1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

teacher died when she left Lambeau field!!!!

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by JoshTheChild, Jan 23, 2008.

1. JoshTheChild

JoshTheChild Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    GREEN BAY, Wis. -

An autopsy is planned for Tuesday to determine what killed an elementary school principal as she left Lambeau Field on Sunday.

Jennifer Semmann, 43, of Grafton, collapsed Sunday as she was leaving the NFC championship game, Brown County Medical Examiner Al Klimek said.

Semmann, principal for the last seven years at MacArthur Elementary School in Germantown, had no significant medical history and was sitting in indoor skybox seats.

“She wasn’t exposed to the elements,” Klimek said. “She was exiting the stadium after the game and just went down. We have to figure out what happened here.”

Germantown School District Superintendent Dr. Victor Rossetti said Semmann has a husband and two daughters. He described her as a warm woman who was dedicated to children and education.

“If you would have known Jennifer, or if you would have seen her working, you would have thought, ‘She’s not working, she’s just having fun,’ ” he said. “She was just enjoying herself. She loved what she did, and I think that’s what made her so outstanding.”

Ashwaubenon Public Safety Cmdr. Jim Skorczewski said medical personnel were dispatched at 10:24 p.m. When public-safety crews arrived three minutes later, Semmann wasn’t breathing and didn’t have a pulse.

Skorczewski said medical personnel faced serious challenges because of the cold.
    Oxygen masks and devices use to help the patient breathe froze, and rescue workers — working without winter gloves — lost dexterity as their fingers became numb.

Skorczewski said Semmann’s condition did not change while rescuers were on scene.

2. yooperfan

yooperfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    43 is too young to go, but I can't think of a better way.
    To simply drop dead on the hallowed grounds of Lambeau Field, no doctors,hospitals or suffering involved, that's how I'd like to go.

3. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +113
    Awww RIP my thoughts go out to her family

4. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Wow....thats sad. I bet it was a heart attack or something like that.

5. Heatherthepackgirl

Heatherthepackgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    This is so sad and only to be 43 thats way to young. This is why we have to cherish each and every day.

6. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    She was my age too.

7. joym13

joym13 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    How tragic for her family!

8. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +113
    your only 43???? :shock:

9. CaliforniaCheez

CaliforniaCheez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    It warms my heart to hear everyone say 43 is young.

I haven't seen the results of the autopsy made public. Any updates??

Emotions can play havoc on your health and there certainly was emotion all that day and then the unthinkable end to the game.

God called her home for a reason.