Tebow

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only debate worth having about Arod last season is if he had the greatest season in QB history.

Its the lions fans you should be debating with. Stafford and Eli, now thats a decent debate.

If the post season was all that mattered then that would mean Rodgers regressed in 2011. Yeah complete fail on that argument.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"It's so impressive when you watch a team that can string together that many victories," Brady said of Rodgers, who hasn't experienced a loss since Dec. 12, 2010. "It really tells you what the character and makeup of the players on that team are. Getting off to the start they've gotten off to, and the way Aaron's playing … I mean, it's impossible to play the position any better than he's playing it right now."

Warner agreed: "Wow — high praise from Tom Brady, who, I believe, had the best season of any quarterback in history a few years ago with 50 touchdowns and [the Patriots] went 16-0. If you look at Aaron Rodgers, and you project out what he's done at this point, I will say that if he stays anywhere close to where he is right now, it is the best quarterback season ever. You look at yards? He's going to have more yards than Brady [in 2007]. Completion percentage? He's going to set a record there. Touchdowns, he'll be a bit below, but in interceptions, he'll probably be the best ever. You've got to project it out, and he's got five games left, but I've never seen anyone play the quarterback position this consistently.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/sh...season-could-be-the-best-ever?urn=nfl,wp13098

mikeymidnight

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just google Eli Manning is better than Aaron Rodgers and you will get some links. Gary Myers is the 4th one.

Not using stats to bolster my argument. Just using them because you claimed there is not one statistical category that Eli Manning is better than Aaron Rodgers. There were more but that is the.main one that counted.

If Aaron Rodgers had the greatest season for a QB like many of you claim he had, why couldn't he win a playoff game in his own house? It coudlnt be the "weak NY Giants defense" you guys rail about.

Don't get me wrong, I think Aaron Rodgers is poetry in motion, I just bELIeve that Eli Manning is better. You guys do too. You just don't want to admit it.

Aaron Rodgers can count statistical acolades all he wants. Eli Manning will continue to collect Vince Lombardi Trophies. You know who Vince Lombardi is right? The SuperBowl Trophy is named after him because of his work as an assistant woth NY Giants.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
That is awesome that Aaron Rodgers recieved a vote, lol.........

I am not saying that Aaron Rodgers and Drew Breed are not great, they obviously are. I just think that Eli Manning is better. I also think that it will become clear as his career progresses.

Whose career progresses? You mean Eli? Well also realize Eli is 3 years older then Aaron Rodgers too. I think many forget how young Aaron still is.

WTF is going on here? I just read this thread for the first time in a while and it's some Eli/Aaron debate after being about Tebow.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Eli Manning is the Robert Horry of football.

Career defining clutch moments? check. Avg regular season? check. Superior talent around them that they ride the coat tails of? check.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I would agree that Pgag is better than Sbag and Tebow combined.
But in 3 years, Pgag will be done.

I'd rather have Abag, as we do.

I saw some recent photos of Manning working out with the Broncos today and IMO his arms have gotten skinnier and he is grimacing when throwing.
http://photos.denverpost.com/mediac...m_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter#name here

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Manning compared to older pictures to me looks thinner and frailer. Maybe he can bulk up but I still do not have the best feeling about him.

mikeymidnight

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Timmy Tebow is a great man and although I despise vile Gang Green, I am proud that Timmy Tebow is in NYC.
That being stars and put aside, how long can we actually talk about him as a QB.

Aaron Rodgers is younger that Eli Manning and has the potential to be one of the best ever. However, I think Eli Manning is just getting started and just watch as the.next chapters of the Book of Eli are written. When all is said and done there is not even going to be a debate because Eli Manning will leave a much bigger mark on NFL than Aaron Rodgers.

I bELIeve.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just google Eli Manning is better than Aaron Rodgers and you will get some links. Gary Myers is the 4th one.

Not using stats to bolster my argument. Just using them because you claimed there is not one statistical category that Eli Manning is better than Aaron Rodgers. There were more but that is the.main one that counted.

If Aaron Rodgers had the greatest season for a QB like many of you claim he had, why couldn't he win a playoff game in his own house? It coudlnt be the "weak NY Giants defense" you guys rail about.

Don't get me wrong, I think Aaron Rodgers is poetry in motion, I just bELIeve that Eli Manning is better. You guys do too. You just don't want to admit it.

Aaron Rodgers can count statistical acolades all he wants. Eli Manning will continue to collect Vince Lombardi Trophies. You know who Vince Lombardi is right? The SuperBowl Trophy is named after him because of his work as an assistant woth NY Giants.

you have no argument. Its so sad. At least most that troll have some sort of argument. You have nothing.

Why do you keep talking about how weak your defense is? its weird you keep making all these things up. You keep saying crazy things like this and the Favre is the best in 07 thing. Yet I dont know anyone who is saying those things. Go check your meds.

You wanna talk home playoff wins? Eli has 1 since he got drafted.

mikeymidnight

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Superior talent around him? Eli Manning has one of the worst offensive lines in the league with running backs that chronically under achieve. Eli Manning has a revolving door of wide recievers every year and he gets so.much out of them. Just look at what his recievers do when they leave NY Giants.

Eli Manning has held NY Giants together since he has been there and he is just getting started.

Bask in the Glory of Eli Manning. Aaron Rodgers is a mere afterthought.

mikeymidnight

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Eli Manning has one home playoff win since he got drafted but he 50% of playoff wins at Lambeau Field by oppossing QBs.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Superior talent around him? Eli Manning has one of the worst offensive lines in the league with running backs that chronically under achieve. Eli Manning has a revolving door of wide recievers every year and he gets so.much out of them. Just look at what his recievers do when they leave NY Giants.

Eli Manning has held NY Giants together since he has been there and he is just getting started.

Bask in the Glory of Eli Manning. Aaron Rodgers is a mere afterthought.

I hope its obvious why eli is left out of the elite QB convo. He just isnt that good.

Arod = reigning MVP.

Eli will never win an MVP.

Eli will never win another title.

Eli struggles to make the playoffs.

Eli will never be as good as Peyton.

mikeymidnight

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers will never beat Eli Manning in playoffs.

Aaron Rodgers will never win as SuperBowls as Eli Manning.

Aaron Rodgers will never win as many SuperBowl MVPs as Eli Manning.

Aaron Rodgers will always make excuses and whine like he did as a guest announcer on SuperBowl Sunday about.losing to NY Giants in pkayoffs.

Aaron Rodgers will never be as good as Eli Manning.

Eli Manning is a two time SuperBowl MVP and he is just getting started.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Was Eli Manning better than Aaron Rodgers was last year?
Yes he was. He took his team to SuperBowl XLVI and won.
He carried NY Giants offense on his back.

during season Rodgers was the best q.b

YOuR logic means that Trent was clearly the better q.b in entire season when Ravens won the SB in 2000...Even tho Trent was ranked as the top 30 q.b 12 tds and 11 int

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why argue about Rodgers & Eli?
Why do it in Tebow's thread?

Over the past 7 seasons, Eli has more playoff wins in Lambeau than Rodgers + Favre combined do.
He has twice as many Super Bowls as Rodgers does.

Rodgers has far better regular season statistics.

Eli was part of the 2004 draft class.
Rodgers part of the 2005 draft class.

There's nothing else here folks, and this is Tebow's thread anyway.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When did I say I was gonna name someone?

If you really need names them just ask the defensive starters for Green Bay Packers.

Did your group home forget to give you your meds yesterday?

Marty Flynn... Using "leadership" as a measurable (How do you measure leadership?)... Using your own opinion as fact and a basis for your arguement... Hyping David Carr

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers will never beat Eli Manning in playoffs.

Aaron Rodgers will never win as SuperBowls as Eli Manning.

Aaron Rodgers will never win as many SuperBowl MVPs as Eli Manning.

Aaron Rodgers will always make excuses and whine like he did as a guest announcer on SuperBowl Sunday about.losing to NY Giants in pkayoffs.

Aaron Rodgers will never be as good as Eli Manning.

Eli Manning is a two time SuperBowl MVP and he is just getting started.

So does it bother you that by your reasoning Tom Brady is better than Eli?

mikeymidnight

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tom Brady is the best QB in NFL. It doesn't bother me at all.

Does it bother you that Eli Manning is a better QB than Aaron Rodgers?

BOB KAMINSKI

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TEBOW COULD HAVE BEEN USED AS A PAUL HORNUNG STYLE BALL PLAYER and NOT PLAY THE QUARTERBACK POSITION. TEBOW IS A VERY GOOD RUNNER and COULD BE GREAT ON THE PASS,RUN OPTION PLAY INSERTED INTO THE PACKERS PASSING GAME THEORY. HE COULD HAVE BEEN VERY EXPLOSIVE IN THE PACKERS ALREADY GREAT OFFENSE SYSTEM. HE WOULD ALSO BE GREAT TRADE BAIT FOR TEAMS IN NEED.
A COACH LOMBARDI FAN

Members online

Latest posts