Take it easy on Brett

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know he blew today but hell he is the greatest player of all time.I agree with Pack66 on this. Favre has given this franchise so much you have to allow for a performance like this every once in a while. In fact you can almost expect it. All week the talk was Brett has no weapons left and has to carry this team. This is what happens. Reporters were saying "abandon the run".

Let's not, in our haste to defend Sherman , throw Favre under the bus. I realize it is being done in anticipation to the "fire Sherman" crowd but any mention of Favre being benched is ridiculous. It will never, and should never happen.

Nobody knows more than Brett that this was his loss. He is still the greatest. There is no way you will ever see Brett Favre holding a clipboard on the sideline. When that happens, I will be calling for the coaches head....even if it's Mike Sherman.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Don't want to see Brett "ridin the pines"..eh DePack...?

Or perhaps see him trotting out to "hold" for a Ryan Longwell field goal...

Or perhaps running out after a kickoff to get the "tee"....

or with a bottle of water for the fella's in the huddle during a timeout...

(me neither....and I hope nobody else here who calls themselves a Packer fan would want to see it either..)

Hell..i wouldn't mind seeing a 49 year old Favre run out and win a game (a la George Blanda) in the final seconds....too bad Favre doesn't know how to kick....

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett played very irresponsibly in the 2nd half, and that should not be excused, whether that sort of performance was by Brett, Montana, or Anthony Dilweg.

The team is what is most important, and if he's hurting the team, then that needs to be addressed in a way that will correct the problem. At the very least it should be some Holmgren-style lecture on the sideline, or maybe, just maybe, bench him for a play. Something to get the point across and correct the problem.

OP
OP
D

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm with you on this. I can't imagine a more sickening feeling than seeing Brett on the sideline holding a clipboard. I think he will still be the most talented QB in the game the day he retires.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
How about him running out and getting the "tee" after a kickoff...?

(can you think of anything more humiliating..?)

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
How about him running out and getting the "tee" after a kickoff...?

(can you think of anything more humiliating..?)
Obviously - you're not done kickin' someone when they're down.

I've posted something for all on another thread.. search for it..
If you have the guts..... :roll:

OP
OP
D

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
musccy....I don't think he needs that. He's been there enough and is the ultimate teammate and knows he let his team down. Gotta take the good with the bad.

Pack66...stop saying that crap about getting the tee....I'm getting douchechills!

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree that a tounge lashing is a bit demeaning, and it's not like he'll learn anything from it.

However, Brett should not be above the team, and I get the impression that MS and the rest of the organization feels that he is. What sort of message does it send when Ahmad Carroll gets a 5 yard holding penalty and is reamed on the sideline, then Brett throws his league leading 13th pick and everyone is A-OK with it?

yourout

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After Carroll is a 3 time MVP and a shue in for the Hall of Fame then I will cut him some slack.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
but why should it matter who you are...if something that you're doing is negatively affecting the team, shouldn't you be held accountable?

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
musccy said:
but why should it matter who you are...if something that you're doing is negatively affecting the team, shouldn't you be held accountable?

Why? It's called respect and its earned not given.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here is the thing on Brett. He is a great player and has been for a long time. All of the accolades are well deserved. But here is the bottom line, I expect a future hall of famer to make better choices than he made today. Sometimes he tries too hard to make the great play instead of making the right play. Having said that, the truth also is, sometimes you make a bad throw. When Brett doesn't go through his reads he tends to throw the ball up for grabs. It's always been that way. I don't care how good your defense is, when your offense is struggly and you throw five interceptions, you have to take the guff that comes with it. Brett knows that too.

slackerbacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I suppose the two dropped TDs and Collins drop of an INT were Farve's fault too?? Too bad no one else on this team can make a play when it matters :!:

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One thing I think everyone was SHOCKED about... was Donald Lee's dropping of a great pass - which might have ended up in the end zone with him attached to it...!

But, it's only one - out of how many damn fine plays he's already made....
SherRossley as he's becoming known in here... should have stuck with using Donald Lee just as much as they kept returning to Donald Driver - which was very predictable.... eh?

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
musccy said:

Yes lets held Sherman and Rossley accountable for the damage inflicted to the team, and then have Longwell kick them in the *** as hard as possible.

By the way you also held Brett accountable for the good ones and we shoudl be gratefull for having him standing there for the team when the HC hides his head under the grass.

Or of course Brett is acting like this to COMPLOT against Sherman and Rossley so they get fired instead of having the Lombardi Trophy renamed after them, YES BRETT MUST BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR THE FOLLOWING:

1.- Being unable or unwilling to trhow a pass and then be there to catch it and run for a TD.

2.- Being unable or unwilling to run the ball at least 200 yards every game, and blocking for himself at the same time.

3.- Being unable or unwilling to kick field goals and extra points while holding the ball himself.

4.- Being unable to block the run, cover the receiver, get an interception and return it for a TD every play.

And by doing so he is acting against Sherman who is just unable to run a team as a HC, Rossley who is unable to plan for two plays in advance, both are unable to manage the clock, maybe they need a new wrist watch?? If they came to Mexico I would love to take them to eat Barin tacos maybe that will help them out.

Members online

Latest posts