, not the guys you saw playing today, although they mostly sucked. We saw enough of the starters to have those answers in the previous 16 weeks of the season.

Today's game may not be a great barometer of the state of the Packers, but combine it with the last 15 and I think its a good indicator of just how much work this team has ahead of them to get back to the top.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I never like my Pack to lose. But there is a silver lining. Looks like we just moved up into the top 10 in each round

Nope, we are currently sitting at #12 at the worst and if the Bengals and Broncos win, we make it to #10. A loss be one of them, moves us up to #11.

ARPackFan

Knock it off with them negative waves
Reaction score
PackerfaninCarolina,

I take it you will not be attending the Ted Thompson induction into the Packer HOF?

Dieseljunkie12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man and I thought Mike Sherman was so awful as a GM, what TT did in his last three years was worse than any of that old ****'s nonsense. Gute had better start getting this front office in order and kicking scouts butts fast because fans are getting sick of this utter atrociousness.

Are they though? That's what is not helping anything 400 something straight sell our games.

Members online

Latest posts