Tebow

mikeymidnight

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey folks, it is not like NY Jets were stacked at QB before they traded for Timmy Tebow. They just improved the QB position on their team with this trade.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Call it crazy, but I have a strange hunch that T-Bag ain't coming around here.
I see a big.... A big can of beer?
No.
No wait.
It's a big apple in his future instead.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Think of it this way, I am sure the packers pursue plenty of players that never hit the headlines any nobody ever knows. The only thing that makes this different is the fact it is Tebow so people dug deeper for teams interested.

That's because the Packers are known for playing their hand close to their chest. That's why this surprises me and I'm not likely to believe it.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Haha! Told you cats not to rule out the Jets! I knew it! I had a feeling the Jets were going to go for Tebow. Now we have Sanchez on the market!
I think this is the worse place for him to go. I think this is a horrible more for NYJ. Now if God starts watching a lot of NYJ games, there is going to be extra scrutiny for that city and ramifications. Expect a hurricane hitting there soon.

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know, I wasn't in favor of the Pack getting Tebow, but I think it would have been really interesting to see how they would have used him.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we need a back up QB. I dont feel the one we have now is a viable option for an extended period of time. I expect the packers to draft a QB. I wouldnt have a problem with the packers using that draft pick to acquire Tebow.

Team playing the Packers, plans around stopping Arod. Arod gets hurt, Tebow comes in. Now you have to completely change your defensive scheme to stop Tebow, as he brings a different skill set to the position. Kinda like Kolb and Vick in Philly in 2010 week 1. We struggled with Vick as we didnt prep for him.

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we need a back up QB. I dont feel the one we have now is a viable option for an extended period of time. I expect the packers to draft a QB. I wouldnt have a problem with the packers using that draft pick to acquire Tebow.

Team playing the Packers, plans around stopping Arod. Arod gets hurt, Tebow comes in. Now you have to completely change your defensive scheme to stop Tebow, as he brings a different skill set to the position. Kinda like Kolb and Vick in Philly in 2010 week 1. We struggled with Vick as we didnt prep for him.

I think you made a great point but I disagree on the reason. Everyone arguing saying that we need a good backup QB who can throw....why? I want every member of the 53 man roster to contribute and the backup QB in Green Bay usually does nothing. If we got Tebow (for the right price, a 4th and 6th is ridiculous) then we could use him in sets that off balance defenses and provide more balance to our offense. The thought of a 3rd and 1 from the goaline in the playoffs, I would much rather Tebow take the direct snap and try and run in then Arod handing it off to John Kuhn.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Assume you get a 3rd for Flynn next season, it would be like getting a new back up instead if you traded your tradable 3rd pick

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL, it just couldn't be that easy, could it. But the Rams? Tebow would make such a nice little lamb. :roflmao:
Apparently God slipped something into the contract language. See? Even He doesn't think NYJ is a good idea for Tebow.

What? Hey, He works in mysterious ways, ya know.

Members online