1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Team with a losing record that still has a shot at the playoffs

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by ColtsSeahawks, Oct 27, 2009.

1. ColtsSeahawks

ColtsSeahawks Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok so I thought I would see some of your guys opinion's..... Out of all the teams right now to have a losing record.... Which has the best shot of making the playoffs....

Ill go first :p

Ok as a die hard Seahawks fan I have to go with the Hawks lol.... It seems there is one thing the Seahawks cant get this year and its LUCK!!! They have been destroyed with injuries yet again, 2 horribly missed field goals against the Bears that could have taken the game into over time and won it.... And now the Cards beating the Giants.... I really was looking forward to the Giants taking down the Cards so the Hawks chances of winning the division would still be high, but now there is still a chance.... but that chance is so damn small you would need a microscope to see it.... None the less I believe the Hawks can beat Dallas next week in Dallace and get back on a winning streak I hope.

And my final pick I am going with the Miami Dolphins: They are still a very good team, and they are 2-4 now I think.... It really comes down to if they can beat the Patriots or not... If they can beat the Patriots they actually have a good shot of winning that division... They have already beaten the Bills and Jets. This is a good team that has lost some very close games. A play here or there and they could easily be 5-2 right now rather then 2-4.

So anyway there you have it.... 2 teams with a 2-4 record that I think can still win their division..... Its a long shot, but I wouldnt be surprised... Its the NFL and anything can happen.. In 07 Seattle started the season off very poorly, only to win 5 straight games and finish with a 10-6 record... To win that division I think all it will take is a 8-8 or 9-7 record.

The Dolphins have it much harder as the Pats are already 5-2 so I am thinking at least 11-5 to win that division again.

2. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +113
    The Dolphins could easily make the playoffs' although it will be difficult without Pennington at QB.

3. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    I thought coming into the season, the Seahawks were the favorite to win the West. The reason they went so bad last year was that they were completely depleted by injuries, including their starting, pro bowl QB.

But they just have no running game to speak of, and though Kerney is getting back to shape, their DL can't hold it.
    -
    About the teams, yeah, it's pretty much both of them that still have a chance. I don't think any of those will make it, though. Arizona is building momentum, and will probably finish first in the West, and the wilcard will be just too competitive for any NFC West team. And the Dolphins have the Patriots and the Jets to worry about. And one of the thoughest schedules in the league.

4. Green_Bay_Packers

Ratings:
    +113
    Jets they aren't amazing there good but not amazing. The Seahawks have never been the same without Alexender at running back they havent had a good Running game since he stopped playing.

5. ColtsSeahawks

ColtsSeahawks Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Agreed the Seahawks are not the same..... Last year was just terrible.... I think they had the worst o line in the entire NFL!! The only reason it didnt seem as bad as it was, is because Wallace could scramble like crazy and leave the pocket and avoid getting sacked.... Didnt help nothing because he would just throw a pick or something stupid like that.

Again this year now they have Hasselbeck back Im glad but against Arizona he spent more time on his a** then he did on his feet.... THey really have to do something about that o line... Hasselbeck is not a Aaron Rodgers, he is ok at passing out of the pocket but not great.... And Dallas will terror that o line apart. That is my main worry.

None the less if the Hawks can avoid stupid mistakes like fumbling the kick off against Arizona and then Hasselbeck fumbling the ball.... They should be able to give Dallas a game depending how Romo plays.

And agreed no chance the Hawks will get a wild card.... WAY to competitive... Look at Philly, Dallas, Green Bay, even Chicago.... The only way the Hawks will get into the playoffs is by winning that division.

Miami might still get into the playoffs through a wildcard though....

6. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    One AFC wildcard will come from the AFC North. I'm willing to bet on it. The other is up for grabs, but IMO it's between the 3rd North team, the Patriots, Jets, Dolphins, San Diego, and maybe Houston.

7. Green_Bay_Packers

Ratings:
    +113
    I agree with that list, Can San Diego still win the AFC west or is it going to be hard to make those 3 games back? There divison record is 2-1 compared with Denver who are 2-0

8. ColtsSeahawks

ColtsSeahawks Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I cant see San Diego winning the division.... Coming into this year I thought Denver would be the worst team in NFL and now they are one of the best.... They are undefeated and pretty much kicked the Chargers a** from beginning to finish.... If San Diego does not win the division they will not get a wild card spot either....

There are to many other powerful teams in the AFC right now that are just far better then the Chargers.... Bengals, Ravens, (I think the Jets but that can be argued), and the Texans. San Diego is still a good team but with Denver looking the way they are I just cant see San Diego winning anything.

Every year that team starts off slow and comes back to bite them.... I know everyone says its not how you start, its how you finish.... But when you start the season off in the hole and 3 or 4 games under your division rival there is so much pressure to win games which can throw you off alot.

9. Green_Bay_Packers

Ratings:
    +113
    Hmmm So you think that Chargers season is already done?

10. ColtsSeahawks

ColtsSeahawks Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Im going with yes. This is not the same Denver team as last year, they wont fall apart... They are 6-0 right now I believe. They are a strong team that has beaten the likes of the Patriots, Chargers, and Dallas... I cant see the Chargers catching up. But who knows maybe a 10-6 will get a wild card spot in the playoffs which the Chargers are capable of doing. It will be close but from where i stand with teams like Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Bengals, Houston even the Jets I just cant see the Chargers making a post season run but they shocked me last year so it could happen.

11. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +473
    Does .500 count?

If so, i'll take Baltimore.