Tebow

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I actually think Miami would be a great fit for Tebow. He should be a starter somewhere, not a backup. If he signed with a team like the Packers, who mind you already have a pro bowl QB in residence ( ;) ), he may not see a single snap in 2012 unless if it's preseason, Rodgers is injured, or a blowout or meaningless game. I think Tebow would turn the Pack down if they came calling. As someone said, Tebow was a starter last season and he has playoff experience. The ego is already in place, I don't think he'd like warming the bench after last year.

Well they'd start selling tickets, Miami also has struggled with attendance, mostly from that 1-7 home record in 2010.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score

WTF no. No no NOOOOOOOOO.

Has to be a joke. It is. I don't buy it. I heard the top 3 teams were the Jags/Vikings and Eagles.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I am starting to like my piece of crap nobody cares about anymore Colts so much. No Tebow. No overpaid aging vets. Like the movie Hoosiers!!!! Just as long as they leave it out there on the field win or lose I will be proud. *wipes tear from eye.*

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our team is full of guys with good character like Tebow. Tebows salary is only 1.2 million next year and Ted said he was interested if it was a late round pick.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...tebow-trade-market?module=HP11_headline_stack

Exactly. Denver already paid Tebow his bonus. All the Packers would be on the hook for is the base salary. Why not trade a late round pick, develop him, trade him. Spending a 5th round pick on Tebow would be no different than drafting a quarterback in the 5th round this year.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
WTF no. No no NOOOOOOOOO.

Has to be a joke. It is. I don't buy it. I heard the top 3 teams were the Jags/Vikings and Eagles.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I am starting to like my piece of crap nobody cares about anymore Colts so much. No Tebow. No overpaid aging vets. Like the movie Hoosiers!!!! Just as long as they leave it out there on the field win or lose I will be proud. *wipes tear from eye.*

Don't say the name "Hoosiers" without thinking of the coach that everybody loves to hate!!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Don't say the name "Hoosiers" without thinking of the coach that everybody loves to hate!!

My favorite sports movie:cry:

Darth Garfunkel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Exactly. Denver already paid Tebow his bonus. All the Packers would be on the hook for is the base salary. Why not trade a late round pick, develop him, trade him. Spending a 5th round pick on Tebow would be no different than drafting a quarterback in the 5th round this year.

Living in Denver and working in the news media I can tell you there is a huge difference. There would literally be lunatic fans demanding he be given the starting job if we lose one game. That is if they don't think he's better than Aaron already.

I've heard people express the opinion that Tebow is way better than Manning and they hope Payton gets his neck broken on the first play. We dont need those kind of bandwagon fans.

Tebow is a high character guy, but so are a lot of other players who don't bring a circus with them.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packer Pro Shop would sell Tebow jersey's like crazy. Thompson could then use that money on free agents. Win-win situation.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Living in Denver and working in the news media I can tell you there is a huge difference. ......
Tebow is a high character guy, but so are a lot of other players who don't bring a circus with them.
He is a high character guy, a great person. Even Elway said today if his daughter were to get married, someone like him would be the perfect person.

It amazes me some people rip on him, don't like him, calling him "holier than though", stuff like that.
For living pure and unselfish. He's ripped on.

I can understand not buying into his skills as a QB, because he does throw funny and he's not a pro passer really.
Although Troy Polamalu and Ryan Clark were eliminated from the playoffs because of a few Tebow passes.

But as a person, he IS a better person than I am, and probably any of us. That's just a fact.
Any of us who rips on him for that, it's saying more about us than him.

gbpowner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It would be interesting to see what MM could do with Tebow's development but the best team for Tebow is the one he's already on. If he is bent on improvement, it will not hurt him to learn from one of the most successful and cerebral QB's ever to play. Besides...the Broncos are just one good blindside thump on Manning to becoming Tim's team again.

Darth Garfunkel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He is a high character guy, a great person. Even Elway said today if his daughter were to get married, someone like him would be the perfect person.

It amazes me some people rip on him, don't like him, calling him "holier than though", stuff like that.

I can understand not buying into his skills as a QB, because he does throw funny and he's not a pro passer really.
Although Troy Polamalu and Ryan Clark were eliminated from the playoffs because of a few Tebow passes.

But as a person, he IS a better person than I am, and probably any of us. That's just a fact.

I agree, it's his crazy fan base that's the problem and unfortunately I think a lot of teams may be reluctant to give him a lookbecause of it. For the Packers, I just want MM to be a coach and not have to worry about managing a 3 ring circus of unrealistic expectations from a small but very vocal group of fans.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I've heard people express the opinion that Tebow is way better than Manning and they hope Payton gets his neck broken on the first play. We dont need those kind of bandwagon fans.

Even though I favor defense over offense, I think it's poor sportsmanship as a fan to wish anything bad on another player.

We all hate the Bears, but seeing Johnny Knox injury this year, I felt really bad for that guy, that was brutal.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Yeah, I don't get all the hate. You want to rip on him as a player have at it. Not sure why all the personal slander.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Living in Denver and working in the news media I can tell you there is a huge difference. There would literally be lunatic fans demanding he be given the starting job if we lose one game. That is if they don't think he's better than Aaron already.

I disagree with you 100%. I think Tebow-mania is over. It's similar to Linsanity. When's the last time you heard something about Jeremy Lin? With Tebow as a backup there will be no reason for the insanity. If Tebow goes to a team that has an established QB there will be no circus.

I agree that the circus will follow him to Jacksonville or Miami. If he backs up Rodgers, Brady, Brees, ect. the circus won't be there.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
For the love! I like Tebow, but there is no room for him or his style of play on the Packers. Would i love to see what MM could do with him? Yes. would It be worth it? No. Miami just signed Garrard in an attempt to let him redeem himself, but Tebow would be an excellent prospect for them. I'd like it better if He went to SF and Miami took Alex Smith. Really the Jags should just trade Gabbert for him. Better yet, send him to Philly to learn how to be a real mobile qb as Vick's back-up. However, I digress. TEBOW IS TO BE NOWHERE NEAR GREEN BAY UNLESS HE SWITCHES POSITIONS. Even then he'd be special teams mainly.

Members online

Latest posts