1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Team Evaluation

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by wpr, Jan 1, 2007.

1. wpr

wpr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    With all the talk about Brett yesterday and today I have not sween much talk about the team it self.

Game 1- Sept 7 Chi 26-GB 0

Rushing 109-103
    Passing 252-164
    Total 361- 267
    1st Downs 18-14
    3rd Down Efficiency 4-14 vs. 1-11
    Turnovers 1-3
    TOP 34:05- 25:55

Game 16- Dec 31 GB 26- Chi 7
    Rushing 97-135
    Passing 276-181
    Total 373-316
    1st Downs 3rd down efficiency 11-20 vs. 2-13
    Turnovers 1-6
    TOP 36:56-23:04

Do you think GB really improved that much this year or dispite the fact that the Bears starters were on the field did the Bears sort of mail it in a bit since there was nothing at stake?

2. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    That MUCH, not really.

Did we improve? Hell yes.

The Bears were playing to win. No doubt about it. They were always playing to NOT get hurt.

I don't think the Packers are a better team than the Bears. Last night we were though.

Any team who plays mistake free will beat the Bears.

3. 4thand26

4thand26 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Good post.

4. packedhouse01

packedhouse01 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Well here it is. I think the Packers defense is much improved and a quality defense will always keep you in the game. The problem with the Packers all season long hasn't been getting in the red zone, it's scoring in the red zone. Our offense has a ways to go, but yeah, I think right now we're a better team than the Bears, not a more talented team, but a better team.

5. Cliff

Cliff Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

The Packers are 2-14 vs winning teams over the past 2 seasons. The 2 wins both came on the final week of the season vs NFC teams who had wrapped up HFA throughout the playoffs and had absolutely nothing to play for.

The Bears couldn't have cared less about yesterdays game.

6. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    That was very disrespectful.

Lovie Smith and his team said it was important to win this game to have positive motementum going into the playoffs.

His team and players said they were playing this game to win, regardless of playoff implications.

Smoke on that.

7. Cliff

Cliff Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Wrong, Lovie Smith said it was important to win this game to have positive motementum going into the playoffs. Lovie Smith doesn't play on the field, the players do.

8. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    Oh, in that case. Yes, I'm wrong. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

9. Cliff

Cliff Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Zero, I'm proud of you! It takes a man to admit he is wrong. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

10. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    You said the same thing I did. Someone tell you ryan is gone so you jus start being a prick?

Bears WANTED to win. They played to win, they also played not to injure themselves.

Bottom line, Packers won, Bears didn't. Packers are going in the right direction. Fans should be excited. Not ridiculed (such as you are doing) for being pleased with their team.

11. Cliff

Cliff Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I just never found any use for pretending. The Packers are what they are, a team who can beat up on the losing teams and can not match up to winning teams in the NFL. Of course unless the team has wrapped up HFA and has nothing to play for.

Wow, aren't you the delicate little rosebud. You must smell so sweet. :rotflmao:

12. umair

umair Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    the bears played nickle d and that shows that they really wanted to win the game.

yea im sure they dont care about beating the team they hate most. :roll:

all of the starters where in the game the whole first half, the only reason they did come out was because that game was over. we where ripping the bears apart.

13. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8

well said

14. Cliff

Cliff Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    What Duh Packer fans say now, "Yeah, bring on da Patriots (35-0) and da Jets (38-10) we'll kick there a$$es now!!! You saw what we did to da Bears."

15. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    What does this have to do with the topic of "Team Evaluation"? Keep it on topic.

16. P@ck66

P@ck66 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +0
    Hmmmm...Now..what does this remind me of...??

Oh yeah..this...

[​IMG]

"The Bears are who we thought they were...Now if you want to crown 'em..Then go ahead and crown their ***"....

(This is why like Denny Green..)

17. umair

umair Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    from week one-week 17 we improved just on the d side of the ball and thats the side of the ball tt spent the most money on.

this year i would think he will work on sp teams and o.

we should be a pretty good team next season(if brett comes back)

i see no reason why we shouldent be good next season if favre comes back. we know exactly what we need to work on to become a good team.