Tatum Bell Requests Trade before Dealine!

kmeyer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Lions just informed him he will be a backup after their bye. He wants to be dealt before the trade deadline Tuesday. So.......Do we try to get him or just go the rest of the year with what we have? To me, it depends on the price. If Detroit has decided he is a backup, maybe the price will be minimal. I also do not know how much he makes though either. I don't want to handicap our future either.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3060642

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
The Lions just informed him he will be a backup after their bye. He wants to be dealt before the trade deadline Tuesday. So.......Do we try to get him or just go the rest of the year with what we have? To me, it depends on the price. If Detroit has decided he is a backup, maybe the price will be minimal.

Since he was a throw in for the Bly deal and apparently was a stop gap between the beginning of the season and when Jones returned, he probably will be dealt for a reasonable value. However.. with the Lions sitting at 3-2 and in second place.. I don't see a deal within the division, especially to the Packers.

Bell reminds me of a scat back... not really a workhorse, 3rd down type.

Reaction score
No way on earth do the Lions trade this guy within their own division.

Forget about giving a team they are just one game behind for the division lead more talent, Bell would bring insight about he Lions O scheme that'd be real valuable to our coaches.

Also, Bell would be real limited if the Packers got him (it's next to impossible they do). It's going to take him time to learn our scheme, and until he gets a good enough grasp on it he'll be of minimal use, not worth what ever we'd have to give up to get him.

OP
OP
K

kmeyer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You all have valid points and I agree about him having valuable information on their offense, but I'm not so sure they are too worried about giving more talent to the pack. They evidentially don't see him as too talented if they are benching him.

I agree this is very unlikely to happen. I'm not sure he is our answer anyways. Last week in the first half, our running backs looked good when they had holes to run through.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:

Forget about giving a team they are just one game behind for the division lead more talent, Bell would bring insight about he Lions O scheme that'd be real valuable to our coaches.

Also, Bell would be real limited if the Packers got him (it's next to impossible they do). It's going to take him time to learn our scheme, and until he gets a good enough grasp on it he'll be of minimal use, not worth what ever we'd have to give up to get him.

B-I-N-G-O AADP! You are right as rain.

This post should end this thread.

R.P.

ttsather

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the mere possibility that he is productive for the Pack makes a trade a non-option.

Beyond that - wouldn't mind having him, don't think he's any sort of magic potion for a running game that probably doesn't need one.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:

You do realize Bell came from Denver and they run the exact same ZBS scheme. I think we should try our best to get this guy he could really help although since he is in our division it would be tough but anythings possible.

2004- 75 carries, 396 yards, 5.3 avg, 3 TDS
2005- 173 carries, 921 yards, 5.3 avg, 8 TDS
2006- 233 carries, 1025 yards, 4.4 avg, 2 TDS
2007- 44 carries, 182 yards, 4.1 avg, 1 TD

2006 and this year are his only years starting and in 06 he only played 13 games, he also has 61 catches over this period of time.

Reaction score
You do realize Bell came from Denver and they run the exact same ZBS scheme. I think we should try our best to get this guy he could really help although since he is in our division it would be tough but anythings possible.

2004- 75 carries, 396 yards, 5.3 avg, 3 TDS
2005- 173 carries, 921 yards, 5.3 avg, 8 TDS
2006- 233 carries, 1025 yards, 4.4 avg, 2 TDS
2007- 44 carries, 182 yards, 4.1 avg, 1 TD

2006 and this year are his only years starting and in 06 he only played 13 games, he also has 61 catches over this period of time.

PL, I was talking more in terms of protection schemes, and understanding the different play terminology.

I remember an article where RB Coach Edgar Bennett said he won't put in a RB until he has shown he can protect Favre. It'd be kinda hard for Bell to do that when he isn't all that familiar with the protection schemes for the Packers.

Cubanpenguin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lions + Packers + Same Division = NO TRADE.

NEXT...

Seahawks + 49ers + Same division = Jackson trade?

As rare as it is occationaly there are trades within a division if they would trade their #1 WR I don't see why the lions wouldn't trade a backup RB.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:

NEXT...

As rare as it is occationaly there are trades within a division if they would trade their #1 WR I don't see why the lions wouldn't trade a backup RB.

That trade happened WAY B4 ota or training camp, correct?? cuz I think that is very important..

I think its not as likely to trade DURING the season with in the div...

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:

NEXT...

Do you have the Packers in that equation? NO!

NEXT...

Members online

Latest posts