Tebow

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
He is a high character guy, a great person. Even Elway said today if his daughter were to get married, someone like him would be the perfect person.

It amazes me some people rip on him, don't like him, calling him "holier than though", stuff like that.
For living pure and unselfish. He's ripped on.

I can understand not buying into his skills as a QB, because he does throw funny and he's not a pro passer really.
Although Troy Polamalu and Ryan Clark were eliminated from the playoffs because of a few Tebow passes.

But as a person, he IS a better person than I am, and probably any of us. That's just a fact.
Any of us who rips on him for that, it's saying more about us than him.

Reggie White never went through this...

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All I can say is.....like him on the field for what he does on the field and like him off the field for what he does off the field. Those 2 things can and should be separated. You can like him for both but don't assume that liking him for off the field reasons should in any way elevate his playing status/depth chart status. If people would do that then there would be no issues with him.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Hes taken alot of flak for his personal beliefs and the media hype that follows him does seem excessive, he comes across as a good guy. If he leaves the Broncs who knows down the line he may come back and haunt them. Anyways good luck to him.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even though they seem to be the front runner I can't see Jacksonville doing this to themselves with the Henne signing and having Gabbert on the roster already. If they wanted him they should have drafted him. They have to be fools if they don't know they will be getting a full blown qb controversy and push for him to start from the 1st second he is a member of their team. Being a backup -h back type guy absolutely will not fly there.

Darth Garfunkel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I disagree with you 100%. I think Tebow-mania is over. It's similar to Linsanity. When's the last time you heard something about Jeremy Lin? With Tebow as a backup there will be no reason for the insanity. If Tebow goes to a team that has an established QB there will be no circus.

I agree that the circus will follow him to Jacksonville or Miami. If he backs up Rodgers, Brady, Brees, ect. the circus won't be there.

Dude, you should see the kook "Bronco" fans out here in Denver vowing to follow him wherever he goes. I hope they like the CFL!

I doubt the national mania would be nearly as intense but trust me when I say we don't want people like my neighbors bandwagoning onto the Pack. They legitimately think Tebow is 10 times the quarterback that Manning is. A lot of them can't even figure out that Manning's $96 million deal isn't paid in full right now, like he got a giant publisher's clearing house check when he got off the plane.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's all beside the point anyway, he wouldn't be a good fit for our offense.

Not to mention the fact that he probably wouldn't even see our offense to begin with. I can't even imagine us developing and mentoring him only to trade him off where he may come back to haunt us. I'm not even worried about what we might get for him in terms of picks, I'm worried about what he might eventually do to us when unleashed. Say what you will, but this kids got skills, I don't want the Packers to be the one responsible for taking credit for sharpened those skills.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Tebow won't come here. I would be stunned. Not a good fit.

I will give Tebow credit for one thing though that Manning never did. Beating the Steelers in the playoffs. Peyton has often played scared vs. Pittsburgh.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Tebow won't come here. I would be stunned. Not a good fit.

I will give Tebow credit for one thing though that Manning never did. Beating the Steelers in the playoffs. Peyton has often played scared vs. Pittsburgh.

Nope he won't come here, so don't worry, the crazy house of fans won't be entering here to put the billboard up, or talk smack about Rodgers when we do lose a game.

I can hear it now.

Tebow would have beat the Chiefs, and then you'd be 16-0. it's Divine Intervention!

Oh the humanity, thank god I am the only insane nutty fan, and you don't have a whole army of them that come up with bizarre ideas.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I can already hear that Tebow is a winner and Rodgers sucks.

Anyway I heard Tebow would like to go to Florida. I don't think the Packers play in Florida.

Whew.

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can already hear that Tebow is a winner and Rodgers sucks.

Anyway I heard Tebow would like to go to Florida. I don't think the Packers play in Florida.

Whew.

Nobody of any importance would say a QB that won the MVP and went 14-1 last year sucks. I think Tebow might come to the pack and since everyone seems so confident, give me 10:1 on $100 and I will bet tebow comes here!

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dude, you should see the kook "Bronco" fans out here in Denver vowing to follow him wherever he goes. I hope they like the CFL!

I doubt the national mania would be nearly as intense but trust me when I say we don't want people like my neighbors bandwagoning onto the Pack. They legitimately think Tebow is 10 times the quarterback that Manning is. A lot of them can't even figure out that Manning's $96 million deal isn't paid in full right now, like he got a giant publisher's clearing house check when he got off the plane.

That's because people in Colorado smoke too much pot :laugh:

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Heard on sports radio this morning that potential suitors for tebow include, NYJ, Jacksonville, and GREEN BAY and spit my coffee all over the dash.

I can't believe they'd pick him up as a QB. Maybe another option as a RB/HB/FB/TE. Although they could do some interesting things with direct snaps and things like if they lined both him and AR back there at the same time. I can't imagine they're very serious though.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If he wants to learn how to play QB in the nfl then GB is the best place for him.

Brandon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the ONLY draw back would be the media attention. Green Bay is notorious for being a humble, camera-shy (except for you Finley) organization without many hiccups as far as spot-light players for the wrong reasons. Walden and Jolly (and I think Underwood, if I remember right?) are a few minor examples, but it doesn't happen often.

Tebow would at least be positive recognition. For as much as I dislike him as a QB, I do think he is a positive role model and someone that brings youth to the field. Now if he DID land in Green Bay, as unlikely as it seems, would you have a problem with him backing up Arod? I wouldn't, and here is why:

I would NOT like him as a backup for the purpose of being a security blanket to Rodgers. I would like Tebow as a situational QB, where his role has really shined when he first took his snaps. Tebow is a naturally athletic monster and there is no arguing that, he is probably more elusive at his size than anyone else at his position, and although he doesn't have great speed he seems to have amazing awareness when on his feet.

This kind of talent would be put well to use in goal line situations, which the Packers are severely lacking skill with in terms of running the ball. A lot of my friends seem to think that this would be predictable, but even if it is predictable you STILL have to stop Tebow from scoring, which I have yet to see many teams do when that close to the goal line.

So my idea is, Rodgers (assuming he doesn't score from 50 yards away like he is so good at) brings them within 5 yards, then we give the ball to Tebow and let him work his magic. 8/10 times we probably just play power football and have him run it in, but maybe every now and then we get tricky and have him pass to keep the defense honest.

Your thoughts?

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron got smoked running it in on the goal line against the Bears in the NFC championship and it affected him even though they went on to win. I don't like him taking those hits and I do not for 1 second trust a single one of the backs to get it in. I used to trust Kuhn but teams load up on him. Even though it works most of the time a team should not have to throw the slant from the goal line to punch it in. If MM can find a way to incorporate him in the short yardage game without having to take Aaron off the field then I am good with it.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But if Tebow is in there you know he's going to run. Rodgers brings behind center doesn't allow the defense to focus on just the run. Rodgers behind the center in run formation, pulls up finds a receiver. btw, Rodgers has proved himself to be a darn good runner in his own right.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
The simple fact that rumor that Gb is in the hunt for him makes no sense..When was last time something was leaked out of Gb with such importance as this?

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The simple fact that rumor that Gb is in the hunt for him makes no sense..When was last time something was leaked out of Gb with such importance as this?

Think of it this way, I am sure the packers pursue plenty of players that never hit the headlines any nobody ever knows. The only thing that makes this different is the fact it is Tebow so people dug deeper for teams interested.