1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Teaser - Big changes coming for PackerForum.com...

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by Ryan, Sep 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Working out the final bugs on the new interface, some theming issues etc, but some good things are in the works!

I did a practice rollover last night on my test server and it went pretty smooth.

Stay Tuned...

p.s. Slick may even like my new header logo... :shock:

2. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    eager to see em ryan

3. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Alright Ryan! I was wondering how come we haven't seen more of you in the past while, and now we know. Can't wait.

4. eastcoastpacker

eastcoastpacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    You are doing a heck of a job here, Ryan. Thanks for everything you have on here.I come on here and post some of the time,but read it a couple of times a day!! :thumbsup: :joy: :jumpsmile: :beer: :kickcan:

5. rabidgopher04

rabidgopher04 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Good. I'm excited for a new look. This place could use a fresh makeover.

Do you have any screenshots?

6. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Here is a shot of the main page. It will have different blocks, news articles, the schedule, links, etc etc etc... I would give you a shot of the forums but I don't have our current data uploaded into them yet. I also an still working out the bugs in it's theming. The colors are jacked... If I can't get them worked out quickly I may move us over and it will be a work in progress, we'll see.

7. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    That's definately a good begining to build on. Is that phpnuke? cpg? e107? post nuke? or something u conjured up urself?

8. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    hybrid... cpg (dragonfly) and a little programming of my own. We'll see how it goes... I did a test conversion of phpbb over to their flavor of phpbb and it went well, just need to work out some theme problems. We'll see how it goes.

9. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    Yep the theme needs some work but its a really good start. I cant wait to see it. two of my most recent sites i did were off the phpnuke theme set which is very fun to play with. many many options because of how large the php nuke community is.

10. Philtration

Philtration Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +9
    I think that it looks pretty good. The graphics and layout are better. The dark green look of the current version gets a little hard to look at after a while.

11. rabidgopher04

rabidgopher04 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Portals all look the same. Is there a way to make it look a little more unique? Good start though.

IMHO I like that this goes straight to the forums instead of having some other homepage.

12. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    agreed

13. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Easy enough, I can (or you can bookmark it as) set the new site to open the forum directly instead of a "new" style page etc.

14. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Looks pretty cool. Laid out like packers.com.

15. NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    I like the new look Ryan.

16. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Glad to hear it ND. I got 95% of the theme issues worked out today, at work :) hehe... love my job. Anyway I have a couple little things to get corrected before we use it, but it should be coming to a packerforum.com near you soon.

17. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,019
    Ryan, I love the old and the new at each of the top corners. How about adding Reggie?? He'll definitely go down as one of the greatest Packers ever. Good job!

18. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    are you leaving the banner on the new one like it is? r u gonna have open spots in the corners?

19. CalifPacker

CalifPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Hey Ryan,

It looks real sharp. You did a great job blending the 60's Championship era with the current times as well. Nice layout!

20. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Yup depending on your resolution there will be gaps. I am programming it for 800w (x600) as then people won't have to scroll. The banner is set to float on center. If you use something crazy big (like you and I) there will be gaps, but most everything else will fit on your screen with ease.

21. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks JBlood. Good suggestion. I will be installing a mod that will rotate that image at the top so I will see if I can work #92 into the next one that I create.

Or if slick wants to start creating some to rotate through (or anyone that feels they can make a decent banner - mine suck I know, but I get to put mine up as I own the place :p) feel free to do so. Create them 800x140. Or if you do a transparent (or green #003300) background they don't have to be square, do whatever you want :)

22. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    Use percent instead of 800 for width. Takes a quality image to pull that off. You can also keep the banner the same size and have a repeating border on the sides that duplicate depending on the resolution its being viewed on.

Takes more work, but its definetly worth it. IF you don't like gaps all over. A faded background of the packer G could be cool too.

I guess with my whining im tryin to say, plz dont leave gaps lets keep this stuff perrrrrty heh

23. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    Jus caught my name in the other post. We could make in effect 16 different banners. one for each match up with a star player from each team

24. PackerCoz

PackerCoz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    It looks great Ryan, and I look forward to the new "scenery"... Thanks for the hard work you do... I am sure all of us appreciate it... :beer:

25. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8

ahh yes ryan im sure you know this already but i do appreciate your effort and dedication ... dont let my opinions/suggestions side track you to think i dont :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.