Tebow

SEWICHEESE

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good call.
How about safety?

Seriously, maybe he can be an upgrade at OLB from Zombo?
What's Timmy's footspeed?
I'd like him to be the hunter for once instead of the huntee.
Go after the infidels Timmy!
Attack!

Timmy could probably whoop Zombo's A**!

mradtke66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind Tebow, purely from a potential standpoint, if he could be had cheap enough. And the Packers are likely strong enough to handle the media frenzy. And no sane person would call for him to be starting over Rodgers.

Green Bay would be a good fit because of Tebow's number 2 status and McCarthy's quarterback school. With actual throwing mechanics, or at least something that resembles throwing mechanics instead of something that looks like a pig throwing up a cat it just ate, Tebow would be at least serviceable. Might even be good.

If McCarthy can't turn Tebow into a pocket (or near-pocket) passer, no one can, and he should give up convert to TE/H-Back.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind Tebow, purely from a potential standpoint, if he could be had cheap enough. And the Packers are likely strong enough to handle the media frenzy. And no sane person would call for him to be starting over Rodgers.

Green Bay would be a good fit because of Tebow's number 2 status and McCarthy's quarterback school. With actual throwing mechanics, or at least something that resembles throwing mechanics instead of something that looks like a pig throwing up a cat it just ate, Tebow would be at least serviceable. Might even be good.

If McCarthy can't turn Tebow into a pocket (or near-pocket) passer, no one can, and he should give up convert to TE/H-Back.

Favre fans would try and say tebow should be starting. But like you said no sane person

Alex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This Tebow to the Packers talk on ESPN is giving me high blood pressure. His holier than thou personality just bothers me not to mention giving anything for him is already overpaying. I don't want to see duck balls being thrown to our receivers in the unlikely event Rodgers gets hurt.

Rocky11

Superbowl bound Pack
Reaction score
Tebow is a natural born leader. He took a team with limited talent (including himself) and made them believe that they could win, and they did. I would love to see him come to Green Bay for the education because I think he will be successful in the NFL at some time. You can't say a bad thing about his work ethic. He has character and a great winning attitude. It wouldn't hurt to have someone like that on your team.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I don't want to see Tebow in green and gold but not because of his faith, his public professions of his faith, or the media circus he would bring. The Packers run a passing offense so I would prefer they acquire backup QBs who are proficient at passing the ball accurately.

Rocky11

Superbowl bound Pack
Reaction score
That makes sense Jack. I like him and would like to see the new McCarthy improved Tebow in a couple years. My motivation really don't have much to do with the Packers. I just think he is a good kid.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Smith will resign w/the 9ers. It'd be the worst decesion he makes if he leaves the team to go elsewhere

This is a nightmare for some SF fans if it happens, because ironically it would be a great decision for them if he did leave.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers cannot be seriously thinking of signing Tebow. If they were going to do that they might as well of just kept Flynn, what difference would it make? Tebow would be spending an awful lot of time on the bench and wouldn't see game time unless Aaron Rodgers was injured or in preseason. It just wouldn't work.

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think the packers will get Tebow and don't think the should unless they can change the amount of money he will be making next year and the year after. That said I would like to see Tebow on the team. We could figure out ways to incorporate him into an already scary offense and he would provide a different change of pace. He has good character obviously and his fellow teammates really like him which would be good for team chemistry. For those that say they want a backup QB that can throw the ball, how often is the backup QB playing? If the backup QB is playing more time than Aaron Rodgers then we have a major problem anyway. I like having as many players on the active roster that can contribute as possible. The backup QB almost never contributes unless it's a blowout so having Tebow could become valuable.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
God no, I don't want Tebow. Fun to watch, but he's terrible at his position. Let him go to Miami. They're desperate for a win, even if it's in name only.
God YES!

If we had God's favorite player on our roster, its SB time!

On the serious side, Tebow has this working for him: Very high in Leadership, dedication and athleticism. Can MM work his magic and make him into a QB? I doubt he gets the chance. I think Tebow will stay in Denver and learn under Manning. Denver doesn't know how long Manning can last.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
okcpackerfan said: "We could figure out ways to incorporate him into an already scary offense and he would provide a different change of pace."

Why in the world would Mike take AR off the field for Tebow to run even one play?

Reaction score
1 reason not to...
Skip Bayless .....
Dude would be on his soapbox getting all the tebow fanatics to attack Rodgers and demand Tebow as the starter....
Aaron already went through that annoying Favre circus.... can't ask him to put up with that Tebow circus, especially since Tebow is nowhere near Rodger's level.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Green Bay no... Miami Yes...

Well some say the Dolphins have been making poor choices with their team. I haven't looked into them enough to judge, but if what I hear is true, would be funny to see them blow a high draft pick for him.

Won't be surprised if he goes to Jacksonville though. Franchise is struggling to sell tickets, and the Gators are a Florida based team, would put fans in the seats for sure.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well some say the Dolphins have been making poor choices with their team. I haven't looked into them enough to judge, but if what I hear is true, would be funny to see them blow a high draft pick for him.

Won't be surprised if he goes to Jacksonville though. Franchise is struggling to sell tickets, and the Gators are a Florida based team, would put fans in the seats for sure.

I actually think Miami would be a great fit for Tebow. He should be a starter somewhere, not a backup. If he signed with a team like the Packers, who mind you already have a pro bowl QB in residence ( ;) ), he may not see a single snap in 2012 unless if it's preseason, Rodgers is injured, or a blowout or meaningless game. I think Tebow would turn the Pack down if they came calling. As someone said, Tebow was a starter last season and he has playoff experience. The ego is already in place, I don't think he'd like warming the bench after last year.

Members online

Latest posts