Teach me to be a Packers fan

Soc12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So here's the deal, I am a hardcore Redskins fan, but this Sunday I am going to be throwing a Packers themed Super Bowl party. The reason for doing so is I can not stand the Steelers or Steelers fans. For some reason northern VA seems to have more Steelers fans than Redskins fans and that really ****** me off.

One of my good friends who is going to be attending the party is a "hardcore Steelers fan". The reason I put that into quotations is because last year he was a "hardcore Saints fan". There is nothing that I would hate more than for him to be happy at another Super Bowl. He doesn't know that the party is going to be Packer themed.

Here is where I need help from you guys. I don't need help just for decorating for a Packers party, I really want to know how to be a Packers fan. For instance, every time Chris Cooley makes a play everyone yells "COOOOOOLEYYYYY" and every time the Redskins score we sing "Hail to the Redskins." Are there any things like this that I could do during the game?

Any advice on how to transform the party into a true Packers party will be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks and GO PACK!

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chant the Packers chant which is "Go Pack Go!"

Yell "Kuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhn!" whenever running back John Kuhn gets the ball no matter how many yards he gains.

You do know that our colors are green and gold (yellow), right? So buy green and yellow streamers, ballons and other party decorations and go nuts with those.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThbMmqJBB0Q&feature=related"]YouTube - Go Pack Go (Go BEARS Go)[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgWbY543DUE&feature=related"]YouTube - Kuhn!![/ame]

cheesehurdler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Have a beatbox play Todd Rundgren's "Bang the Drum All Day" whenever the Packers Score.
Have the folks chant "GO PACK GO!" when the Packers are in the lead.
Get people to yell "KUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHN!!!" when John Kuhn makes a play.
Serve Lemon & Lime flavored juice for the party, to go with the whole Green & Gold vibe.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You could also put on the championship belt no matter which Packers score when they do.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcwa2EvQ61Y]YouTube - Aaron Rodgers Championship Belt Special on ESPN[/ame]

And do the Raji.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tuq3YbntzM]YouTube - BJ Raji - Dance the Raji[/ame]

Hope this helps and have fun!

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Make sure you serve Brats too. Fried cheese and cheese curds, if they're available.

You could also play "Fly like a Cheesehead," that "Green and Yellow" song plus a myriad of others.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bring up the packers history to your friend and talk about how we have 2x as many championships, more hall of famers, and come from titletown where fans own a piece of their team. Should drive him crazy.

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score

43Hitman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And if your friend knows anything about the Steelers, which I doubt since you've implied he's a bandwaggoner, when you yell KUUUUHHHHHHNNNNN, he should remind you that he was on the Steelers team in 05'. A lot of us fans wish he had been given more of a chance, we love the way he plays. I'm really glad he's on such a great team and is getting an opportunity to showcase his talents though. He deserves it.

PackerFan87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's all sorts of Packer decorations/furniture on their website if you don't mind spending the $$$ and can get it within 3 days, rofl >.<

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do you have HBO?
DVR?
Or On Demand?

If you have any or all of the above, check to see if they are still playing the Vince Lombardi doc.
If they are, be sure to watch and record it to get some history of the greatest coach in modern times. Not one of the greatest. The greatest.

If your able to play it before the game, do so. Just tell your friend your watching a pre-game special and play it.

Who knows? It might convert him to then root for the Pack!

If not, then do what you can to read up on Vince before Sunday. And remind your buddy who the SB trophy is named after!

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And if your friend knows anything about the Steelers, which I doubt since you've implied he's a bandwaggoner, when you yell KUUUUHHHHHHNNNNN, he should remind you that he was on the Steelers team in 05'. A lot of us fans wish he had been given more of a chance, we love the way he plays. I'm really glad he's on such a great team and is getting an opportunity to showcase his talents though. He deserves it.

and then he can point out Lebeau's first defensive coaching job was with the packers.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Yeah, get Wisconsin cheese. Super sharp cheddar!!!!
Brats (Grilled) are a must. Eat em like a hot dog, or dress em up whatever way you want. You should be able to get Johnsonville brats in VA.
Baked Beans
Lots of Beer and/or Whiskey.
Pastries for dessert (if you have a homemade place that makes em)

If the packers are playing bad. use the word "Lousy" a lot.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lots of Beer and/or Whiskey.
Miller High Life
Miller Lite
Old Milwaukee
Pabst Blue Ribbon
Special Export
You might want to make sure your beer choice reflects Wisconsin.
There are also tons of Wisconsin microbrews.
Those might be harder to find where you are.

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
You might want to tell your friend that if he was to mail a letter from Green Bay, Wi., depending on which postal office it went through, it could be postmarked "TitleTown, USA...try doing that in Pittsburgh.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lots and lots of beers, bratwurst, preferrably grilled in beer, lots of cheese, preferrably cheddar, and from Wisconsin, yell KUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHN everytime you spot John Kuhn (not only when he's with the ball, or on the field. No, it's not the racist slur). Sing GO PACK GO in between plays. Do the championship belt when we score, on your friends' face if they get annoying, but that's not the intent...

Well, I think the rest has been covered...

JJP41

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You have to get a Packers jersey too.

What you wear is important since you want to bring all the good juju possible to the Packers.

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Do you have HBO?
DVR?
Or On Demand?

If you have any or all of the above, check to see if they are still playing the Vince Lombardi doc.
If they are, be sure to watch and record it to get some history of the greatest coach in modern times. Not one of the greatest. The greatest.

If your able to play it before the game, do so. Just tell your friend your watching a pre-game special and play it.

Who knows? It might convert him to then root for the Pack!

If not, then do what you can to read up on Vince before Sunday. And remind your buddy who the SB trophy is named after!

Good reminder, HBO WEST is showing it this month, as a matter of fact it starts here in AZ in one hour. Will watch it for 5th time.

GWheels

Cheesehead
Reaction score

• If there's a flag on special teams start screaming " I bets it's on Jarrett Bush, that SOB, why is he still on the team" then stomp away to the other room.:mad2:

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score

• If there's a flag on special teams start screaming " I bets it's on Jarrett Bush, that SOB, why is he still on the team" then stomp away to the other room.:mad2:

hey now he is a beast on ST this season.

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
PackersRS....you were raised different than I was....grill the brats in beer? What I learned growing up was that you grill the brats, then let them marinate in a tub of hot beer.

Members online

Latest posts