TE prospects

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The top TE prospect. and a pick that would be good value at #30, is MN Maxx Williams. The kid is like 3rd generation NFL. And he is a great enough tallent to actually become a starter. Putting our brute Richard Rodgers in the two TE set, and Quarless in a depth situation. Instantly we are stacked at the position...

D

Deleted member 6794

The top TE prospect. and a pick that would be good value at #30, is MN Maxx Williams. The kid is like 3rd generation NFL. And he is a great enough tallent to actually become a starter. Putting our brute Richard Rodgers in the two TE set, and Quarless in a depth situation. Instantly we are stacked at the position...

And have wasted a chance to use our best chance to improve the defense.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
And have wasted a chance to use our best chance to improve the defense.
{moderator hat off}
And you have been pounding the same theme ad nauseum on almost every draft thread here at least since the season ended. You may feel that way as may many others but thinking about other things occasionally keeps the board alive. If every thread revolves around the same dozen or so posters restating their entrenched positions, this board will surely die. (and yes I called you shirley.) Consider the fact that TT will do what he feels is best at the time and no matter how much you may like or dislike his actions, he will do it anyway. And to no one elses surprise, it may not be what you would do.
[/hat back on]

D

Deleted member 6794

{moderator hat off}
And you have been pounding the same theme ad nauseum on almost every draft thread here at least since the season ended. You may feel that way as may many others but thinking about other things occasionally keeps the board alive. If every thread revolves around the same dozen or so posters restating their entrenched positions, this board will surely die. (and yes I called you shirley.)

It´s understandable that you want to keep the board alive. I´m surprised though that it seems your main interest as a moderator consists in the total number of threads and posts rather than the actual content.

IMHO there´s no reason to bring up every single offensive player having a chance to be there at #30 as it should be obvious to every Packers fan that the team needs to upgrade the defense and with Thompson standing pat in free agency the first round pick offers the best chance to do it.

While creating a new thread or adding a new post on the topic might increase the total amount of traffic on the site it doesn´t improve the quality of stuff being posted. There´s a reason most posters don´t even reply to suggestions like that anymore, hence not keeping the board alive either.

Consider the fact that TT will do what he feels is best at the time and no matter how much you may like or dislike his actions, he will do it anyway. And to no one elses surprise, it may not be what you would do.

BTW I would have liked you, especially coming from a moderator, to send me a private message making fun of my lack of football knowledge (at least according to you).

Last edited by a moderator:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I tend to like this board overall. I found it after a short stint on another more general sports board. That place was ridiculous. The owner would troll his own board just to get clicks and acted like a 10 year old. and when he didn't get the responses he liked, he'd just delete the thread. Comical kind of and of course full of the "if you don't like it leave". So I did. I just got another email from them because I haven't "logged in lately" No ****, i took their advice and left :)

Anyway a little controversy, some good content, so crazy ideas and most people acting like adults with a bit of child tossed in, and I think this place does alright.

H

HardRightEdge

That website states those numbers. I assumed it came from his pro day since he didn't put those numbers up at the combine? I don't pay attention to pro day dates, sorry.

Did you even read that article? It clearly says he ran a 4.6. So where is this 4.6 business coming from? Unless you're assuming that website is lying. I seen the 4.5 posted elsewhere on a Penn State forum and I don't feel like digging for it.

And I wasn't pissed off at Captain.
That link is not dated. That one appears to be from before the Combine. It's not uncommon for college players to carry with then a 40 time from who knows when. It could have been a very stale freshman number at 215 lbs. for all you know.

Here's some eye opening info:

James ran a 4.78 at 261 lbs. at the Combine.

He ran 4.65 at his pro day at 232 lbs according to the following link. Either (1) that's a misprint or (2) it explains why he did not bench press. If that weight is accurate, it's a wtf moment on several levels.

http://www.pennlive.com/pennstatefootball/index.ssf/2015/03/penn_state_football_news_and_n_3.html

If anybody wants to continue stumping for this guy, show a report that the Pro Day weight in that link is wrong.

H

HardRightEdge

It´s understandable that you want to keep the board alive. I´m surprised though that it seems your main interest as a moderator consists in the total number of threads and posts rather than the actual content.

IMHO there´s no reason to bring up every single offensive player having a chance to be there at #30 as it should be obvious to every Packers fan that the team needs to upgrade the defense and with Thompson standing pat in free agency the first round pick offers the best chance to do it.

While creating a new thread or adding a new post on the topic might increase the total amount of traffic on the site it doesn´t improve the quality of stuff being posted. There´s a reason most posters don´t even reply to suggestions like that anymore, hence not keeping the board alive either.

BTW I would have liked you, especially coming from a moderator, to send me a private message making fun of my lack of football knowledge (at least according to you).
Yeah. A PM would be in order if that's the way he feels. Taking off the "moderator hat" doesn't work. Chinese Walls are always suspect, especially inside one person's head. And how come I haven't been reprimanded for repetition? I feel neglected. ;)

The whole idea that Thompson is going to do what he will is not a reason for...anything. We play along with (or often against in my case) with the GM, present ideas, make predictions, refine them as we go along, and see how those ideas play out. In the process we hope to refine our understanding of the game. It should not be overlooked that sometimes we're right, and the beat writers are wrong. Not to mention the GM himself.

In any case, repetition for emphasis is hardly a sin. You'd think any repetition of opinion on your part that might be found to be objectionable, even if repetition is a form of emphasis, would be more than offset by the factual content you provide. Oh, well.

It seems to me the business plan for a web site like this is not based on the number of threads, posts or posters. It's the post "views" that matter. Whether maximizing views is directly proportional to the quality of the content is a questionable proposition. Maybe "fan boy" postings and happy talk would draw more eyeballs? Dunno. What I can say is that you're pretty darn good at aggregating the most current information from various sources...so much so I go here before going to the media web sites for latest developments.

In any event, do I sense a "closed thread" coming?

D

Deleted member 6794

That link is not dated. That one appears to be from before the Combine. It's not uncommon for college players to carry with then a 40 time from who knows when. It could have been a very stale freshman number at 215 lbs. for all you know.

Here's some eye opening info:

James ran a 4.78 at 261 lbs. at the Combine.

He ran 4.65 at his pro day at 232 lbs according to the following link. Either (1) that's a misprint or (2) it explains why he did not bench press. If that weight is accurate, it's a wtf moment on several levels.

http://www.pennlive.com/pennstatefootball/index.ssf/2015/03/penn_state_football_news_and_n_3.html

If anybody wants to continue stumping for this guy, show a report that the Pro Day weight in that link is wrong.

According to ESPN James weighed in at 262 pounds at his pro day.

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post...smen-talk-nfl-draft-moving-on-from-penn-state

Members online

Latest posts