Tecmo Super Bowl Packers

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
has anyone won a Super Bowl with GB on the classic Tecmo game?

The NES version had Majikowski

SNES had Brett, and Reggie White, and many other faces like Earl Bennett

I am playing a season trying to see if I can do it.

Last season I went 11-5 and lost the divisional round to the 49ers by 3 in OT after blowing a kick off return and deep pass

GWheels

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I remember playing it back in college with my buddy all the time. It must have been the SNES (1993 or 1994). I remember you could make Reggie White dive towards the QB right on the snap. You could get a sack almost every time. He played the Steelers and I played the Packers through a season and we met in the Super Bowl. I beat him 6-3. Three field goals is all we could score because of the defenses.

Tecmo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've went undefeated with them a few times. It gets hard at points. Playing the Bears is a pain because the programmers made Neal Anderson unstoppable.

All you really needed to do was air it out to Sharpe every play if you could. If Majik or Sharpe went down though it got real tough. On defense you could dominate all day because they gave Bob Nelson the ratings of a god.

OP
OP
Bogart

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I'm playing on the SNES version and yeah Reggie is a monster! I love to pass rush with him.

So far my biggest trouble is the Bears, and the Lions can be a pain too if you let Barry run all over the place.

I can run the ball really well with other teams like the Niners but I have a really hard time running the ball with the Pack on this game

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Does anybody know if you can play these chips online anywhere?

Jebsta16

Cheesehead
Reaction score
favorite game of all time. I think I have won a super bowl with just about every team in the game except the Vikings. Not even then I could bring myself to play with them. My favorite teams in the game were the Niners, Eagles, Chiefs, Saints, Raiders and Bengals. David Fulcher was a beast on the bengals along with Brooks and Woods. I liked the Packers but they just flat out sucked lol. I actually used the Cowboys quite a bit because of Lockheart.

Members online

Latest posts