Team Awards

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here are my awards for the Packers this year:

MVP: Aaron Rodgers - If there was any doubt to his value, all you have to do is see what happens when he's gone.

Defensive POY: AJ Hawk - he was the ONLY constant on a defense that was decimated by injuries at nearly every other position at some point in the year.

Offensive POY: Jordy Nelson - the only skills player on offense to play the whole season and had a career high in catches and yards. Combined with Rodgers, he's virtually unstoppable. Probably would have had 100+ catches, 1600+ yards and 14 TDs had Rodgers not gotten hurt.

Rookie of the Year: Eddie Lacy - no contest. There are about 20 teams kicking themselves for not drafting him. Can't remember the last time an offensive rookie played so well for us.

Special Teams POY: Micah Hyde. Brought sure hands, stability and some occasional excitement to an otherwise uninspiring special teams.

Breakout POY: Jarrett Boykin - 49 catches and 630 yards in 8 starts. Going to be a great player for us.

Comeback POY: Mason Crosby - 89.8% and 5 of 7 beyond 50 yards. TOTALLY redeemed himself this year. Glad the Packers had the guts to stick with him. Earned back his his entire salary and it was well-deserved.

Defensive Turd Award: BJ Raji - did he have a tackle this year? (Barely edged out MD Jennings. Jeron McMilian would have won if he hadn't been cut.) He's a free agent. LET HIM GO!

Offensive Turd Award: No deserving candidates - normally this award would go to Marshall Newhouse, but he didn't play enough to fulfill his potential here.

Bignutz

I'm a victim of coicumstances!
Reaction score
I'd go ahead and give it to Newhouse. The guy sucks.

OP
OP
GoPGo

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tried to think of some kind of award for Flynn but came up empty. Any ideas?

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Daniels DPOY. Newhouse had enough snaps to qualify for OTOY, he gets it unless you give it to Raji. Flynn is definitely runner up on CPOY.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd agree with Daniels as DPOY. I guess debating between whether Hawk or Mike Daniels was our best defensive player this year tells you about all there is to know about our performance on defense this year.

I like Daniels a lot, though. The Cullen Jenkins comparisons definitely fit.

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really like Daniels, he is a real up and comer and quickly becoming my favorite defensive player.
But..... I'll go with Hawk as DPOY.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts