1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Teach me to be a Packers fan

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Soc12, Feb 3, 2011.

1. Soc12

Soc12 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    So here's the deal, I am a hardcore Redskins fan, but this Sunday I am going to be throwing a Packers themed Super Bowl party. The reason for doing so is I can not stand the Steelers or Steelers fans. For some reason northern VA seems to have more Steelers fans than Redskins fans and that really pisses me off.

One of my good friends who is going to be attending the party is a "hardcore Steelers fan". The reason I put that into quotations is because last year he was a "hardcore Saints fan". There is nothing that I would hate more than for him to be happy at another Super Bowl. He doesn't know that the party is going to be Packer themed.

Here is where I need help from you guys. I don't need help just for decorating for a Packers party, I really want to know how to be a Packers fan. For instance, every time Chris Cooley makes a play everyone yells "COOOOOOLEYYYYY" and every time the Redskins score we sing "Hail to the Redskins." Are there any things like this that I could do during the game?

Any advice on how to transform the party into a true Packers party will be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks and GO PACK!

• Like Like x 4
  2. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,800
    Chant the Packers chant which is "Go Pack Go!"

Yell "Kuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhn!" whenever running back John Kuhn gets the ball no matter how many yards he gains.

You do know that our colors are green and gold (yellow), right? So buy green and yellow streamers, ballons and other party decorations and go nuts with those.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThbMmqJBB0Q&feature=related"]YouTube - Go Pack Go (Go BEARS Go)[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgWbY543DUE&feature=related"]YouTube - Kuhn!![/ame]

• Like Like x 1
  3. TheSnowPlow

TheSnowPlow Driving Don Shula Crazy

Ratings:
    +491
    Cheese. I hear that is very popular. But it has to be Extra Extra Sharp, not the wussy stuff.

• Like Like x 1
  4. cheesehurdler

cheesehurdler Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +194
    Have a beatbox play Todd Rundgren's "Bang the Drum All Day" whenever the Packers Score.
    Have the folks chant "GO PACK GO!" when the Packers are in the lead.
    Get people to yell "KUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHN!!!" when John Kuhn makes a play.
    Serve Lemon & Lime flavored juice for the party, to go with the whole Green & Gold vibe.

• Like Like x 1
  5. GreenGoldAngel

GreenGoldAngel Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +133
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,800
    You could also put on the championship belt no matter which Packers score when they do.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcwa2EvQ61Y]YouTube - Aaron Rodgers Championship Belt Special on ESPN[/ame]

And do the Raji.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tuq3YbntzM]YouTube - BJ Raji - Dance the Raji[/ame]

Hope this helps and have fun!

• Like Like x 1
  7. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    Make sure you serve Brats too. Fried cheese and cheese curds, if they're available.

You could also play "Fly like a Cheesehead," that "Green and Yellow" song plus a myriad of others.

• Like Like x 1
  8. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    bring up the packers history to your friend and talk about how we have 2x as many championships, more hall of famers, and come from titletown where fans own a piece of their team. Should drive him crazy.

• Like Like x 2
  9. LombardiChick

LombardiChick Win or lose, I love this team.

Ratings:
    +682
    Unless you're getting the cheese from Wisconsin (Carr Valley is my favorite), I'd say this is absolutely right. At least out here in the Pacific Northwest, you have to go "up a size" to get the local cheeses to come close to the flavor of Wisconsin cheese.

And here's a link to a printable cutout of a block of cheese you can use for your party.

• Like Like x 3
  10. 43Hitman

43Hitman Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +17
    And if your friend knows anything about the Steelers, which I doubt since you've implied he's a bandwaggoner, when you yell KUUUUHHHHHHNNNNN, he should remind you that he was on the Steelers team in 05'. A lot of us fans wish he had been given more of a chance, we love the way he plays. I'm really glad he's on such a great team and is getting an opportunity to showcase his talents though. He deserves it.

• Like Like x 2
  11. TheSnowPlow

TheSnowPlow Driving Don Shula Crazy

Ratings:
    +491

What a coincidence. :icon_surprised:

12. PackerFan87

PackerFan87 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +13
    There's all sorts of Packer decorations/furniture on their website if you don't mind spending the $$$ and can get it within 3 days, rofl >.<

13. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,800
    Do you have HBO?
    DVR?
    Or On Demand?

If you have any or all of the above, check to see if they are still playing the Vince Lombardi doc.
    If they are, be sure to watch and record it to get some history of the greatest coach in modern times. Not one of the greatest. The greatest.

If your able to play it before the game, do so. Just tell your friend your watching a pre-game special and play it.

Who knows? It might convert him to then root for the Pack!

If not, then do what you can to read up on Vince before Sunday. And remind your buddy who the SB trophy is named after!

• Like Like x 1
  14. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    and then he can point out Lebeau's first defensive coaching job was with the packers.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +585
    Yeah, get Wisconsin cheese. Super sharp cheddar!!!!
    Brats (Grilled) are a must. Eat em like a hot dog, or dress em up whatever way you want. You should be able to get Johnsonville brats in VA.
    Baked Beans
    Lots of Beer and/or Whiskey.
    Pastries for dessert (if you have a homemade place that makes em)

If the packers are playing bad. use the word "Lousy" a lot.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,800
    Miller High Life
    Miller Lite
    Old Milwaukee
    Pabst Blue Ribbon
    Special Export
    You might want to make sure your beer choice reflects Wisconsin.
    There are also tons of Wisconsin microbrews.
    Those might be harder to find where you are.

17. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
  18. GreenGoldAngel

Ratings:
    +133
    You might want to tell your friend that if he was to mail a letter from Green Bay, Wi., depending on which postal office it went through, it could be postmarked "TitleTown, USA...try doing that in Pittsburgh.

• Like Like x 2
  19. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    Lots and lots of beers, bratwurst, preferrably grilled in beer, lots of cheese, preferrably cheddar, and from Wisconsin, yell KUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHN everytime you spot John Kuhn (not only when he's with the ball, or on the field. No, it's not the racist slur). Sing GO PACK GO in between plays. Do the championship belt when we score, on your friends' face if they get annoying, but that's not the intent...

Well, I think the rest has been covered...

• Like Like x 1
  20. JJP41

JJP41 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +215
    You have to get a Packers jersey too.

What you wear is important since you want to bring all the good juju possible to the Packers.

• Like Like x 1
  21. GreenGoldAngel

Ratings:
    +133
    Good reminder, HBO WEST is showing it this month, as a matter of fact it starts here in AZ in one hour. Will watch it for 5th time.

22. GWheels

GWheels Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +208

• If there's a flag on special teams start screaming " I bets it's on Jarrett Bush, that SOB, why is he still on the team" then stomp away to the other room.:mad2:

• Like Like x 2
  23. LombardiChick

LombardiChick Win or lose, I love this team.

Ratings:
    +682
    Thanks for the tip on that, GGA - I'm going to tune in and watch it again, too. It's so good.

• Like Like x 1
  24. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    hey now he is a beast on ST this season.

25. GreenGoldAngel

Ratings:
    +133
    PackersRS....you were raised different than I was....grill the brats in beer? What I learned growing up was that you grill the brats, then let them marinate in a tub of hot beer.