Tar-Var-Is starting Thursday

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
Green Bay has to prepare for a guy they have 0 film on and no nothing about. It's going to be tougher than you think. Though he is a rookie in his first start, outdoors in cold weather. This could be good for us.

and you don't think the Packers defense is gonna throw new things at him?

The rookie QB does not have the advantage here.

I'm not saying Jackson has the advantage but I think the Packers not knowing a thing about how this guy plays will neutralize everything. Minnesota can easily come up with the better game plan and beat the Packers with Jackson at QB.

With that said I do think having speed on our Defense (particular LB) will help us negate any running attempts by Jackson. If Green Bay plays D like they did against the Lions last week, they will have no problem winning.

rundemc

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
porky88 said:
Green Bay has to prepare for a guy they have 0 film on and no nothing about. It's going to be tougher than you think. Though he is a rookie in his first start, outdoors in cold weather. This could be good for us.

and you don't think the Packers defense is gonna throw new things at him?

The rookie QB does not have the advantage here.

I'm not saying Jackson has the advantage but I think the Packers not knowing a thing about how this guy plays will neutralize everything. Minnesota can easily come up with the better game plan and beat the Packers with Jackson at QB.

With that said I do think having speed on our Defense (particular LB) will help us negate any running attempts by Jackson. If Green Bay plays D like they did against the Lions last week, they will have no problem winning.
minnesotas oline is a little better than the 3rd and 4th stringers that were playing for detroit might not see quite as much of a pass rush plus minnesotas got a running back the guys for the lions were options 4 and 5 on their roster

vikesrule

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
Minnesota can easily come up with the better game plan and beat the Packers with Jackson at QB.

No, not a chance.

porky88 is wise. T-Jack will perform well

Good: Favre's Farewell at Lambeau
Bad: Gotta listen to the announcers :bow: to Favre

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
porky88 said:
Minnesota can easily come up with the better game plan and beat the Packers with Jackson at QB.

No, not a chance.

porky88 is wise. T-Jack will perform well

Good: Favre's Farewell at Lambeau
Bad: Gotta listen to the announcers :blow: Favre

lol, he is not wise(mind u, i tend to agree with him a lot), cmon now, stop kissing ***, ur not getting his Bud Light!!

rookie QB, 27 passes
defense 14 games together

the defense has the advantage

The Vikings are playing the rookie for next season. They (this is just my opinion) are not trying to make it deep in the playoffs with starting their rookie qb. I'm not saying they are going to tank it, of course they want to win and get in, but the main reason Jackson is starting is to prepare him for next season.

Vikings should have put him in after the Miami game. Then they'd have given him good quality time as their starter and he'd be Tony Romo'ing it up at the end of the season for a playoff run! hahahahah I doubt that, but after the Miami game would have been a good time to put him in for his development.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Just like I said. He did NOT have any advantage once so ever. I can't believe people thought a ROOKIE QB starting his first game had any chance against a defense that's played 14 games together.

Even with that said, he made some good throws that were negated by stupid crap by his players. I feel sorry for the kid. He's a Viking, there's only one cure for that. GET TRADED.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
10 completions one INT 50 yards passing 23 yards rushing.

Welcome to Lambeau field young man.

He sure did level the playing field! No film on a rookie qb almost beat the packers!
hahahahahahahah NO

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As others have said, I thought it was weird that Childress did not have Jackson run the ball more. But the Packers deserve a lot of credit for containing him and tackling very well. Poppinga and Collins each had memorable tackles that prevented Jackson from picking up first downs. He threw the ball pretty well, I thought, but he just doesn't have enough talented receivers to throw to.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green Bay definitely had the better game plan. Jackson played poorly but I think the Defense had a reason to do with it. The pass rush was all over the place and the coverage was good all night outside of one play. I give credit for Bob Sanders and his staff coming up with back to back game plans the last 2 games. Say what you want about Jackson but Green Bay's front 7 dominated the likes of Bryant McKinnie, Steve Hutchinson, and Matt Birk. That’s why the offense was non existent today. Not because of Jackson though like stated it sure helped.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I read Jackson was having hard times finding his check downs and didn't want to force anything.

I'm jus glad he didn't start running around. I think I saw huge holes in the middle quite often. ... eeeek

Members online

Latest posts