Tailgaters Fantasy Football

• Thread starter I_am_smoked_cheddar
  • Start date

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Dang, I had Josh Gordon from Cleveland penciled in for flex spot but pulled him out after Richardson traded and seeing the 3rd QB was starting. Lost his 22 points. My bench might outscore my starters.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Week 3 was the worst week I've ever had in fantasy football. Get zero from Spiller, two from Cruz and four each from Cook and Clay. Think I'll just forget this week ever happened.

OP
OP
I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

Week 3 was the worst week I've ever had in fantasy football. Get zero from Spiller, two from Cruz and four each from Cook and Clay. Think I'll just forget this week ever happened.

Even MJD starting would not have helped you this week. I have my fingers crossed for Monday Nite Football. Green 18 is playing P.Manning, but I can still win if J.Thomas and K. Moriano play well. The crunch will come next week for Green 18 though, his GB players have a bye and he has a weak bench with little chance of finding any quality free agents.
Better luck in week 4.

OP
OP
I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

Congratulations to the week 3 winners and better luck to those who lost (including myself). With injuries, bye weeks, and just plain being let down by players, we move on to week 4 . The benches will prove to be of greater value as the season progresses. You can post your smack in the league site without fear of being bullied .

OP
OP
I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

Week 5 is upon us, is your team ready ? Our league is getting more competitive each week. As League Manager I am proud of the way all of our leagues owners have made the Tailgaters Fantasy Football league a fun and post friendly site. :cool:

OP
OP
I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

Team owners are reminded to check and set your starting line ups EACH WEEK . Injured, bye week, and just weak players don't score points. All owners agreed to participate in this league, so participate ! True sportsmen don't just give up when they're behind , so step up and be sportsmen. :tup:

OP
OP
I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

Week # 7 concludes tonight as the Giants play the Vikings. This weekends games mark the midpoint of our season. Many are doing well and some are not, but I salute all of this leagues owners for never giving up. Your team may not make it to the playoffs, however your team still counts and may influence who those playoff teams will be ! :cool:

OP
OP
I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

Wow, the league competition has been incredible. The ups, the downs, the blindside hits have been making my Sundays even more exciting. This is going to be a horse race to the finish. :tup:

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Wow, the league competition has been incredible. The ups, the downs, the blindside hits have been making my Sundays even more exciting. This is going to be a horse race to the finish. :tup:
Your week was exciting playing against someone with 5 bye week players starting? Wish I could land some of that excitement. I'll just do it the old-fashioned way, by beating the player with the best record by almost 100 points.

OP
OP
I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

True, but I was referring to the league in general. In terms of teams, I'm only running my own and accumulating old-fashioned points. The victories take care of themselves. Also, thanks for defeating my top division adversary.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
True, but I was referring to the league in general. In terms of teams, I'm only running my own and accumulating old-fashioned points. The victories take care of themselves. Also, thanks for defeating my top division adversary.

If you ain't going to beat them, someone has to help you.

OP
OP
I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

If you ain't going to beat them, someone has to help you.

I didn't need any help to defeat you. Yes I did lose in weeks 2 & 3 , but I worked to regain ground lost to injuries. I will meet those same two teams again before the reg. season ends, and I expect to be very competitive.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
If I figured correctly, no matter what happens this weekend, I am guaranteed a spot in the title bracket for the playoffs. To me, this fantasy season is a success. Do I want the title? Of course but I am not going to lament not having it very much.

OP
OP
I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

The Playoffs have begun . I have posted a special message on the ESPN fantasy league page.

Happy Holidays

OP
OP
I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

If I figured correctly, no matter what happens this weekend, I am guaranteed a spot in the title bracket for the playoffs. To me, this fantasy season is a success. Do I want the title? Of course but I am not going to lament not having it very much.

Really ? Is that why you built your championship starting lineup as strong as you have, because it does not mean much to you. I have also worked to get to the championship round, and I am playing to win it all !

The "Ring" remains "Unbroken !

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Really ? Is that why you built your championship starting lineup as strong as you have, because it does not mean much to you. I have also worked to get to the championship round, and I am playing to win it all !

The "Ring" remains "Unbroken !

Not like I can do anything about my studs choking or other players having unwordly weeks. I just line 'em up and wait for the results. I measure successful seasons by getting into the playoffs. That shows consistently beating other owners and not just getting lucky for a week or two.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I have one player left to play, the latest victim is out of players and I have a 45+ point lead. Pretty safe to say:
All bow and kiss the ring of the Qillers:

OP
OP
I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

CONGRATULATIONS to "Qens Qillers"
CHAMPION of the TAILGATERS FANTASY FOOTBALL LEAGUE

OP
OP
I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

The Final Standings for the 2013 Tailgaters Fantasy Football League are :

1 : Qens Qillers - Champion
2: The Ring Unbroken
3: T-Rich or Die Tryin'
4: Natural Born Spillers
5: Green 18
6: Team Rob
7: Dr. Jolly & Mr. Micah Hyde
8: Frank Rizzo
9: 13th Hour Madmen
10: Empirecity Lunchboxers

Thanks to all of the team owners for a fine season of fantasy football !

________
________

OP
OP
I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

The 2014 Tailgaters Fantasy Football League is back for another fun filled season. Welcome back to those that enter their 2nd season and we will also welcome some new owners as the league says goodbye to some of last seasons owners. Divisions as well as the Draft will be random. No pre-draft trades. The Draft will be scheduled for after
preseason and before the regular season begins. It will need to be discussed. Invitations will go out very soon for the 2014 season and the league will fill out once more with active players.

Welcome Back !

OP
OP
I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

The Tailgaters Fantasy Football League has recruited it's final member for the 2014 season. Please post your draft day/time suggestions. With members from California to Germany and Austria , special care needs to be applied to try to be workable for all members. I welcome your post.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
If we all draft one time, any early evening lambeau field time works for me. Otherwise start up a 24 hours to pick draft in the next 2 weeks or so. That should take about 2 weeks to get done.

Members online

Latest posts