Tebow

mikeymidnight

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tom Brady didn't publically make excuses as to why Patriots lost to Giants.
Aaron Rodgers did publically make excuses as to why Packers lost to Giants and he lost a lot of credibility alwhen doing so.

mikeymidnight

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree about Timmy Tebow fitting into Green Bay Packers offensive system. I think he would have been a great asset to you guys and would have been used properly.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
The similarity between Tebow and Eli lies in the wave of "man love" they both ride with the press. Eli's is promoted out of New York's voluminous and powerful media. Tebow makes good press from his controversial posturing. In time both will be revealed for what they really are. Right now even Payton is better than Eli.

But this thread is just what the forum needed. Some NY whack doodle to get us to stop whining about last year's defense.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
I think it is fair to say that Eli is elite or, at least, knocking on the door.

Two SB MVPs and two rings as starting QB did not occur accidentally. Nor would I say that either SB-winning Giant team was "stacked" or that Eli simply rode on coat-tails. This is particularly true for his first SB win, where he was an integral part of a clear under-dog team that upset the undefeated juggernaut Patriots. And this past SB, he orchestrated a cinderella-like path from the 6th seed to another trophy.

Certainly, there were other strong elements and excellent play from his teammates... but, the dual-MVP awards are justification enough to me to believe that he was absolutely key... not just riding on coat-tails as has previously been stated.

Nor do I subscribe to the belief that his career is analogous to Robert Horry's career. I believe that Horry was a strong supporting player who happened to play on many great teams. Horry never was considered a leader on any of his teams, nor did he win any MVP awards that I am aware of.

I googled "elite quarterbacks" and read through many of the links. There seems to be a growing chorus amongst sports writers that Eli should be included in the "elite" category. Certainly, this is not unanimous, but it is more than just from NYG fans. Certainly, in my opinion, statements that the case is closed on Eli are extremely debatable. And the belief that his career is finished ("no more MVP" or titles) quite possibly will be proven to be untrue.

I just wish Aaron had a shorter last name, like Eli, so we can do things like "ELIte" and "bELIeve". I am so envious of NYG fans for this reason.;)

But, this is a thread about Tebow. Yes, he surely is a character who will likely provide much entertainment for NYC this season. Should be fun to watch how this all unfolds.

Welcome to the forum, Mikey. But, be aware that the TOS, which normally prevents verbal abuse and negative comments regarding grammar or English, does not seem to apply when regulars and mods here make the decision that new members of opposing teams are no longer welcome. And, it seems that this has occured with you. Sorry, pal.

Gosh, I sure hope my English is perfect in this posting.

mikeymidnight

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thank you for the welcome PFfan.

I think Timmy Tebow is going to help NY Jets win a couple games and I do think they will use him properly. More importantly is that I think he will be a positive influence in Gang Greens adysmal lockerroom. I think he will be a good fit with NY Jets but I think a place such as Green Bay or New England would have been better because there never would have been a debate of Timmy Tebow starting and the focus would have just been on using him as another weapon on a great offense.
You see in regard to NY Giants winning SuperBowl XLII and SuperBowl XLVI is that we would not have been able to do it with another QB. Eli Manning is the main reason and it surprises me when folks don't see that. No matter how much I would debate about Eli Manning and Aaron Rodgers would I ever say that Aaron Rodgers wasn't the main reason Green Bay Packers won SuperBowl XLV. Aaron Rodgers is the main reason Green Bay Packers won SuperBowl XLV. Barring injury or some unforeseen collapse, Aaron Rodgers will continue to be the main reason that Green Bay continues to win. I am not putting Aaron Rodgers down at all, he is a great QB. In my opinion the top tier of QBs are Tom Brady, Eli Manning, Aaron Rodgers and Drew Brees. I also think that Aaron Rodgers did deserve the regualr season MVP award but I also feel that it was not a good move to rest the starters for the last game of the season because they had three weeks off from NFL game when they played NY Giants in playoff game.

weebles

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Eli Manning is most definitely a top 5 QB, just don't know if you can put a guy in an elite category when I don't believe he'll ever earn a single vote for league MVP. He's going to have to have a spectacular season like Brady/Rodgers/Brees in order to get that recognition which he so far hasn't.

Think Tebow to the Jets is a good deal, because of his personality and the fact it keeps the ball out of the air.. because it only gets them in trouble. :p

mikeymidnight

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought Eli Manning did have a spectacular regular season this past year. He was not as statistically impressive as Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees and Tom Brady. However I will point out that Eli Manning doesn't have the talent aroundn him on offense that Aaron Rodgers and Drew Brees does and that being considered, he still threw for the sixth highest total of any QB in history of NFL.

I bELIeve.

PFanCan

Reaction score
Mikey, stating on this board things like, "...All GMs would pick Eli over Rodgers" is something that you cannot possibly know for a fact and is likely only meant to troll for an angry response. Other comments include, "Eli is better and you all know it" and picking on Rodgers nickname "A-Rod" have no other purpose other than to pick a fight.

Mostly your postings were ok, but occasionally you added these one sentences that made everything else moot.

However, I can understand why you would feel compelled to add these zingers after reading all the personal insults being thrown at you and outrageous bets that entire defensive lines would be traded away. Too bad you fell for it. Should have ignored them and stuck to a higher bar.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Again I think the best evidence between the two is the difference in passer rating between Eli and Aaron is the same as the difference between Eli and blain gabbert

Sorry wood didn't mean to throw your boy under the bus there

mikeymidnight

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You are right I should have. However I did not insult anyone and I dont intend to.

Obviously my comment in regard to "all GMs and HCs would take Eli Manning over Aaron Rodgers" was in response to comment in regard to the reverse and I should have just ignored it because it is an obviously flawed statement. I am sure that any of the GMs and HCs of top tier QBs would rather have their QB as oppossed to any other.

The thing I can never get is why folks feel compelled to put down the QB that beat them. All canvassed do this and it makes no sense. By stating that Eli Manning is not very good by a Green Bay Packers fan in an argument is putting their own team down considering the fashion in how Eli Manning beat Green Bay Packers.

Heck I am not going to put down Aaron Rodgers or Green Bay Packers because they are a great team and he is a great QB. It is an awesome accomplishment that Eli Manning and NY Giants were able to go into their house in the playoffs and beat them just as it was a great accomplishment to go into San Francisco and beat the 49ers in their own house in the NFC Championship Game. Eli Manning rises to the occassion during these times and that is one of the reasons why I think he is better than Aaron Rodgers.

weebles

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers did it 2 years ago... and yes, since you've been in this thread, you have 5 or more posts belittling Rodgers on a Green Bay forum. Stop trolling. I can't get why you feel compelled to argue on a Green Bay forum why you think Eli Manning is better than Rodgers when everyone outside being a looney Giants fanboy would disagree with you.

mikeymidnight

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't belittle Aaron Rodgers at all. You mistake disagreeing with you as belittling someone and that is not the case.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I didn't belittle Aaron Rodgers at all. You mistake disagreeing with you as belittling someone and that is not the case.

Belittle is a little strong..

However, you have stated more than once, Eli is better than Rodgers..Someone counted 5 times you said it..

A troll is someone that wants to get a rise out of others...

Coming to a Packer forum and saying Eli is better than Rodgers will get a rise out of people. Hence your being trollish

mikeymidnight

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know what? I will not post on the subject again.

Why would an opinion about who is a better QB get a rise out of someone?
It is an opinion about sports on a forum and that is what forums are for.

PFanCan

Reaction score
See? This is what I mean. Tebow is perhaps the biggest non-story there is. Even the thread with his name in the title loses interest in him.

Rocky11

Superbowl bound Pack
Reaction score
Tebow will do well for the Jets. He will probably end up as the starting quarterback. His work ethic and character always prevail. I don't think he was ever the most gifted athlete on any team but I bet he was always the most dedicated.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
The thing I can never get is why folks feel compelled to put down the QB that beat them. All canvassed do this and it makes no sense. By stating that Eli Manning is not very good by a Green Bay Packers fan in an argument is putting their own team down considering the fashion in how Eli Manning beat Green Bay Packers.

Well heck, everybody is entitled to their opinion. But the above statement doesn't take into account that Eli lost to the Packers once last year and won once. That only makes him 50/50. On the second one, it would be safe to say the Packers beat themselves rather than Eli's supposed prowess.

mikeymidnight

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Vince Lombardi comment was pure troll.

I can keep going if you want.

Actually it was a joke. It wasn't being a troll. Everyone knows the accompmishments of Vince Lombardi and the greatness he exhibited in Green Bay. I am very proud that he was a part of NY Giants for the time he was.

Don't worry Ivo, I won't respond to you again.

mikeymidnight

Cheesehead
Reaction score
@Croak- NY Giants were decimated by injuries when that played the first time and some would say that is why we lost. Also the fashion in which Eli Manning dominated in the playoff victory was more impressive than Aaron Rodgers win at Giants Stadium in the foray game during the regilar season.

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
@Croak- NY Giants were decimated by injuries when that played the first time and some would say that is why we lost. Also the fashion in which Eli Manning dominated in the playoff victory was more impressive than Aaron Rodgers win at Giants Stadium in the foray game during the regilar season.

If Aaron Rodgers and the Packers had the type of defense that the Giants have had during their last two super bowl playoff runs, I think the Packers would be close to unstoppable. Eli is close enough to be considered elite, for sure. I read someone say that the Giants don't have as much talent as the Packers. I can buy this argument offensively, but I think the Giants are much more talented defensively, especially when it comes to pass rush, which makes the line-backers and the entire secondary play much better. Regardless of how well Eli played against the Patriots in 2007, without that AMAZING defensive pressure, the Giants would not have won. He was integral, sure, but to me, the defense was even more impressive especially considered they did things to Brady that hadn't been done all season. As a QB, it's easier to stay cool and calm when you actually have some faith in your defense. Rodgers didn't have that luxury at all last season. Rodgers is more talented than Eli, but Eli is still very good. I would take Rodgers in a heartbeat over Eli, but I would gladly take Eli if I couldn't get Rodgers. Give him a relentless defense and you'd be competing every season, just like they have been.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Aaron Rodgers had the greatest season for a QB like many of you claim he had, why couldn't he win a playoff game in his own house? It coudlnt be the "weak NY Giants defense" you guys rail about.
Because he went to his first funeral ever that week for the death of someone in the Packers family.
Now had that death hadn't happened and if the Giants still would have won (A very big if) then I would admit that the Giants beat the Packers and were the better team.
But since that isn't the case what all or most of us Packers fans (And other NFL fans) can agree on is that the Packers beat themselves.
The ONLY team to have just beaten the Packers outright and without question for all of 2011 season was the KC Chiefs.
Not the Giants. The Chiefs.
If the Giants are so good then why didn't they beat the Packers in their own house just a few weeks ago before the playoff game?
By the time of the playoff game it was a different Packers team. A team that had been heavily effected by the death of a coach's son just a few days before who wasn't properly prepared.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts