Team Personality

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Herky Jerky, Spit-n-Sputter, Fly-n-Flutter. All good little quips that desribe the 2006 version of the Green Bay Packers. What they are is better than 2005 but a far cry from the hay days.

Even Favre takes on this personality of Jeckyl and Hyde. One week looking straight up awesome. The next week cough cough cough. Like a Corvette that has been in storage too long trying to get the gunk out of the engine is taking a long time.

But the perplexing part is the places the team is losing. Alot of teams would kill for thier away record of 4-3. Imagine what this team would be looking like if they could have gotten back a couple of those home loses to the Saints and Rams.

I think for the most part if you look at this team on the road they appear to be loose and ready for a rumble. At home they are uptight and look like a ball of nervous energy. Nobody can get into the game and they appear to be overthinking everything. Even the coach looks that way.

Even Favre was the first to admit that he screwed up LOTS today by throwing to the wrong team and giving the Lions the idea for 3.5 quarters that they could completely destroy the Packers season. When Favre plays within MM scheme you see a totally differant team. When Favre gets uptight and begins to press whether the result of bad play of recievers or his own bad things happen. Favre can play thats forsure. We need the Favre of Holgrem who played under control and took his shots when they came.

Hopefully this team can take the one positive out of this game that the defense carried them.

In short this team is young and talented and that can sometimes cause trouble. Like trying to tune that long dormant Vette sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt. A few more peices and this team will be ready to roll with or without Favre. ( I do hope he comes back to the Pack) The Packers recieving corps will be very nice next year and actually likely on of the best with 3 quality recievers. I do think KR will have his turn around year in 07. DD will be DD and GJ will just be getting better.

My Player of the Game:
Verand Morency :thumbsup: (Give him the love of two TD runs that were straight up awesome)
Goats of the Game :
Tight Ends (Your job is red zone production DUH)
Most Improved at home:
Mike McCarthy (for lighting a little fire on Favre for bad throws and decisions .Giving fire to the run game) :cheerleader:

Try? There is no try there is only do or do not

YODA ( He rocks)

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's hard to disagree with your statement that the team and Favre have been up-and-down this season. And I do think they are coming out tight at home. They look like they have less fun playing in Lambeau.

I'm not sure the receiving corps will be good next year. I feel good about Driver and Jennings, but it's nothing but question marks after that. If Koren Robinson's career thus far has taught us anything, it's that he is not a player who can be relied on. They will need to draft or acquire at least one more good receiver.

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didnt really see Brett playing tight today. I saw a bunch of tight ends and running backs that couldnt catch a pass.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I didnt really see Brett playing tight today. I saw a bunch of tight ends and running backs that couldnt catch a pass.

For the most part you are correct, but there were SOME plays where he looked a little up tight...Maybe uptight isnt the correct word, more like pressing..The one near the enzone where he threw it with 3 lion defenders, and MM was just shaking his head after wards is the one that stands out..

But I mentioned in another thread, the ups n downs of this team probably can be explained as them being young...I expect to see a more consistent team week in and week out next year.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts