Ted Thompson dreamed of being GM of the Packers as a kid

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Excellent article. Growing up in "Bugtussle" myself, although his hometown is a metropolis compared to my hometown, I can relate -- well, except for the no drinking or smoking part ... and maybe meeting up with the Baptist Group ... but beside that, I can relate. Oh... and the "dry county" thing...why...that's just un-American.

Sheesh, thinking back, we used to play some pretty bloody basketball games with the parish priest and an auxiliary Bishop from the Green Bay diocese, who complained that I was always planting elbows in him. I'd tell him I'd stop if he stopped crashing the lane. Talked with the priest a few years back, he brought up those bloody games and said, "Damn, you had boney elbows as a kid..." Again, small town stuff.

"Ted Thompson: I don't know that my family is different than anybody else's family. If you could gather all the chicks up and put them in one place, that would be easier for me to see my nephew and things like that. I think that would probably be preferable. ...

It's not so much the place, it's the people. It's your family and your friends, all the people that you've talked to. You grow up with them, and so what if I haven't seen them in 35 or 40 years. They're still the same people, you know? I think small towns foster that sort of attitude."

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe that the most important take away from that article was our new (old) nickname for Ted:

Barron Christensen:
His nickname in high school, we used to call him Ted the Toe. He kicked extra points and field goals for us.

H

HardRightEdge

OTAs and the minicamp are not exactly a cause for excitement, with 12 days of classroom work and running around in underwear and helmets. Little meaningful information is likely to emerge. Thompson is fond of workout bonuses in his contracts just to get vets to show up for the optional work.

The primary point of interest will be Nelson's and Montgomery's injury status. Regardless of what is or is not reported, you're not going to get a clear idea of where they stand until the preseason games.

Otherwise, there might be some bottom-of-the-roster churn with the UDFA/practice squad candidates, but nothing more dramatic than we've seen with about a 1/2 dozen turnover since the initial UDFA signings which has generated nearly zero interest to date, which is somewhat understandable.

We will get the annual encouraging words from McCarthy about the "process" being on schedule.

Maybe Barclay gets cut, but I doubt it. That probably won't happen until at least the first preseason cut down, and might not happen at all if the rookies don't prove up.

If somebody blows a knee in these non-contact drills, please wake me up.

D

Deleted member 6794

The primary point of interest will be Nelson's and Montgomery's injury status. Regardless of what is or is not reported, you're not going to get a clear idea of where they stand until the preseason games.

I´m interested in Barrington´s status as well.

Members online

Latest posts