Ted Thompson has a plan to get Brett another ring...

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
... by releasing him to sign with da bears. :roll:

Only kidding, but with Ted's FA action in 2006 rivaling his FA action in 2005 I could not help but pass on this comment a friend made early this morning.

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm no defender of Tightwad Ted Thompson. An 'insider' on another board said the man has the first nickle he ever earned. That said, I'm dropping in a link to ESPN which Mike Florio at ProFootballTalk provided. It gives a very clear indication that what most teams are doing(including the Packers) is waiting until the big money wads are shot early, then start negotiating more reasonable contracts.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/fa?&acti ... 2fnfl%2ffa

If you look, there's many, many players still available, and not dogmeat either.

I think Ted is still loading up for the draft and don't expect him to spend large sums.

Kampman 's contract hasn't been released yet, but when it's out, I think you will see it will be among the top 10 DE contracts in the league.

He's also resigned Green, and Manuel got a nice contract for a reserve.

I'm still convinced he will use a good chunk of the money available via the salary cap to unload players he doesn't want...like Mark Roman and Robert Ferguson.

We just have to remember some of the players signed via free agency during the past few years to recall that free agency isn't the great pot of gold at the end of the rainbow that everyone thinks it is. Just because a player worked out in one system doesn't mean he will in another.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey Bruce,,, so we are all getting sarcastic here I like it from you man I really do !!!

or maybe he will get him an ea ring????

I dont know but I am beggining to worry about TT...

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bruce said:

Only kidding, but with Ted's FA action in 2006 rivaling his FA action in 2005 I could not help but pass on this comment a friend made early this morning.

I just wish he'd have taken a shot at Steve Hutchinson... that's all i asked...

I think he's holdin' off a bit too much... even if the guy is a Franchise tag.
For goin' after just one guy - an anchor next to Chad Clifton... I say "Why not"...(?)

He'll still have most of the dough left over..... I guess it's too late now, tho'

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
net said:
I'm no defender of Tightwad Ted Thompson. An 'insider' on another board said the man has the first nickle he ever earned. That said, I'm dropping in a link to ESPN which Mike Florio at ProFootballTalk provided. It gives a very clear indication that what most teams are doing(including the Packers) is waiting until the big money wads are shot early, then start negotiating more reasonable contracts.

If you look, there's many, many players still available, and not dogmeat either.

See, that makes sense. So naturally, everyone on this forum is against it. Bunch of.....sillies here.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
net said:

He's also resigned Green, and Manuel got a nice contract for a reserve.

I'm still convinced he will use a good chunk of the money available via the salary cap to unload players he doesn't want...like Mark Roman and Robert Ferguson.

Before we unload Ferguson we better sign someone, not counting Ferguson and J-Walk we have, Murphy and Driver under contract for next year

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup.....and Murphy might never play again.
There's alot of time before the season starts.........i'll wait till then to grade how TT does.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bruce said:

I didn't know FA in 06 was over. Boy where does the time go? :wink:

OP
OP
B

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
Bruce said:

Who said it was over? I am simply saying that signing a backup safety with 0 interceptions and only 5 passes defended so far as outside free agents, seems to be right in line with last years ineptitude in FA

I am hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bruce said:
porky88 said:
Bruce said:

Who said it was over? I am simply saying that signing a backup safety with 0 interceptions and only 5 passes defended so far as outside free agents, seems to be right in line with last years ineptitude in FA

Bruce - are we done with the injury bug at Lambeau?

OP
OP
B

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
Bruce said:
porky88 said:
Bruce said:

Bruce - are we done with the injury bug at Lambeau?

God, I hope so!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts