TE

chibiabos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:oops: Hey! Isn't this #47 (TE), Garrett Cross the guy the Pack was so high on in last years training camp who decided to return to school instead of staying with GB? If he is, then perhaps GB has another receiver to work with.

Reaction score
I'm not so sure they were "high" on him. I think you are reffering to Humphry, who was obtained from waviers two years ago and the coaches liked what they saw and though they could develop him. Gross actually retired at the end of training camp last year, because apparently he felt his "desire" to compete and win wasn't fully there.

But this season he feels as if it is back, and has convinced coach McCarthy, since MM said he believed Gross's story and felt that this guy really wanted to contribute to the Packers, thus allowing him back onto the roster and getting him in for mini-camps.

Gross is a close friend of A-Rod. Gross was being scouted by Jeff Tedford, and that is when Tedford saw A-Rod and got him into his program. The rest, as they say, is history... :)

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CaliforniaCheez said:
I'm still thinking that during the final cuts Ted Thompson will find a TE better than David (Tyrone Davis Jr.) Martin.

No, I think David Martin has reached the Pinnacle of his career......A 3rd string TE. He is fine as our 3rd TE, I think he skates by again.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When We Have To Cut Down There Will Be 3 TE left #1 Bubba Franks, #2 Donald Lee, #3 David Martin.

Mark my words thats our TE's going into the season. Unless there is a TE cut sometime that we fell is better then David Martin then there may be a change.

Staff online

Members online