Tebow

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
couldn't resist starting this thread

Do you guys think trading a late round pick (5th?) for tebow to be our back up QB would be a good move?

I say no solely on the media circus it would bring. But tebow could use a few years as a back up.

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
since miami traded brandon marshall i think it might be a decent idea to get tebow, some bigger tight ends and fullbacks and go straight running game with him and reggie bush. Plus he would be back in Florida.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Tebow will land up in Miami if not SF since both of those teams lost out on Manning and SF might be needing a QB if Smith walks. Tebow is an unfortunate byproduct of the Manning situation. As for Tebow coming to GB, we do need a solid backup as we've lost Flynn but I don't think Tebow is the answer. To the contrary, I think he should be a starter for a developing team. I actually liked the progress he was making with the Broncos and was looking forward to what they could do. He was a good fit there.

Here is another thing to consider: The ratio of all these quality QBs floating around the pool and the number of teams that are actually in need of a starting QB. Somebody might be the odd man out and either land up unsigned or playing backup. The Colts releasing Manning has caused a ripple effect. I highly doubt Tebow or even Smith will have a problem but either of them signing for another team means whoever is QB on that team might get the boot and thus be on the market. Certainly this will be one of the most dynamic drafts we've seen in some time.

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score

Do you guys think trading a late round pick (5th?) for tebow to be our back up QB would be a good move?

I say no solely on the media circus it would bring. But tebow could use a few years as a back up.

I agree. The last thing the Packers need is another media snaffoo.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the Packers can get Tebow for a 5th round pick or later (which won't happen because the Broncos have no reason to get so little of return back for Tebow) I'd LOVE for them to do it. This move is purely personal. I'd love to own a Tebow Packers jersey. Have him backup Rodgers and play a little H-Back.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After getting a taste of starter and winning a playoff game, I doubt he would like being a back up.
And no. I don't want him here.
Yes, we do need a good back up, but I think we have other priorities and should use those draft picks for those.
Shouldn't we?

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I still can't believe Denver won that playoff game. I know I know the Steelers had injuries. But, come on.....

I think they overlooked Tebow a bit. And based on his last 3 regular season games wasn't everyone? Then they go to NE and get smacked silly.

Tebow ain't coming to GB and he would be a waste of money.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
God no, I don't want Tebow. Fun to watch, but he's terrible at his position. Let him go to Miami. They're desperate for a win, even if it's in name only.

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score

I say no solely on the media circus it would bring. But Tebow could use a few years as a back up.
I would like to see Tebow have a great career in the NFL. I'd like to say yes partially b/c MM said he'd like the chance to coach Tebow but I could do w/o the media circus. But for now I'll say no

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Tebow will land up in Miami if not SF since both of those teams lost out on Manning and SF might be needing a QB if Smith walks. Tebow is an unfortunate byproduct of the Manning situation. As for Tebow coming to GB, we do need a solid backup as we've lost Flynn but I don't think Tebow is the answer. To the contrary, I think he should be a starter for a developing team. I actually liked the progress he was making with the Broncos and was looking forward to what they could do. He was a good fit there.

Here is another thing to consider: The ratio of all these quality QBs floating around the pool and the number of teams that are actually in need of a starting QB. Somebody might be the odd man out and either land up unsigned or playing backup. The Colts releasing Manning has caused a ripple effect. I highly doubt Tebow or even Smith will have a problem but either of them signing for another team means whoever is QB on that team might get the boot and thus be on the market. Certainly this will be one of the most dynamic drafts we've seen in some time.
Smith will resign w/the 9ers. It'd be the worst decesion he makes if he leaves the team to go elsewhere

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've heard that there's a lot of real estate on Mars.
Plenty of opportunities there.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can he play LB?
Good call.
How about safety?

Seriously, maybe he can be an upgrade at OLB from Zombo?
What's Timmy's footspeed?
I'd like him to be the hunter for once instead of the huntee.
Go after the infidels Timmy!
Attack!

Members online

Latest posts