Tailgating stories to share with everyone...

Reaction score
*Inspired by digerati's thread*

I've never been to a game at Lambeau, but the tailgating party sounds so friggin awsome. Food, more packer fans that you can count, and having football games going would be something I'd love to experience.

Please feel free to share your tailgating memories/stories with the rest of us in this thread! :D

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
there are so many to choose from.

in milwaukee, we got preferred parking passes from my husbands boss. this was the first packers game i'd ever been to. we pulled into the parking lot & they kept motioning us closer & closer to the stadium. we just were in shock. we ended up in the first row right next to the stadium. we were so excited!! we learned alot about tailgating at that game.

then taking the motorhome to the kmart parking lot, tailgating before the game, buying tons of packer gear, & going to the game. the next morning, waking up in the shadows of lambeau field - it was a surreal experience!

the most emotional tailgating/game story i have is the one i went to last year on aug. 26th with my dad. i got tickets for him for father's day so he & i went all by ourselves. by then, he was too weak from the cancer, & he couldn't drive the motorhome. i was 'lucky' enough to score a room at the road star inn so we tailgated in their parking lot. i still don't know how my dad made it through that night. our tickets were way high so he had to walk up all the ramps & then it started pouring rain late in the game. we left early but it is STILL the greatest packers memory i'll have with my dad. 2 months later, he was gone. :(

Cheesehog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry to hear of the loss of your Father 4packgirl. Cherish the memories that you have had with your Dad. I loss my Father to a massive heart attack while he was young and so was I. I never got to watch and go to a game with him. When I got older, I attended games in Milwaukee, Green Bay, and Chicago.(I too am from Illinois).

THE best tailgate was at the Packers/Bears game on Labor day, Monday Night Football, to open the 1997 season after winning SB XXXI. It was a package deal which included UNLIMITED food & drink along with souviner give-aways. One guy was cooking a whole black bear which we sampled. After quite a few drinks, we were marching around the parking lot with the U of W Band and cheerleaders! Later, at the tailgate party, I hear Ray!, Ray! I turn around and its' Nitschke chomping on a big cigar smiling ear to ear! I had my Packer's NFL 75th aniversary jersey on. It was custom made by the team with Nitschke's name and Number on it! Ray grabs me by my shoulder and say's "Nice Jersey"! , and proceed to autograph it, Ray Nitschke-#66= H.O.F. '72". Of course the Pack went on to win that night. The night they unrolled the Championship Banner!

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
damn cheesehog.... thats a hell of a story.

i went to lambeau, and met paul hornung. very cool old man, very hot assistant. i then proceeded to drink large quantities of free miller lite and dont remember much. i do remember the first time i walked through the tunnell and it felt like i was Rudy's dad. "this is the most beautiful sight, these eyes have seen" . and we beat the 49ers... and i think i saw a man wearing a drunk womans bra. other than that its all one fantastic blur. GO PACK GO

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
7 college students...an entire day...a van with a full cooler of beer and assorted spirits for sightseeing.......3 or 4 hours of tailgating.....one chick projectile vomiting, and being cheered for doing so......bottle of cheap rum and a bota bag of Mad Dog 20/20 "Orange Jubilee"....big trouble.

It all started innnocently enough by our entire group (save the driver) getting liberally smashed as we were driven around the GB area to see the sights...primed for more fun this well lubricated bunch hits the Lambeau parking lot to get things going. Tenderloins, shrimp and cob corn on the grill....plus lots more beer/booze. Brought the bota bag of MD 20/20 and a flask of cheap rum...rum to add to stadium Coke's as a last resort. Ol' Bob was leading the drunken charge....defying gravity and physics living up (down?) to his nickname "Weeble"...as he wobbled but never fell down. At some point in the 3rd qtr, Bob leans over and slurs....."gimme the flashk"...which I gladly did. Sadly, Bob thought he was getting the MD Orange Jubilee, not the rotgut rum. Brings flask to face and takes in a generous amount....swallows before he realizes he drank the wrong juice. The look on his face was indication enough of the impending vomitous adventure to follow shortly. No time to get to the restrooms...time to improvise. A plastic grocery bag was quickly brough into play as a receptacle and Ol' Bob filled er' up pretty good with a frothy orange/meat concoction. Sweeeeet!! Well, the guy in front of us was with a couple chicks he apparently felt a need to impress...so it was on. The ensuing verbal exchange was surely pretty funny from the outside looking in but, in the end the guy had no gripe because nobody got hit by the spill. In the end they moved up 5 row on the opposite side of the stairs, aisle seats. Between the quarters, Bob is feeling kinda bad so he goes out and buys the guy and his 2 female friends a round.......which when presented as a peace offering was roundly rejected with a shove....a shove which caused the extended tray of beers to fall all over the guy.

Anyhow...game gets over....Bob is wandering...I am making sure he does not get lost/hurt. After an hour of wandering through residential yards and side streets, I point to our hotel sign (right behind Stadium View Bar) and say..."Bob...we are over there, see ya." Apparently I ordered a pizza and fell asleep with it on a mattress half way pulled off the box springs...Bob apparently found his way back and layed down on said angled mattress....and promptly slid down right on passed out me and my pizza. Rest of group walks in around 2:30 am to discover Bob and I spooning with smashed pizza all over the both of us...and the floor...and the sheets.

My special "drunken Packers" moment!

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4packgirl said:
the most emotional tailgating/game story i have is the one i went to last year on aug. 26th with my dad. it is STILL the greatest packers memory i'll have with my dad. 2 months later, he was gone. :(

My Dad has cancer too. I have taken him to a couple of games in Green Bay. He tells me that it has rained at every game he has gone to but the last one.
One year I gave him and my son (about 16 then) the tickets and told him I would get another one from a scalper. This is just after the remodeling was finished. I walked them up to the gates and showed them where I would meet them. Just as he was getting in line for the security check he looked back at me and said, "You are not coming in are you?" You just can't fool ol' Dad too many times can you? I told him to go have a good time with his grandson.

He likes baseball more so we get down to St Louis once a year as well.

He is still hanging on. I may have to give him and my son the tickets for a game again next year. (By game 5 it's too cold for him to sit out there for 3 + hours.)

greenbegas

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here it goes: Not only my favorite tailgaiting story, my favorite Packers story of all time!

In 1989, the Pack was back. Majik was the new leader and everything was looking up. The Chicago Bears were in town and my dad, uncle, two cousins, sister and I made the trek from Marinette to Green Bay for the game. None of us had any tickets and for those of you who have been to Packers/Bears games, you know how much scalpers charge. For this game they were through the roof because the Pack actually had a chance to win for once.

We were going to tailgate and then if we couldnt get cheap tickets we were going to go to Showbiz pizza to watch it in their bar area.

So anyway, we started about an hour before the game started to search for tickets. 300 dollars each, 250, 225.... we were going to have no chance. But then, about 20 min. before game time a man came up to my father and started talking to him. This man remembered my dad from the pizza parlor he owned about ten years before that in GB. The man was an undercover police man!

My dad asked him if he could help us get face value tickets. He said sure. So we went up to a scalper with six tickets in a row. My dad said "how much?"
The scalper replied, "250 each."
Then out of no where, the cop slapped the cuffs on the guy! His face turned as white as a ghost and the cop told him "either you sell these fine people these tickets for face value or you're coming downtown."

The guy thought about it for two seconds and agreed to sell them to us for face value!!

This story wouldnt be that great, but it was one of the most famous Packers games in history, the "instant replay game!!"

I will never forget that day and the luck that a guy who like Brother's Three Pizza and my dad hooked us up with great seats to a great game!

Cheesehog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great story greenbegas! "After further review.....I'll sell them to you at face value".

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digsthepack said:
7 college students...an entire day...a van with a full cooler of beer and assorted spirits for sightseeing.......3 or 4 hours of tailgating.....one chick projectile vomiting, and being cheered for doing so......bottle of cheap rum and a bota bag of Mad Dog 20/20 "Orange Jubilee"....big trouble.

It all started innnocently enough by our entire group (save the driver) getting liberally smashed as we were driven around the GB area to see the sights...primed for more fun this well lubricated bunch hits the Lambeau parking lot to get things going. Tenderloins, shrimp and cob corn on the grill....plus lots more beer/booze. Brought the bota bag of MD 20/20 and a flask of cheap rum...rum to add to stadium Coke's as a last resort. Ol' Bob was leading the drunken charge....defying gravity and physics living up (down?) to his nickname "Weeble"...as he wobbled but never fell down. At some point in the 3rd qtr, Bob leans over and slurs....."gimme the flashk"...which I gladly did. Sadly, Bob thought he was getting the MD Orange Jubilee, not the rotgut rum. Brings flask to face and takes in a generous amount....swallows before he realizes he drank the wrong juice. The look on his face was indication enough of the impending vomitous adventure to follow shortly. No time to get to the restrooms...time to improvise. A plastic grocery bag was quickly brough into play as a receptacle and Ol' Bob filled er' up pretty good with a frothy orange/meat concoction. Sweeeeet!! Well, the guy in front of us was with a couple chicks he apparently felt a need to impress...so it was on. The ensuing verbal exchange was surely pretty funny from the outside looking in but, in the end the guy had no gripe because nobody got hit by the spill. In the end they moved up 5 row on the opposite side of the stairs, aisle seats. Between the quarters, Bob is feeling kinda bad so he goes out and buys the guy and his 2 female friends a round.......which when presented as a peace offering was roundly rejected with a shove....a shove which caused the extended tray of beers to fall all over the guy.

Anyhow...game gets over....Bob is wandering...I am making sure he does not get lost/hurt. After an hour of wandering through residential yards and side streets, I point to our hotel sign (right behind Stadium View Bar) and say..."Bob...we are over there, see ya." Apparently I ordered a pizza and fell asleep with it on a mattress half way pulled off the box springs...Bob apparently found his way back and layed down on said angled mattress....and promptly slid down right on passed out me and my pizza. Rest of group walks in around 2:30 am to discover Bob and I spooning with smashed pizza all over the both of us...and the floor...and the sheets.

My special "drunken Packers" moment!

you...are my...hero!!! :pals: that has GOT to be the most hysterical story i've EVER heard!!!! i've had similar experiences - oh the stories i could tell ya. :wink: :lol:

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh, praytell, do...do tell me/us.

The morning after Bob and I found ourselves in the hot tub in the plexiglass room just off the lobby.....waving at the desk clerk as we did cannonball after cannonball.

Dear God..........I WAS a **** when I was younger...and drunk!!

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the julie stories are many & some are not appropriate to talk about - even on THIS site!! maybe if you put me back on the street corner, i'll tell you a few in private?!? :wink:

Members online

Latest posts