Team Hotel In Atlanta?

Rick Watson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If anyone has any knowledge of where the team is staying in Atlanta? Going to the game - going to be a good time! Always a chance to encounter a player or two walking about the hotel. Thanks!

OP
OP
R

Rick Watson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
went to the game in charlotte was common knowledge amongst fans downtown that the team was at the four seasons. ran into the entire defensive backfield at ruths chris. go to more road games than home games. players always friendly to fans on the road in my experience. even doug collins will sign an autograph if u ask him!

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Never underestimate hotel staff and keeping secrets. WE ARE GOOD AT IT. The NFL and other organizations like to keep a low profile and for a hotel its a big contract, lots of money, so they don't want to spill the beans. Here is a random fact though, John Elway would book 5 rooms to every hotel he would go to before a game. He would book his room, the one above and the one below just to keep his focus and quietness so he could sleep.

OP
OP
R

Rick Watson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ummm thanks I guess? for all the years I lived in Green Bay it was not a secret that visiting teams stayed at the Paper Valley in Appleton. I'd bet they still do. I respect industry secrets, but hotel, team, and nfl security staff are going to make sure nobody is running up and down the hallway knocking on doors. I'm just wondering where they are at because they WILL go out to dinner Saturday night in Atlanta, especially seeing how they can sleep in Sunday morning!

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is a reason this information is not made public knowledge. If it was, everybody and their brother would be haunting the hell out of the hotel. If you're good at guessing, that's one thing, but no team should release this information. It's a security/ privacy breech. If I were on the security staff, that info would be wrapped up tight. I'd even cause a diversion if it were a rival city to throw people off the scent. Player's and the staff's safety comes first.

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Never underestimate hotel staff and keeping secrets. WE ARE GOOD AT IT. The NFL and other organizations like to keep a low profile and for a hotel its a big contract, lots of money, so they don't want to spill the beans. Here is a random fact though, John Elway would book 5 rooms to every hotel he would go to before a game. He would book his room, the one above and the one below just to keep his focus and quietness so he could sleep.

you forgot to mention the room on either side of his original room :)

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Visiting teams for Green Bay always stay at the same place downtown Appleton; about 30 min. from Green Bay. There's always a crowd waiting for autographs.

I'm surprised to hear they do that, it wouldn't be happening on my watch. I'm a bit of a security freak, though. Ninja Kitten will protect you! :ninja:

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
What did he do with the other 2 rooms?? lol..
@ John Elway.... wouldn't it be cheaper to invest in a pair of earplugs like everyone else??
(like John is going to see this, just didn't want you to think I was attacking you! :p)

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score
I'm surprised to hear they do that, it wouldn't be happening on my watch. I'm a bit of a security freak, though. Ninja Kitten will protect you! :ninja:
To be honest, there really aren't too many places to chose from here in our litttle community. Like I said, they always stay in Appleton, not in Green Bay. Maybe there is a stonger Ninja Kitten force in Appleton.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
To be honest, there really aren't too many places to chose from here in our litttle community. Like I said, they always stay in Appleton, not in Green Bay. Maybe there is a stonger Ninja Kitten force in Appleton.

LOL, I thought about the lack of places they could stay after I posted. I have to keep reminding myself that GB is little, not some big city like Philly where you can easily hide an entire league of football players pretty much in plain sight.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
I envision the fans cheering them on and not mobbing the poor guys!

I would hope if its well known, there is a level of privacy and respect that is due, and given!

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score

I would hope if its well known, there is a level of privacy and respect that is due, and given!

That may be so in GB, but in Philly they don't really let you know. You'd be better off asking where the missiles are buried.

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score

Stories I've heard have all been of warm welcome. Although I have heard of some after-game mooning incidents around Lambeau Field. (insert mooning smiley here)

Members online