Ted Thompson action figure

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://www.packersnews.com/includes/newspaper/blogs/outofbounds/index.shtml

Tom Ruesink, a Packers fan from Minneapolis, dropped us a note the other day about another of his passions.

He's into electric football. You may not be familiar with electric football unless you're older than dirt, like we are. You take small football figurines, put them on a metal field that vibrates and watch them go.

Tom customizes his electric football players. His latest batch is a Southern Methodist all-star team, done up in SMU's classic Pony Express uniforms. There's even one of Ted Thompson, the Packers' general manager, from his SMU days.

"If you thought Ted Thompson didn’t talk much, the electric football Ted Thompson doesn’t talk at all," Ruesink says.

Ruesink, who runs a travel consulting company, adds this in the contact information on his Web site: "Call us anytime (except during a Green Bay Packer game)."

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

-- Jeff Ash, [email protected]

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"If you thought Ted Thompson didn’t talk much, the electric football Ted Thompson doesn’t talk at all," Ruesink says.

"Talking just gets in the way of my ***-kicking. Plus, Greg Jennings has 'jinx' on me right now, and damned if I can find a Coke machine anywhere."
-Ted Thompson

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I heard they were gonna make a Ted Thompson "Action Figure"..........but they couldn't figure out how to make it "move" until free agency was over! :lol: :wink: :lol:

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I heard they were gonna make a Ted Thompson "Action Figure"..........but they couldn't figure out how to make it "move" until free agency was over! :lol: :wink: :lol:

nice. i heard story about the reason that action figure never got made. apparently Thompson would never pull the trigger on the deal, because they kept trying to offer him money, and Thompson was quoted as saying that he would accept nothing less than a 2nd and 4th round draft pick.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As you all know (i posted it) I took a picture of Ted Thompson smiling at Fan Fest.
Turns out it was just gas!!! :lol:

djcubez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hahah funny jokes guys. I'm gonna have to remember to put that line next to my phone number in the future because I don't answer my phone ever during a pack game.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:

"Talking just gets in the way of my ***-kicking. Plus, Greg Jennings has 'jinx' on me right now, and damned if I can find a Coke machine anywhere."
-Ted Thompson

Funniest post nominee right there.. :pop:

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ted Thompson was the first pick to play "Data" on "Star Trek, the next Generation"..........but the producers thought he was TOO unemotional to be an android. :wink:

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ted Thompson was the first pick to play "Data" on "Star Trek, the next Generation"..........but the producers thought he was TOO unemotional to be an android. :wink:

When Leonard Nimoy asked Gene Roddenberry who he should model a Vulcan off, Roddenberry said "just act like Ted Thompson."

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:

When Leonard Nimoy asked Gene Roddenberry who he should model a Vulcan off, Roddenberry said "just act like Ted Thompson."
"But with less emotion." :lol:

Members online

Latest posts