Tebow

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Wow. Pretty suprised he chose the Jets over going to Florida.

The Jets with Tebow? *sigh* Don't know about this one. Don't know. :rolleyes:

DOCTORAPK

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tim Tebow .... New York .....Rex Ryan ....Mark Sanchez ......"Tebowing" .......

A true "Strange Brew", if EVER I saw one..... with all respects to Jack Bruce, Ginger Baker and Eric Clapton of CREAM,

VERY - S -T - R - A - N - G - E .....

My predominant thought, of course, is:

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is a train wreck from the start. Mark Sanchez and his fragile ego was already booed last year and now they are bringing in Tebow as a backup? Cromartie tweeting he doesn't want him. Rex Ryan. From an "interesting news" standpoint this is great though.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Certain franchises are terrible consistently for a reason. While the giants are successful the jets are a joke. The cardinals are awful for a reason just like the 49ers are good for a reason.

The jets just make bad moves, it doesn't matter what decade they do it in.

DOCTORAPK

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is a train wreck from the start. Mark Sanchez and his fragile ego was already booed last year and now they are bringing in Tebow as a backup? Cromartie tweeting he doesn't want him. Rex Ryan. From an "interesting news" standpoint this is great though.

That first sentence of your comment just about hits the nail right on the head!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes Tebow was allowed to pick team..Jax also was willing to put more money to Denver..

Why would the Jets want him? To make the players calm down? Stop harassing women in the locker room?

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So in the end, the Jets got Tebow and a 7th round pick for a 4th round pick. The Jets traded their sixth round pick to Denver, but got a higher sixth round pick from Indy in exchange for Drew Stanton. That's a really cheap price for a guy who won a division and a playoff game last year.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow. Pretty suprised he chose the Jets over going to Florida.

The Jets with Tebow? *sigh* Don't know about this one. Don't know. :rolleyes:
Hope you don't mind that I took your very clever quote from the shoutbox for my latest sig.
Thought it was appropriate to go with the pic.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
God damnit....
Will this work?

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
It's really funny looking back.
Broncos are nuts about him.
It looked like he was doing so good.
But then he turned out to be a loser and the Broncos traded him. LOL

packersflow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tebow chose the Jets as no matter how bad he does the Jaguars will take him back with open arms!

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tim Tbag is going to the Jets where he will lose his virginity.
No, not with a girl.
Just from Rex Ryan's cursing.

Darth Garfunkel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Prediction:
The season will start with Tebow blushing a lot around his new coach and end with him in full blown leather daddy gear rubbing Mrs. Ryan's feet.

DOCTORAPK

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes Tebow was allowed to pick team..Jax also was willing to put more money to Denver..

Why would the Jets want him? To make the players calm down? Stop harassing women in the locker room?

Tebow to the Jets ..... NUTS ....... in EVERY way, fashion and form ..... for each. every and ANY reason.

Just Plain Nuts!

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
Tebow is a fantastic guy and I am sure he will help the locker room a lot. Though it is odd for the "bad boys" of the NFL to get the saint of the NFL.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Wow the Jets are being flashy, anyone think its Super Bowl envy? Last time the Giants won the Super Bowl they go for Favre, this time Tebow, the biggest names in football at their current time periods. Tebow should of swallowed his starter pride, and tried to harder to join the Pack to learn from a great QB who can handle the media attention and BS that follows, then try free agency when his contract is up being the back up to Rodgers. Though he may of not wanted it because number 15 is not going to become unretired. Though on the subject of retired numbers giving Tebow number 4 would of been hilarious.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Tebow should of swallowed his starter pride, and tried to harder to join the Pack...
Jason Wilde said the Packers were only looking into acquiring Tebow if he ended up being waived, they weren’t going to trade for him. Obviously I don’t know his source(s) for this, but it makes some kind of sense to me. It could have been teams mentioned as having interest in him were just those which contacted his agent.

Someone on the radio (I think it was Dan Patrick but I’m not sure) made the point that the Jets have been a very streaky team under Ryan and Sanchez with more winning and losing streaks than the average NFL team. If that’s true and it continues what happens during their next 3- or 4-game losing streak? The backup QB is the most popular player in many NFL cities; the Jets are “injecting steroids” into this phenomenon. IMO the NYJ seem to be embracing controversy much more with this acquisition than with the Favre trade.

mikeymidnight

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I doubt that anything Rex "blimpo balloon" Ryan says is going to shock Timmy Tebow. I would think the guy was exposed to more than his share at Florida, one of the craziest party schools in the country.

I can't stand NY Jets but they got Timmy Tebow real cheap and they will probably maximize the use of his abilities. This move has Jets beating Broncos in the playoffs.

Nothing NY Jets could do can change the fact that NYC belongs to SuperBowl Champion NY Giants.

I bELIeve.

Members online