Tebow

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You claim "Phil Simms earned his two SuperBowl rings as much as Eli Manning did" is indicative of how flawed your logic is considering that Phil Simms didn't even play in two SuperBowls.

You can quote passer rating all you want. You can quote stats all you want. The bottom line is that when push came to shove in your house on the postseason, Eli Manning out performed Aaron Rodgers by a landslide and Aaron Rodgers was throwing against a NY Giants defense that you folks claim was abysmal. Eli Manning also outplayed your other "best QB in the league" in the NFC Championship game back in 2007.

There is not a GM or HC in NFL that would choose Aaron Rodgers or Drew Breed to start over Eli Manning.

Ben Rothlisberger is a very good QB but is not nearly as good as Eli Manning. Pittsburgh Steelers won SuperBowl XL in spite of Ben Rothlisberger not because of him.
Phil Simms was never the best player on his team just like Eli isn't the best player on his team. They both have 2 rings bc they were on the roster.

Every single GM and HC in the league would take Rodgers over Eli. I bet the giants would give us a 1st round pick and their entire d line to get Arod.

Please, find me a national writer that agrees with you. Bc I have 48 that side with me.

I thought the debate was Eli manning and Matt stafford for who deserves to be the 3rd NFC pro bowl QB? LMAO

Favre the best in 07?!? Clearly that was Tom Brady, but since your logic is so screwed I'm not surprised you would say that.

mikeymidnight

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Was Eli Manning better than Aaron Rodgers was last year?
Yes he was. He took his team to SuperBowl XLVI and won.
He carried NY Giants offense on his back.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Per MikeyMidnight's logic, Trent Dilfer was the best quarterback the year he won Super Bowl 35... Brad Johnson was the best quarterback the year he won Super Bowl 37... ect...

As long as you win the Super Bowl, you're the best quarterback in the league.

mikeymidnight

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green Bay Packers fans were claiming all over the place that Brett Favre was the best QB not me. That's why I put it in quotes.

Who cares about the pro bowl? I don't even watch the game.

You are delusional if you think we would give you JPP for Aaron Rodgers let alone our entire d-line. We already have a great QB and heck even out backup was an overall #1 draft pick, we don't need another QB.

By the way, A-Rod plays on NY Yankees. You need to think of a new name.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That is awesome that Aaron Rodgers recieved a vote, lol.........

I am not saying that Aaron Rodgers and Drew Breed are not great, they obviously are. I just think that Eli Manning is better. I also think that it will become clear as his career progresses.

Seriously you need to take off your homer glasses and reevaluate how you judge greatness.

Here are 6 facts on why Rodgers is better hands down.

1. completion %, in his worst season Rodgers completed 63.6 % of his passes. Eli has never even touched Rodgers worst season when it comes to this.

2. Winning streak, Rodgers the MVP dominated for the second longest winning streak in NFL history. They won because of him, not in spite of him.

3. Rushing, Arod has started for 4 seasons, and Eli has for 7 years. In that time Rodgers has 4x as many rushing TDs.

4. YPA, Rodgers gets the ball down the field better. In comparison to every season that Rodgers has started he has had a better YPA.

5. MVP. It stands for Most Valuable Player in the NFL. Its not a single game award, its not a month award (though ARod had a few of those as well) its about a whole body of work. Arod won. Hands down. No one even mentioned eli.

6. Head to head, Rodgers has outplayed Eli 2 of the 3 times they have met.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green Bay Packers fans were claiming all over the place that Brett Favre was the best QB not me. That's why I put it in quotes.

Who cares about the pro bowl? I don't even watch the game.

You are delusional if you think we would give you JPP for Aaron Rodgers let alone our entire d-line. We already have a great QB and heck even out backup was an overall #1 draft pick, we don't need another QB.

By the way, A-Rod plays on NY Yankees. You need to think of a new name.

....did you just brag about David Carr? HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

EPIC FAIL

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score

What the hell are you talking about? Who is trading Rodgers for JPP?

I think you need to put the tinfoil hat back on to stop the voices.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seriously you need to take off your homer glasses and reevaluate how you judge greatness.

Here are 6 facts on why Rodgers is better hands down.

1. completion %, in his worst season Rodgers completed 63.6 % of his passes. Eli has never even touched Rodgers worst season when it comes to this.

2. Winning streak, Rodgers the MVP dominated for the second longest winning streak in NFL history. They won because of him, not in spite of him.

3. Rushing, Arod has started for 4 seasons, and Eli has for 7 years. In that time Rodgers has 4x as many rushing TDs.

4. YPA, Rodgers gets the ball down the field better. In comparison to every season that Rodgers has started he has had a better YPA.

5. MVP. It stands for Most Valuable Player in the NFL. Its not a single game award, its not a month award (though ARod had a few of those as well) its about a whole body of work. Arod won. Hands down. No one even mentioned eli.

6. Head to head, Rodgers has outplayed Eli 2 of the 3 times they have met.

Don't try to use facts to reason with him... they're too factual and concrete

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SI.com asked The Marketing Arm to provide updated statistics as of last week, and Tebow's numbers continue to soar.
The quarterback sits at No. 4 among all celebrities in DBI's Endorsement scale, trailing only Oprah Winfrey, Adele and Kate Middleton. (Will Smith, Bill Gates, Hank Aaron, Tom Hanks and Jack Nicklaus follow Tebow in the Top 10 of Endorsement). He has also soared into the Top 10 in the Influence category -- up from No. 40 in December -- which places him alongside Adele, Justin Bieber, Johnny Depp and Brad Pitt.

Regarding the Trendsetter attribute, Tebow has risen to No. 6, which is on par with Katy Perry, Anne Hathaway, Beyoncé, Justin Timberlake and Will Smith. His No. 13 ranking in Trust puts him in the same neighborhood as Warren Buffett, the late John Wooden, Bill Cosby, Jerry Rice and Dr. Oz.
The Marketing Arm says Tebow is now known by more than 75 percent of all U.S. consumers. According to Nielsen and E-Poll's N-Score ranking, which measures factors including name and image awareness and appeal, as well as attributes such as sincerity, approachability, experience and influence, Tebow has a score of 180. Jets starting quarterback Mark Sanchez has a score of just 12.

"He transcends the sports landscape and that's why you are seeing stories on the front of the paper," says Teri Thompson, the managing editor for sports at the New York Daily News. "And he creates immediately a quarterback controversy, which of course is a Godsend to the tabloids of New York. Once training camp begins, it will be like that Allstate commercial -- mayhem. And then once the season starts, Lord only knows what will happen, and no pun intended."
Sports talk radio often drives the water-cooler conversation in New York, and caller lines last week were heated with fans wanting to talk about the Tebow acquisition. "It has completely overtaken the radio station," said Mark Chernoff, the vice president of sports programming for CBS Radio and the operations manager for WFAN-AM. "Linsanity was big, but it did not overwhelm the radio station the way Tim Tebow has."
Michael Kay, the afternoon host for ESPN New York 1050-AM, said that his callers were overwhelmingly negative about the Tebow deal. "Not so much that he's a bad player," Kay said, "but they don't think he's a great player. There doesn't seem to be any gray area with Tebow and that makes him the perfect subject for the media.
Kay said he attended an ESPN Next party two months ago at the Super Bowl and spotted Tebow in the corner surrounded by 30 people. "Sitting maybe 10 feet from him on a couch were Barry Sanders and Jim Brown," said Kay. "Nobody was near them and nobody looked at them. They were all with Tebow. I mean, this guy is the Beatles."

Jones said that Tebow never treated his media obligations like a chore. She said he made an effort to learn the names of the beat reporters who were around regularly and his media interaction was much more of a touchy situation when he was not the starter (yet the most in-demand player in the locker room). Tebow also had the benefit of having been in the spotlight since his early days at Florida, a beat covered by nearly a dozen newspapers, plenty of websites and national college football reporters.

(To the infidels who seem to get irritated to hear Tim proclaim his love for Christ, once again, it was a reporter being the one who brought it up! To those infidels, you can be jealous of Tim, or mad. But be mad at the media because they are always the one's who ask these quesions. And you know why they do it- to irritate the infidels. Same reason the Journal-Sentinel PAYS the racist Eugene Kane to write his racist opinions. It irritates the most readers. Who are not Kane folk.)
The most interesting moment of the conference came with about eight minutes left, when a reporter from the Times asked Tebow to explain his core religious beliefs and why he had not addressed the hot-button social issues discussed by religious and political leaders. "We're at a press conference for the football team, so it's not exactly the platform to give and share everything you believe," Tebow said.
"But I have no problems ever sharing what I believe. I'm a Christian. I'm a follower of Jesus Christ. And that is first and foremost the most important thing in my life. For me it is about having a relationship with Christ. That's pretty much it. That is the basis of what I believe, and it is exciting for me to get opportunities to share that. But at the same time this is a press conference for the New York Jets football team, so I feel like it is an opportunity to answer questions about my opportunity to be here as a Jet. I'm excited about that. Any time you get an opportunity I am always going to talk about Jesus Christ and what he has done in my life. But I'm also here to talk about the Jets."

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/richard_deitsch/03/25/tim.tebow.conference/index.html#ixzz1qHe5VVL5

mikeymidnight

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No that is not according to my logic. Ravens would have won with a different QB. Bucaneers could have won with a different QB.

According to Jennings logic because he is so heavy in regard to stats, maybe Green Bay Packers should have kept Marty Flynn and released Aaron Rodgers.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My favorite part about people bringing up Flynn in order to bring down Rodgers?

Smiling when I remind them that Flynn outplayed their QB too ;)

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How do you know you might be friends with a Giants fan?

He gets into bar arguments with Cowboys and Bears fans about which one of their teams is the 2nd best in NFL history.

mikeymidnight

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess the next thrown out there is gonna ne that Aaron Rodgers outplayed Eli Manning in the playoff game but his recievers kept dropping the ball.

You need to take off the homer glasses and acknowledge that Eli Manning is a better QB than Aaron Rodgers.

mikeymidnight

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ivo that was funny.

Not bringing up Marty Flynn to put down Aaron Rodgers. Aaron Rodgers is great and I am.not trying to put him down. I bring up Marty Flynn because you guys are so.concerned with stats and also to show the strength of the offensive weapons that Aaron Rodgers has on your team.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess the next thrown out there is gonna ne that Aaron Rodgers outplayed Eli Manning in the playoff game but his recievers kept dropping the ball.

You need to take off the homer glasses and acknowledge that Eli Manning is a better QB than Aaron Rodgers.

Oh no, that was the entire offense that played terrible. Its common knowledge on here that I dont blame the defense for any losses in the 2011 season.

Now you are just repeating what I say? How old are you? 10?

Again, find me a national sports writer that says Eli is better. Or really anyone that has some clout. Oh wait.. YOU CANT!!!! HAHA

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ivo that was funny.

Not bringing up Marty Flynn to put down Aaron Rodgers. Aaron Rodgers is great and I am.not trying to put him down. I bring up Marty Flynn because you guys are so.concerned with stats and also to show the strength of the offensive weapons that Aaron Rodgers has on your team.

Stats are just a way to measure and compare similar positions. How else do you compare players in similar positions?

PFF has Rodgers rated much higher than Eli too. Any way you slice it you are the only one that feels Eli is in the same league as Arod.

mikeymidnight

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Eli Manning doesn't play professional baseball so I am not going to compare him to A-Rod.

Stats are just one way to compare them. Performing in big games under pressure is another. The ability the dictate the game is another. Leadership is another. There are many things to consider.

Eli Manning went into Lambeau Field in the postseason and outperformed a Green Bay Packers legend again. Aaron Rodgers was rattled that day.Eli Manning wasn't.
n
Eli Manning will never lead the league in completion % or QB rating. He has a lot of throw away balls because of his porous offensive line.

Eli Manning went into Candelstick Park and played against a ravenous defense that threw him a.terrible beating and he played QB that day as well as it could be under those circumstances. Aaron Rodgers would crumble under that beating.

Eli Manning once again had one of the best 4th quarters for a QB in SuperBowl history against a team coached by one of the greatest of all time.

Eli Manning put on a QB clinic as he led NY Giants to SuperBowl Championship during a legendary postseason.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Eli Manning doesn't play professional baseball so I am not going to compare him to A-Rod.

Stats are just one way to compare them. Performing in big games under pressure is another. The ability the dictate the game is another. Leadership is another. There are many things to consider.

Eli Manning went into Lambeau Field in the postseason and outperformed a Green Bay Packers legend again. Aaron Rodgers was rattled that day.Eli Manning wasn't.
n
Eli Manning will never lead the league in completion % or QB rating. He has a lot of throw away balls because of his porous offensive line.

Eli Manning went into Candelstick Park and played against a ravenous defense that threw him a.terrible beating and he played QB that day as well as it could be under those circumstances. Aaron Rodgers would crumble under that beating.

Eli Manning once again had one of the best 4th quarters for a QB in SuperBowl history against a team coached by one of the greatest of all time.

Eli Manning put on a QB clinic as he led NY Giants to SuperBowl Championship during a legendary postseason.

Still waiting for you to name someone who agrees with you that holds some weight, dont post until you can find someone.

mikeymidnight

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When did I say I was gonna name someone?

If you really need names them just ask the defensive starters for Green Bay Packers.

mikeymidnight

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gary Myers- NY Daily News agrees that Eli Manning is better.

I am glad to have David Carr as a backup for Eli Manning.

NY Giants at Green Bay Packers in postseason game QB rating-

Aaron Rodgers- 78.5

Eli Manning- 114.3

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gary Myers- NY Daily News agrees that Eli Manning is better.

I am glad to have David Carr as a backup for Eli Manning.

NY Giants at Green Bay Packers in postseason game QB rating-

Aaron Rodgers- 78.5

Eli Manning- 114.3

Weird, I googled him but couldnt figure out who he was. I clicked the first 3 links but all I got was something about some lawyers and some author. Try again son, and like I said before someone with some clout.

Dont downplay stats and then later try and use them to bolster your failed attempt at a debate.

Members online

Latest posts