Talk heats up in Minnesota of Donovan McNabb to the Vikings

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
We’ve noted from time to time this offseason that Vikings coach Leslie Frazier is sending mixed signals about what the team plans to do at quarterback this year, and that acquiring a veteran like Donovan McNabb could be an option. But we haven’t seen anyone make so bold a statement about the Vikings’ quarterback situation…
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh McNabb, please no!!! I love McNabb!!! :(

To be really honest, I think the Vikings would be a little bit better off with Kolb. I think they need to develop around a young QB and establish themselves. They are rebuilding and I don't think rebuilding around a veteran is the best way to go, thinking long term output. With much love to McNabb, that would just fall in line with the Vikings tradition to hire somebody elses veteran QB, who may or may not be past his prime, and hope he will take them to the SB. Favre, Cunningham, ...... I see a pattern here. Better look to the long term future: Kolb. Problem is Kolb is allergic to the Packers D. I'm sure he'd just love the thought of playing a fully healthy Packers D twice a year.

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score
He may be good for the Vikings but would the Vikings be good for him? It would be a shame for him to finish his career with a sucky team. I think our neighbors to the west have more problems than just the QB position.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While McNabb clearly has our number, I wouldn't worry with him playing for MN.
Though he's a better option than any rookie or Joe Webb...

Skarecrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was just thinking about this the other day... if the vikings do manage to trade for Kolb, what about his #. I mean, he wears #4. They have no reason NOT to give it to him since no one has it on the team, but will Brent get all jealous? Do you think they plan on retiring #4.. he is one of the greatest viking players of all time according to some list or another. Would it be a big deal? I would love to watch that circus.

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
I like your analysis Kitten and I agree with you about the Queens picking up other teams' cast offs (although I think you did forget to mention Warren Moon). It seems as though the Queens have always lacked direction. As an organization I get the impression that they have no idea where they are headed and, as a result, they never get anywhere -- especially not do Conference Championships and Super Bowls.
They need to get a young QB and rebuild -- they are just not positioned to win the big games right now.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
He may be good for the Vikings but would the Vikings be good for him? It would be a shame for him to finish his career with a sucky team. I think our neighbors to the west have more problems than just the QB position.

That's the reason I don't want to see him go there. I honestly don't care about the Vikings, I do however like McNabb and I would like to see him finish his career on a high note. Not going down on a Vikings ship that has been sinking for years.

I like your analysis Kitten and I agree with you about the Queens picking up other teams' cast offs (although I think you did forget to mention Warren Moon). It seems as though the Queens have always lacked direction. As an organization I get the impression that they have no idea where they are headed and, as a result, they never get anywhere -- especially not do Conference Championships and Super Bowls.
They need to get a young QB and rebuild -- they are just not positioned to win the big games right now.

I did forget Moon, LOL. Also, although not in the QB position, Randy Moss. That worked out really well for them. I think they need an overhaul in their philosophy and methodology. Clearly what they are doing now is not working. They are actually going in the wrong direction. But hey, I certainly don't want to be the one who turns the light bulb on in their heads. :)

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score
Shhhhhhh, Kitten. There might be a Viking spy among us. The V staff clearly doesn't have any insight or skill for putting together a winning team on their own. We don't want to send any intellegent ideas their way. LOL

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Shhhhhhh, Kitten. There might be a Viking spy among us. The V staff clearly doesn't have any insight or skill for putting together a winning team on their own. We don't want to send any intellegent ideas their way. LOL

I hope they don't run around other teams forums looking for intell.

I think they should convince Favre to come back! They will win the SB for sure if they do that! It's destiny. It's divine right!

OldSchoolFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Claymaker is licking his chops at the thought of old man McNabb playing in that place where he could run , but not hide.

Kinda like the way a cheetah thinks about a zebra on the African plains...

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score

Fortunately for all of us the Queens aren't intelligent enough to recognize an intelligent idea.:viksux:

Staff online

Members online