Tatum Bell.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is being talked about on profootballtalk.com that the Packers are looking to swing a trade with the Motor City Kitties for Tatum Bell.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They have said the Lions have been talking about trading him already. It makes the most sense he is young and fits or ZBS I want him for the right price, I rather trade for him then Moss

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
I say trade for anyone other than Moss:) I just don't see the good that Moss would bring. Bell is not an every down back. I would rather see Henry for a year or two with us drafting a rookie to groom for 09?

Reaction score
The story at pf.com seems to make out TT as now panicing to replace Green.

If that is the case, and there is no evidence to confirm it is, that would mean (at least to me) that TT didn't have an adequate back up plan to replace Green.

If that turns out to be true, TT is a moron who dropped the ball big time.

However, I expect TT to have had backup plans that he will now begin to explore, and I believe they may have looked into the asking price of Bell. I expect TT to turn a few more stones before we get our RB though.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
got the link for that pft article? i'd like to read it. (and no, this isn't me turning into one of the source-fanatics)

Reaction score
Here you go bozz:

As they scramble to attempt to fill the void left by the sudden departure of mainstay running back Ahman Green to the Texans, we're told that the Packers have contacted the Lions about a possible trade for running back Tatum Bell.

Bell was acquired by the Lions last week as part of the Dre' Bly deal. As we've reported, both Bell and former Broncos tackle George Foster are candidates to be traded again.

We're also told that the Packers contacted the Bears about the availability of running back Thomas Jones, but the Bears said that he is not available. It remains to be seen whether the Bears would be willing to trade him to a team other than their intra-division arch-rivals.

Detroit's willingness to shop Bell doesn't mean that the team is looking to shed tailbacks. We're told that running back T.J. Duckett currently is in the building, and that the Lions are expected to try to get him signed.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

packerfan1245

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
The story at pf.com seems to make out TT as now panicing to replace Green.

If that is the case, and there is no evidence to confirm it is, that would mean (at least to me) that TT didn't have an adequate back up plan to replace Green.

If that turns out to be true, TT is a moron who dropped the ball big time.

However, I expect TT to have had backup plans that he will now begin to explore, and I believe they may have looked into the asking price of Bell. I expect TT to turn a few more stones before we get our RB though.

He got rid of green, What can Ted do to make of for that BS?

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pro Football Talk isn't a reliable source. I've seen a few mistakes made in the past 72 hours by them that leads me to believe they aren't an inside source or they don't have reliable sources.

However with that said Len Pasquarelli of ESPN reported on the radio that the Packers probably didn't expect Green to sign somewhere else or get this much money. He didn't report anything on the Packers panicking or seeming desperate but he did say they're probably a little surprised Green left Green Bay. He then said they're likely going to pursue a veteran RB to replace Green for this year.

Unless you’re an ESPN Insider you won’t have access to this pod cast. If you do then go check it out.

OP
OP
D

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He got rid of Green? Green was OVERPAID by a team that listened to Mike Sherman....continuing his success filled blueprint of overpaying "his guys".

Hell, Ahman said he got more than he expected......now, THAT is overpaying, when the player is suprised by the number.

Yeah, TT "got rid" of Green. What color is the sky in your world?

packerfan1245

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He got rid of Green? Green was OVERPAID by a team that listened to Mike Sherman....continuing his success filled blueprint of overpaying "his guys".

Hell, Ahman said he got more than he expected......now, THAT is overpaying, when the player is suprised by the number.

Yeah, TT "got rid" of Green. What color is the sky in your world?

It just kinda makes me mad that he wouldn't take less money to play where his heart is. I dont get. Hes already a millionare :shrug:

paxvogel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Time to panic. We do not have a starting RB. Sign Corey Dillon for a year or two then draft two RB. What we have on the roster now are rejects from other teams. Hell, sign Tony Fisher and Najeh.

OP
OP
D

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am not worried. RB is the easiest position to fill on the roster, and a rookie can easily step in and perform at a high level....examples are endless.

Remember that "reject from another team" Ahman Green? Woked out pretty well, didn't it?

Any sleepers coming out of Arkansas schools this year, pax? You hit on Corey Williams pretty well a few years back.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On the topic of Tatum Bell, I'll just say it'd make me sick to see this guy become a Packer. I get every single Denver Broncos game where I live, so I've seen him play. He's nothing special, and thinks he deserves more respect than he actually does. He's pretty much a turd, and I'd hate to see the Pack give up anything for this guy.

Latest posts