Taped convos could confirm R. Bush received gifts

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Saints | Taped conversations could confirm R. Bush received gifts
Wed, 24 Jan 2007 21:52:36 -0800

ESPN.com reports taped conversations between New Orleans Saints RB Reggie Bush or members of his family and an investor in a failed sports marketing agency could confirm Bush received gifts and cash while playing for USC, according to Yahoo.com.

A federal investigation into extortion claims by Bush and his family revealed the taped conversations. The U.S. Attorney's office in San Diego has issued grand jury subpoenas to multiple witnesses in the probe. Lloyd Lake, who founded a sports marketing agency with hopes Bush would be his first client, is the subject of a grand jury probe into extortion claims.

Multiple sources told Yahoo.com that Lake made the tapes in 2005 to protect his financial investment in case Bush backed out of a deal to sign with New Era Sports & Entertainment. Bush signed with agent Joel Segal and marketing agent Mike Ornstein in January 2006.

Lake's mother, Barbara Gunner, recently testified before a grand jury, according to a Yahoo.com report. She claimed she had heard portions of tapes made by her son in which LaMar Griffin, Bush's stepfather, says Bush intended to repay New Era Sports "their money," as well as for a car that was purchased for him.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll bet this stuff goes on alot more often then most people think. Bush is a star, thus they will go after him.

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I read somewhere that USC could be hit with sanctions from the NCAA because of this, but what about Bush? Can they do anything to him now that he's in the NFL?

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I read somewhere that USC could be hit with sanctions from the NCAA because of this, but what about Bush? Can they do anything to him now that he's in the NFL?

What I heard on Cold Pizza was....

Sanctions scolorships taken away, no bowl games, games that they won during his time be forfieted, etc......

As far as Bush something was said his name off the Heisman Trophy...But did not hear much more then that..

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In other news, grass green, sky blue......

These rules are stupid. If I was a poor college student and someone offered me and my family gifts, I would take them. The **** Collegiate Athletic Association won't even let Ian Johnson advertise the hats he makes for Gods sake.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
In other news, grass green, sky blue......

These rules are stupid. If I was a poor college student and someone offered me and my family gifts, I would take them. The **** Collegiate Athletic Association won't even let Ian Johnson advertise the hats he makes for Gods sake.
Hats??

:twitch: Thought they were beanie babies

~~~~~
Edit, I only heard of BEANIES..So I didnt put two and two together to come up with beanie HATS..

Apparently Johnson is a world class crochet knitter, as his completed wares are wildly popular all over town, selling as quickly as he can produce them. ESPN reporter Erin Andrews showed off one of Johnson's brown knit women's caps to the broadcast audience and modeled it briefly. He also makes and sells men's beanies.

An unspecified "leading crochet magazine" has also apparently tracked him down for a story.

Does crochet qualify as a fallback if that football career doesn't work out?

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, he's selling the hats for 15 bucks a pop and has like 100 on back order. He can only sell them when people request it though, he's not allowed to promote his business, which is just asinine.

Members online

Latest posts