Teach me to be a Packers fan

43Hitman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
and then he can point out Lebeau's first defensive coaching job was with the packers.

Sure was, and he was a DB for the Lions and I believe he is still top 10 all time in interceptions. He finally got into the Hall this year as a DB. Lots of connections between these teams. Dom Capers was the DC of Pittsburgh in the 90's but left to build the new expansion team Jags and promptly took them to the AFC championship game in their inaugural season. I am really looking forward to this game. Win or lose, I plan on enjoying the game because it could be the last game we see for awhile. I've already promised my family that I won't be my usual vocal and excitable self. For a little while at least. lol. good luck to you guys.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I developed a flow chart to help people with this very thing. Here you go:

HOW TO BECOME A PACKER FAN
1. Are you a Viking or Bears Fan? If no, go to step 3
2. Remove head from ***
3. Procure Cheese, bratwurst, and beer (Both kinds are fine, Miller or Leinies)
4. Cook the brats on a grill
5. Read about a dozen Lombardi quotes - commit to memory
6. Place large wedge of foam cheese on your head
7. Watch the Pack play
8. Follow your team on Packerforum.com
9. At least once in your lifetime - make the pilgrimage to Lambeau for a game

43Hitman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I developed a flow chart to help people with this very thing. Here you go:

HOW TO BECOME A PACKER FAN
1. Are you a Viking or Bears Fan? If no, go to step 3
2. Remove head from ***
3. Procure Cheese, bratwurst, and beer (Both kinds are fine, Miller or Leinies)
4. Cook the brats on a grill
5. Read about a dozen Lombardi quotes - commit to memorization
6. Place large wedge of foam cheese on your head
7. Watch the Pack play
8. Follow your team on Packerforum.com
9. At least once in your lifetime - make the pilgrimage to Lambeau for a game

haha thats good. You should use power point and do a graphical version of this.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sure was, and he was a DB for the Lions and I believe he is still top 10 all time in interceptions. He finally got into the Hall this year as a DB. Lots of connections between these teams. Dom Capers was the DC of Pittsburgh in the 90's but left to build the new expansion team Jags and promptly took them to the AFC championship game in their inaugural season. I am really looking forward to this game. Win or lose, I plan on enjoying the game because it could be the last game we see for awhile. I've already promised my family that I won't be my usual vocal and excitable self. For a little while at least. lol. good luck to you guys.

Kevin Greene and Coach McCarthy also have steeler connections. Lots and lots of connections like you said.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackersRS....you were raised different than I was....grill the brats in beer? What I learned growing up was that you grill the brats, then let them marinate in a tub of hot beer.
Lol yeah, I meant that.

I've only tasted it once so I don't know how to do it exactly.

I was raised with churrasco and macarronada...

EJ Blitz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bandwagoner here checking in, and taking notes. Well I've just been watching the NFL for about 2 years now.

BadKarma

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kevin Greene and Coach McCarthy also have steeler connections. Lots and lots of connections like you said.
Mike McCarthy, Green Bay Head coach => born/grew up in Pittsburgh, Univ Pittsburgh Quarterback Coach 1989-1991, Univ Pittsburgh Wide Receiver Coach 1992

Tom Clements, Green Bay Quarterback Coach => Pittsburgh Steelers Quarterback Coach 2001-2004

Dom Capers, Green Bay Defensive Coordinator => Pittsburgh Steelers Defensive Coordinator 1992-1994

Kevin Greene, Green Bay Outside Linebackers Coach => Pittsburgh Steelers Linebacker 1993-1995

Darren Perry, Green Bay Safeties Coach => Pittsburgh Steelers Safety 1992–1998, Pittsburgh Steelers Asst Defensive Backs Coach 2003, Defensive Backs Coach 2004-2006

Scott McCurley, Green Bay Defensive Quality Control Coach => born 50mi from Pittsburgh, Univ Pittsburgh Linebacker

Shawn Slocum, Green Bay Special Teams Coach => Univ Pittsburgh Defense Coach 1990

arrimike

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yell at the top of your lungs if a Packer makes a bad play... yell at the top of your lungs when we have a big play... Yell at the top of your lungs to SHOVE IT IN YOUR FRIENDS FACE WHEN WE WIN!!!!!!

Thats just my advice though...

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well I hope the OP comes back here to check in and let's us know how it's going or went.

Members online

No members online now.