Tebow Better Than Rodgers In Espn's Qbr

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I find ESPN's QBR to be so irrelevant that I could care less. Coming up with some scheme that allows them to "evaluate" everything that a QB does in the game according to a set of numbers plugged into formulas which they then add up: <yawn>.

Who is more likely to go into a game and bring out a win, Tebow or Rodgers? 'nuff said.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I get the feeling Bogart is not too fond of Tebow?

I don't mind the kid, really. He has a ton to work on though. But, the AFC is desperate for a new star, they want it to be Tebow.

Have to admit, he is entertaining to watch. He pretty much runs around aimlessly at times in circles and does the same thing aimlessly throwing at times. You know he is trying though at least. His throws are really ugly. And when he talks I often feel he sounds like he is out of breath. He is a total riot to me.

And these QB rankings by ESPN are pretty irrelevant to me.

Imagine if Tebow beats the Lions? They might give Denver a bye right into the Super Bowl with just 2 wins.

I think he is overrated.

That's the big deal with him.

Overall I can't say I really hate him, but I do hate how they non-stop Tebow media craze. It gets on my nerves, Drew Brees had 5 TD's and 4 Incomplete passes, yet that is ignored because of Tebow. Aaron Rodgers is playing MVP style, none of this is really mentioned.

On ESPN Mobile through my black berry yesterday, 7 out of 13 of the NFL featured articles were about how great Tebow is playing. I mean it's just ******* overkill at this point. I knew he was going to suck, if they want to talk about a young hot gun slinger, look at Andy Dalton, he actually completes his passes, or look at Newton, he also gets hype but he's playing for it.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
You'd be amazed at the Tebow fans....

Sadly one in my very own family got aggressive with me, when I said the fact he can't complete 50% of his passes and got extremely offended by that when I said Rodgers has such a hugh percentage completion rate, I get told how that don't matter, Rodgers don't matter, Tebow's going to be better than him soon to be ***** ROFL

And that is the typical Tebow band wagon.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he is overrated.

That's the big deal with him.

Overall I can't say I really hate him, but I do hate how they non-stop Tebow media craze. It gets on my nerves, Drew Brees had 5 TD's and 4 Incomplete passes, yet that is ignored because of Tebow. Aaron Rodgers is playing MVP style, none of this is really mentioned.

On ESPN Mobile through my black berry yesterday, 7 out of 13 of the NFL featured articles were about how great Tebow is playing. I mean it's just ******* overkill at this point. I knew he was going to suck, if they want to talk about a young hot gun slinger, look at Andy Dalton, he actually completes his passes, or look at Newton, he also gets hype but he's playing for it.

I think he's overrated as well as overexposed. It's not all Tebow's fault, I blame the media for jacking him up. If they make him overconfident, they could be responsible for ruining a prospective great QB.

As for the QBR, I wasn't much a fan of it to begin with and I seldom call on it when discussing stats.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I think he's overrated as well as overexposed. It's not all Tebow's fault, I blame the media for jacking him up. If they make him overconfident, they could be responsible for ruining a prospective great QB.

As for the QBR, I wasn't much a fan of it to begin with and I seldom call on it when discussing stats.

He's a more impressive running back than quarterback, that is as far as I'll go with him.

Phil Simms was talking about Andrew Luck last night on Inside the NFL, quoting he don't think Luck is that good of a passer, he's a better runner. That's how I feel about Tebow, the expectations are so high, and he's never going to live up to it completing 40-45% of his passes. His die hard band wagon fans get so offended when you bring that up and throw it in their face, but "he wins! He wins games!" so does Andy Dalton! Dalton has won more games than Tebow and he has yet to receive any praise! Even though Newton has only won 2 games, his numbers are way better than Tebows as far as completions and TD's.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
***** Dilfer AND Jim McMahon only had rings for playing with a super defense, and for McMahon, he just had to hand the ball off to Walter Payton every down.

Tebow is playing as I expected today, Denver has -7 passing yards total, but even if they bench him, they can't, they have to play him because they decided to bend over for their fans, which will make more excuses for him than any other player in history, oh wait, they depend on ESPN to do that.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still contend that Tebow could be a very good QB, if he spent AT LEAST 3 years in a system that valued his atributes.

But right now he is just awful and should never see the field.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After watching today's game I got to see just how bad Timmy Tbag sucks and is very, very overrated.
I am so gloating over how bad he is.

It also proves once and for all that ESPN is reaching for anything to elevate him by using their own irrelevant QBR.
Sure, he is/was above Rodgers on their rating, but that is the only place he will ever be above Rodgers.
Which is fine with me as long as it's not in a game against the Pack, which I seriously doubt it will ever be.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
After watching today's game I got to see just how bad Timmy Tbag sucks and is very, very overrated.
I am so gloating over how bad he is.

It also proves once and for all that ESPN is reaching for anything to elevate him by using their own irrelevant QBR.
Sure, he is/was above Rodgers on their rating, but that is the only place he will ever be above Rodgers.
Which is fine with me as long as it's not in a game against the Pack, which I seriously doubt it will ever be.
That was one game. Get over it. If you look at were Tebow is today he's no were near the top players.

CarolinaPackerFan

Packers fan in Panthers country
Reaction score
You can't expect too much out of a 2nd year guy passing the ball to Eric Decker and handing it off to no-show and McGahee. I think he needs at least 2 or 3 years to get comfortable. Given the media hype/scrutiny, only time will tell if he gets to play qb that long, though.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That was one game. Get over it. If you look at were Tebow is today he's no were near the top players.
Precisely, but then again it was one game that Tebow had a better QBR than Rodgers according to ESPN's rather complicated evaluation scheme that, when analyzed, would probably reveal some bias in the way things were weighted. Folks went ape$hit over Tebow because of one game. That's just as silly as saying he's trash because of one game.

Reaction score
best part was when the lions were doing the "tebow" pose after sacking him.
Should be fun watching Skip on First Take today, a week after saying tim tebow is better than joe flacco or that tony romo has a "clutch gene".

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
best part was when the lions were doing the "tebow" pose after sacking him.
Should be fun watching Skip on First Take today, a week after saying tim tebow is better than joe flacco or that tony romo has a "clutch gene".

Skip Bayless is a *******, I actually think ESPN hired him to have a bigger ******* than all the other ********* on that channel.

Here's an interesting article on all of the media hype surrounding Tebow. Apparently the broadcasters just can't say enough about him.

http://kansascity.sbnation.com/2011...s-national-media-love-fest-as-seen-in-numbers

Now that is just sad, very very sad that talent like Stafford gets over shadowed by someone that under performs.

Even today I had to hear it at work, mostly Alabama fans laughing about it, then the usual "it wasn't his fault" starting coming in.

This here quote, is awful when considering how great the other quarterback played vs Tebow

During the Denver Broncos blowout loss to the Detroit Lions, Tim Tebow was mentioned by name 140 times, which was 39 more times than both Matthew Stafford and Calvin Johnson combined

Reminds me of when we played Denver, and that's all they talked about him sitting on the sidelines.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's an interesting article on all of the media hype surrounding Tebow. Apparently the broadcasters just can't say enough about him.

http://kansascity.sbnation.com/2011...s-national-media-love-fest-as-seen-in-numbers

I half wonder if the broadcasters are not told to hype a certain player by their higher ups. First we had Cam Newton, then Tebow, now they are starting to get on with Ponder. I don't mind them hyping these guys up to give them a little spotlight but I think they went into overkill with Tebow. The problem is, when Tebow proves to be not as great as the hype as in the Lions game, his failure is also magnified the same as his hype.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The theory is simple, if you are an athlete that is struggling, the announcers will generally turn their attention away from you. However, this is different. Seemingly Tebow is still mentioned much more nationally than Cam Newton, and unjustly so. Though Newton's Carolina Panthers are just 2-6, Newton has 2,103 yards passing and 266 yards rushing through a half season. Peyton Manninghad 3,730 yards passing as a rookie, a mark that Newton is on pace to break. Manning currently holds the NFL record for a rookie.
Tebow and Newton each won a Heisman Trophy, they each won a National Championship. Yet Newton's superb rookie season thus far takes the backseat to Tebow who has a 48.1 pass completion percentage so far in 14 NFL games (five starts). Newton has nearly twice as many passing yards in arguably similar playing time.

The only way the media love fest for Tbag will die down is

when he starts playing badly, quits or the fans give up on him.

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
I like that the media is all nuts about Newton and Tbow and Ponder... Gives Rodgers more motivation to keep his thing rolling and to continue to prove people otherwise.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
He shouldn't have been near any top players at any time.
For one game any QB can out up big numbers. To keep on harping about one game is foolish. If McNabb got stoned and came out and went 15/18 300 yards and 4 TD's he would be the top QB in the league for one day. It does not mean I would still want him out there every week. It's what a QB does over a period of time that matters. That's why I don't understand so many Packer fans getting their ******* in a bunch about that one game. Look at Ponder, he has more 3rd down completions for 1st downs in two games than McNabb had in 5. I just don't know were McNabb will play next year if at all.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I was pretty neutral on the Tebow thing but lmao. He can be so God awful.

I remember when Vince Young was new and the first few years I had to hear every week "Vince Young is a winner. He just wins." I wanted to bang my head against a wall at times.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I was pretty neutral on the Tebow thing but lmao. He can be so God awful.

I remember when Vince Young was new and the first few years I had to hear every week "Vince Young is a winner. He just wins." I wanted to bang my head against a wall at times.

***** and where is Vince Young now? Oh I forgot...Mr Dream Team is riding the bench.

Vince Young was very overrated, sort of like Tebow but I think Tebow goes down as one of the worst performances by a quarterback I have ever seen. Then I go to work and have to hear it "You just say that because your a Bama fan blah blah blah" but stats don't lie...

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score

Members online

Latest posts