Team Dedication

H

HardRightEdge

The Broncos' rule infractions may have been as bad as they first appear. But as a Packer fan, I don't feel it's my job to point that out :)
The comment was made that a team cannot exceed the cap. Somebody cracked, "unless you are the Broncos".

I merely pointed out Denver did not exceed the cap and it isn't possible to do so since the NFL reviews every contract. It is not an honor system. Rather, the Broncos illegally deferred payments through side deals. There is a factual distinction whether you perceive it or not.

While Rodgers' extension was pending, somebody here proposed they sign him to a PR contract or the like to take affect after he retires with that future pay in lieu of player salary. I pointed out at the time that would be illegal.

These kinds of side deals are by their nature intended to be secret, like any crime, and may remain undiscovered. There may be some in place now. How do you know the Packers don't have one now?

You don't have to be a Packer fan to know Denver engaged in a serious rule infraction nor do you need to point out to me that it is.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The comment was made that a team cannot exceed the cap. Somebody cracked, "unless you are the Broncos".

I merely pointed out Denver did not exceed the cap and it isn't possible to do so since the NFL reviews every contract. It is not an honor system. Rather, the Broncos illegally deferred payments through side deals. There is a factual distinction whether you perceive it or not.

While Rodgers' extension was pending, somebody here proposed they sign him to a PR contract or the like to take affect after he retires with that future pay in lieu of player salary. I pointed out at the time that would be illegal.

These kinds of side deals are by their nature intended to be secret, like any crime, and may remain undiscovered. There may be some in place now. How do you know the Packers don't have one now?

You don't have to be a Packer fan to know Denver engaged in a serious rule infraction nor do you need to point out to me that it is.
Actually he probably did since most fans knew exactly what he was getting at when he made his initial comment . And you had to come back with some quip about their current cap space.

It wasn’t a brief meant for court either, just a jab at a team that beat us in a super bowl while skirting rules that at the time it appears you didn’t get hence your initial response which is odd considering the latest showing just how much you remember about that incident 20 yeas ago.

Or did it take a few weeks to read up on it?

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was the one who made that crack. I thought it was pretty funny actually.
Maybe the Broncos didn't exceed the cap, but they were guilty of salary cap violations.

I wasn't trying to prove you wrong on any issue. As Mondio noted, it was just a dig at the Broncos who beat us in the Super Bowl.

H

HardRightEdge

Actually he probably did since most fans knew exactly what he was getting at when he made his initial comment . And you had to come back with some quip about their current cap space.

It wasn’t a brief meant for court either, just a jab at a team that beat us in a super bowl while skirting rules that at the time it appears you didn’t get hence your initial response which is odd considering the latest showing just how much you remember about that incident 20 yeas ago.

Or did it take a few weeks to read up on it?
Oh, we're actually quoting the post we're responding to now? Novel. It took about two minutes to find a link to refresh my memory. I don't carry around excuses for losing. Try it some time...links and the not carrying around part.

I do recall Denver's O-Line had a reputation of dirty chop blocks, since made illegal, which might also serve as excuse. Some other team might have a Tape Gate Part II excuse.

Last edited by a moderator:

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do recall Denver's O-Line had a reputation of dirty chop blocks, since made illegal, which might also serve as excuse. Some other team might have a Tape Gate Part II excuse.
I think you're taking this way too seriously. My original comment was a joke, with some basis in fact.
Accept it in that spirit.

Yes, the Broncos beat us fair and square. I've always said that. Doesn't mean I can't take a jab at them, or the Bears, or the Vikings, or any other team I'm not a fan of.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think you're taking this way too seriously. My original comment was a joke, with some basis in fact.

Yes, the Broncos beat us fair and square. I've always said that. Doesn't mean I can't take a jab at them, or the Bears, or the Vikings, or any other team I'm not a fan of.
That could be said over and over and over. I thought it was rather obvious and it was also rather obvious "the smartest guy in the room" didn't get it. At all, hence his Vikings and Falcons mumbo jumbo about salary cap. 2 weeks later, it finally hits him so he goes looking for a reason to prove he was "right" with yet another Packer Forum novel LOL

one more time for good measure as said by rmontro

Members online

Latest posts