1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Taylor offically wants out

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Packman5, Mar 10, 2008.

1. Packman5

Packman5 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
  2. PackOne

PackOne Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    I knew this for sure weeks ago. I'll leave it to someone to find the thread.

3. favre2driver

favre2driver Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    itd take lots of money to get him. I'd say no

4. nathaniel

nathaniel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'd take him.

5. IronMan

IronMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    If PFT is reporting it, it must be true.

6. Packnic

Packnic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    money im not worried about. its what we would give up to get him.

draft picks or players arent worth it really.

money we got. we build and flourish using the draft system. giving up picks for an old player goes against the flow.

he would be a solid asset and i wouldnt be pissed about it. but i dont see it happening and wont be pissed if it doesnt.

7. DoddPower

DoddPower Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!

Ratings:
    +54
    yeah, i honestly would like to see the packers spending a LITTLE bit more of our cap space, even if it was somewhat risky. I wouldn't want to give up draft picks for a guy like Taylor, but if there were some guys that might be a little iffy money wise . . take a 2-3 year risk if there is a potential high reward.

I really don't think we're going to be hurting for cap space anytime soon. The only reason I could see us not taking these slight "risks" is because of the CBA deal going down . . . which will really suck.

8. Veretax

Veretax Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    Here's another thing to consider, what happens if there is an Uncapped year in 2010? How would that affect the packers, and would Taylor even last that long? I don't know about you, but I'm not sold on Taylor, not for what we'd have to give up to get him.