Taking Advantage

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
An injured Cobb is still likely better than most of our receivers we have currently, imagine when he's fully healthy. Now time will tell, but seeing how well he played yesterday, you CANNOT tell me he wouldn't have helped us against Chicago. Hell he's been our main Bear killer. We did the same thing with Jordy, after one year when he got hurt after years of consistency. One year i'm starting to notice with you guys, and that's all it takes and you're ready to cast people out like garbage.

I cannot tell you he wouldn't have helped any more than you can tell me he would have helped.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think that this is a complacency issue. We had a good offense but re-read the laments on this board and it was all about defense. While it sounds magical to think that a GM has enough to plug every hole in the roster, that's not reality. We focused on getting the defense better and unfortunately the low round picks haven't emerged to help the offense. You need to gamble.

Cobb...Nelson... I equate those guys to old boat motors. When you're done using it for the season you pull the gas line off and run the gas out of the carb. When you're right at the end, it spins up real fast when it starts sucking in extra oxygen. Cobb is going to suck in some extra oxygen with the Cowboys but it doesn't mean there was more gas in the tank. Even if he does well for a while, he wasn't doing it here. Maybe he needed Dak and a fresh offense. Just because he may or may not do well in Dallas this season, doesn't mean that it would have happened here too.

greengold

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Off topic, but, hopefully this helps. Not directed at anyone in particular.

I can pass along some sage advice: keep the message posted about the subject, not about yourself or another poster or two. That, and “don’t be a ****.”

You’ll enjoy just sharing info with other Packers fans, learning some stuff, keeping it professional. Jokin’ around. Yuckin’ It up. Easy.

Who wants to read back & forth personal battles?

We all have our opinions, but it doesn’t necessarily make them better than others. Pretty sure we are all just here to talk about our favorite team, learn some **** and have some fun.

Humility & respect go a long way towards making a great forum. The other stuff, keyboard warrior garbage, etc can destroy them.

Just have fun. Keep it easy. Try not to injure. Mods take care of business when things get outta hand.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Off topic, but, hopefully this helps. Not directed at anyone in particular.

I can pass along some sage advice: keep the message posted about the subject, not about yourself or another poster or two. That, and “don’t be a ****.”

You’ll enjoy just sharing info with other Packers fans, learning some stuff, keeping it professional. Jokin’ around. Yuckin’ It up. Easy.

Who wants to read back & forth personal battles?

We all have our opinions, but it doesn’t necessarily make them better than others. Pretty sure we are all just here to talk about our favorite team, learn some **** and have some fun.

Humility & respect go a long way towards making a great forum. The other stuff, keyboard warrior garbage, etc can destroy them.

Just have fun. Keep it easy. Try not to injure. Mods take care of business when things get outta hand.

That's fair and on occasion I do admit I can be snarky and sarcastic at times, but I'd like to think that's my charm typically, when I'm debating I am staying on the subject because I enjoy the back and forth. I enjoy debating as it forces you to think on your toes, having to go back and forth. It's combination of trading wits and logic and because there is much to talk about and whatnot I like hearing different opinions even if I don't agree with them.

Maybe it's because I go in depth with my arguments, maybe it's because I'm perceived as stubborn, (and to be fair I am, you have to when you debate, but I do relent when I'm wrong), or maybe it's due to my battles with Quientus and on occasion gary, I feel like I'm on the negative spectrum in regards to what you guys think of me. I know I just talked about it not too long ago, but again I love debates and I'm passionate when it comes to defending my points. I'll concede when I've been bested. There's no shame in admitting that.

I guess the point I'm trying to make is like I said earlier, I get so caught up in a debate that not everyone wants to continue to go back and forth as I can be intense at times. Having said that if there are opinions I don't necessarily agree with, I'm going to challenge them, as they are freely given and I expect the same when I express my opinions and someone feels differently.

I won't pretend like I'm a saint because, but I just want people to understand that when I'm debating it's all in fun and I mean no harm.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I still think that we could've signed Jordy for a minimum of 3-5 mil for one year as a swan song last year, and I think he could've contributed. But I can see I'm in the minority. But do understand I respect you guys' opinions on the matter, just because I don't see eye to eye with you.
Therein lies the issue. You would view it as a "swan song" year for an all time Packers great, when in reality it wasn't what was best for the football team. Could he have contributed? Sure. But again, there comes a time were any organization has to make tough decisions. Jordy noticeably lost a couple of steps, and his effort was extremely poor in 2017 after Rodgers went down with the collarbone injury.

It was time to move on.

greengold

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's fair and on occasion I do admit I can be snarky and sarcastic at times, but I'd like to think that's my charm typically, when I'm debating I am staying on the subject because I enjoy the back and forth. I enjoy debating as it forces you to think on your toes, having to go back and forth. It's combination of trading wits and logic and because there is much to talk about and whatnot I like hearing different opinions even if I don't agree with them.

Maybe it's because I go in depth with my arguments, maybe it's because I'm perceived as stubborn, (and to be fair I am, you have to when you debate, but I do relent when I'm wrong), or maybe it's due to my battles with Quientus and on occasion gary, I feel like I'm on the negative spectrum in regards to what you guys think of me. I know I just talked about it not too long ago, but again I love debates and I'm passionate when it comes to defending my points. I'll concede when I've been bested. There's no shame in admitting that.

I guess the point I'm trying to make is like I said earlier, I get so caught up in a debate that not everyone wants to continue to go back and forth as I can be intense at times. Having said that if there are opinions I don't necessarily agree with, I'm going to challenge them, as they are freely given and I expect the same when I express my opinions and someone feels differently.

I won't pretend like I'm a saint because, but I just want people to understand that when I'm debating it's all in fun and I mean no harm.

Always good to check yourself. I’ve found that to be true for myself.

Really, this is one of the best Packers Forums that I’ve found. Good understanding of the game coupled w solid discourse. That’s cool.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Therein lies the issue. You would view it as a "swan song" year for an all time Packers great, when in reality it wasn't what was best for the football team. Could he have contributed? Sure. But again, there comes a time were any organization has to make tough decisions. Jordy noticeably lost a couple of steps, and his effort was extremely poor in 2017 after Rodgers went down with the collarbone injury.

It was time to move on.
And like I said before everyone's performance dipped when Rodgers went down. That's not realistic to think otherwise when you have a guy like Rodgers stature going down to someone like Brett Hundley. Again Devante was the only one that had a pretty good season, and outside of that one year Jordy was a model of consistency. That's why I feel you guys are being unfair in regards to the situation. I mean we brought back Tramon Williams and he's up there in age, so why it any difference with him? Like I've previously mentioned Jordy was leading the league in TD's prior to Rodgers going down. But it feels like you guys are sweeping that under the rug imo simply because he had a drop off when Rodgers went down, when everyone did outside of Devante. 2017 Jordy's performance may have dipped, but the way I see it that was because of Hundley not Nelson, especially with how god awful he was. You can't put that on Jordy.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
And like I said before everyone's performance dipped when Rodgers went down. That's not realistic to think otherwise when you have a guy like Rodgers stature going down to someone like Brett Hundley. Again Devante was the only one that had a pretty good season, and outside of that one year Jordy was a model of consistency. That's why I feel you guys are being unfair in regards to the situation. I mean we brought back Tramon Williams and he's up there in age, so why it any difference with him? Like I've previously mentioned Jordy was leading the league in TD's prior to Rodgers going down. But it feels like you guys are sweeping that under the rug imo simply because he had a drop off when Rodgers went down, when everyone did outside of Devante. 2017 Jordy's performance may have dipped, but the way I see it that was because of Hundley not Nelson, especially with how god awful he was. You can't put that on Jordy.
There's a difference in not playing well, and your effort being poor. Go back and re-watch some of those games. Jordy's body language was poor. His effort was poor. His attitude was poor.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's a difference in not playing well, and your effort being poor. Go back and re-watch some of those games. Jordy's body language was poor. His effort was poor. His attitude was poor.
Everyone's attitude was poor. They were losing! Winning cures everything, plus the fact that prior to Rodgers going down they looked like a sure lock to going to the playoffs, and then Hundley's **** poor performance was frustrating. I mean come on, Jordy is class personified, I think he deserves a bit of benefit of the doubt here. He's earned that much. His poor efforts may have been due to how frustrating Hundley was doing as he was missing throws and whatnot, getting sacked when he was probably open, etc. I'm sure Jordy understood, but it still was frustrating. So which one is it? Did he lose a step or was it because he had a poor attitude? I think neither personally when all evidence showed that he was a model of consistency prior to that point. And again I think he deserves the benefit of the doubt Personally I think it was a money issue rather than his performance tbh is why he was let go.

But in any case we're beating a dead horse at this point, so for the sake of all intents and purposes let's just agree to disagree. Sounds good? What's done is done.